Best Arenas/Stadiums in America

nugent4president

I've been to 3 MLB parks. They are Fenway, Tropicana field and Angel Stadium. The best one is Fenway, it might not be as comfortable as newer ballparks but they have done a lot of work to it and made the stadium real nice. I'd rank Tropicana second best because I thought it was a good place to see a game although people who have never been there tend to hate it because it's a dome. I didn't like Angel Stadium that much, the concourse was very plain and the seats were not pointed to the same direction as the field.

I've only been to Foxboro Stadium and Gillette for the NFL. Gillette is a great place to watch a game even though it isn't really close to Boston. The NFL stadiums that I admire from other teams are Qwest field, Reliant Stadium and UoP Stadium. The one stadium in the NFL that bugs the heck out of me is candlestick park.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only thing that I really didn't like about the Chicago Stadium was that the ice was 15 feet too short. For some reason, that bugs me that it wasn't regulation ice, but whatever. That was the last time the Hawks were good.

Milwaukee is kind of like that, but unfortunatley, the East Side is the wet-dream of transplants from up-north who want pretend to live in the city, but don't want to be bothered with actually having to deal with crime, poverty (and living near... GASP!... Black people!!!) and urban blight like the rest of the city.

Well, cities shouldn't have crime, poverty, and blight, and that's something that all civic governments should strive to attain. I'd want to live in a cleaner part of Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, or any city if at all possible. Why shouldn't people want a higher quality of living?

You seem to harbor a lot of resentment toward the melanin-deficient.

Milwaukee is kind of like that, but unfortunatley, the East Side is the wet-dream of transplants from up-north who want pretend to live in the city, but don't want to be bothered with actually having to deal with crime, poverty (and living near... GASP!... Black people!!!) and urban blight like the rest of the city.

Well, cities shouldn't have crime, poverty, and blight, and that's something that all civic governments should strive to attain. I'd want to live in a cleaner part of Chicago, Milwaukee, Detroit, or any city if at all possible. Why shouldn't people want a higher quality of living?

You seem to harbor a lot of resentment toward the melanin-deficient.

My resentment is towards ANYONE who is selfish and childish enough to want to run away from problems and pretend they don't exist rather than deal with them head on. Especially when the latter works out in the best interest of everyone.

But it's interesting to me that this is how you interepret it...

brew.png

As for my interpretation, you've referred to "those scared-ass white people" in previous posts, your words, not mine, so don't act like I'm conjuring this up myself. But what's childish about electing to live in a nicer part of town? Sure, it'd be great if we could all join hands and revitalize every block of every city (until that qualifies as big bad gentrification), but let's be pragmatic here. What are you suggesting these SAWPs do? Would you prefer that they jeopardize their safety by living in blighted crime-ridden neighborhoods? Or would you prefer they were just completely gone, and lived out in the sprawl like Brookfield or West Allis with fellow SAWPs, where they'll contribute less to Milwaukee's economy by spending so much less time in the city, or even finding employment there and bypassing the city completely? I'm all for improving America's cities, and I'm sure you are too, but not everybody is that idealistic. Maybe they just want to live in a good city neighborhood near their jobs because they prefer that lifestyle over the heavy driving of the suburbs. I can't really hold that against them.

He took the spirit of your post! And he turned it around! To use it against you!

Are you trying to put John Madden out of work?

How dare you stereotype John Madden you stupid prick. I bet you've never even met him! Have you, :censored:head?

See what blowing little things up gets you?

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

The concourse smelled like urine and beer

Just like the natives of Detroit....

Spoken like someone who knows they're in the annonymity of cyberspace where there's no risk of being popped in the mouth :cursing:

Oh, stop posturing. He could've said it about anywhere.

I don't give a damn, he said it about the city I chose to live in.

You actually chose to live in Detroit?! :shocked: Were u lured by the great weather, low crime, good football, smell, or the luxurious standards of living?

Well, what attracted you to Connecticut? The endless racial and cultural diversity? The ethnic restaurants? The affordable housing? The tropical climate? College football powerhouses like UConn and Yale?

I'm gonna end this now and be the bigger man. What was said about Detroit is mostly untrue just like the suff about CT is mostly untrue. But seriously, as a black man living in New Haven, the ethnic diversity comment was totally racist. Go to Bridgeport, Hartford or New Haven and then we'll talk.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

The concourse smelled like urine and beer

Just like the natives of Detroit....

Spoken like someone who knows they're in the annonymity of cyberspace where there's no risk of being popped in the mouth :cursing:

Oh, stop posturing. He could've said it about anywhere.

I don't give a damn, he said it about the city I chose to live in.

You actually chose to live in Detroit?! :shocked: Were u lured by the great weather, low crime, good football, smell, or the luxurious standards of living?

Well, what attracted you to Connecticut? The endless racial and cultural diversity? The ethnic restaurants? The affordable housing? The tropical climate? College football powerhouses like UConn and Yale?

I'm gonna end this now and be the bigger man. What was said about Detroit is mostly untrue just like the suff about CT is mostly untrue. But seriously, as a black man living in New Haven, the ethnic diversity comment was totally racist. Go to Bridgeport, Hartford or New Haven and then we'll talk.

You're neither ending an argument nor being a bigger man by calling another poster racist. And you're neither being helpful nor interesting by pointing that out.

It's a vicious cycle, this arguing on the Internet thing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

it's cool, man....these mother :censored:ers have probably never stepped foot in detroit. they only know what they hear on the news, not what we experience.

Well, thats sounds an awful lot like Pittsburgh.

<_<

It sounds more like Oakland. The WWE has never done a pay-per-view or show from there.

It's like every company bypasses Oakland thanks to its stereotypical image problem. The A's wanna go to Fremont probably cuz of it.

The only thing that I really didn't like about the Chicago Stadium was that the ice was 15 feet too short. For some reason, that bugs me that it wasn't regulation ice, but whatever. That was the last time the Hawks were good.

Chicago Stadium was fine, it was the Aud in Buffalo that was too short.

It sounds more like Oakland. The WWE has never done a pay-per-view or show from there.

Okay, stop humanity. We are now using whether or not the WWE has done a PPV from a city to determine it's worth on the world stage, regardless of melanin content. If this is indeed the case, then that means that I must immediately move back to Winnipeg, since In Your House IV was staged there (worst In Your House ever), and nothing has been held in Vancouver. The shame!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

As for my interpretation, you've referred to "those scared-ass white people" in previous posts, your words, not mine, so don't act like I'm conjuring this up myself. But what's childish about electing to live in a nicer part of town? Sure, it'd be great if we could all join hands and revitalize every block of every city (until that qualifies as big bad gentrification), but let's be pragmatic here. What are you suggesting these SAWPs do? Would you prefer that they jeopardize their safety by living in blighted crime-ridden neighborhoods? Or would you prefer they were just completely gone, and lived out in the sprawl like Brookfield or West Allis with fellow SAWPs, where they'll contribute less to Milwaukee's economy by spending so much less time in the city, or even finding employment there and bypassing the city completely? I'm all for improving America's cities, and I'm sure you are too, but not everybody is that idealistic. Maybe they just want to live in a good city neighborhood near their jobs because they prefer that lifestyle over the heavy driving of the suburbs. I can't really hold that against them.

Previous "posts?" I can only recall ONE where I MIGHT have referred to SAWP's (as you put it)... the search feature isn't working for me right now. But even still... I was using it in reference to a specific incident, so It's quite obvious that I hate PRIVLEGE, so unless you also think I hate all men, all heterosexuals, all non-handicapped people, etc; then you need to take this "you hate white people" garbage somewhere else.

Secondly, I wouldn't put 'Stallis in the same category with Brookfield or 90% of Milwaukee's 'burbs (or other suburbs in general). I would never live there, but at least I recognize the difference between West Allis being founded as a way to give affordable housing to workers at Allis-Chalmers and Brookfield being founded as a way to deliberately exclude people.

But if somewhere is good enough for you to live and/or work in, then that somewhere's problems are yours to deal with... end of story. It has nothing to do with being "idealistic," it has to do with being realistic. Crime only happens where there's inequality, so as long as all the money in Milwaukee stays walking distance of Lake Michigan, things will not improve... period. It's not rocket science.

BTW, "improvement" doesn't automatically equate to "gentrification," but I think the fact that you seem to think so should tell you something about the nature of capitalism (and how we'll NEVER have equality under it), but that's a whole 'nother thread.

LOL, please with this "bigger man" crap. You just didn't like the feel of stereotyping coming back to bite you in the ass. I think it's even more hilarious because I acknowledged that I WAS stereotyping so that you could get a perspective on what you were doing yourself. But instead, your response is "That's not fair!!! I'm one of the 20 proud Black people in New Haven you racist!!!" (j/p.... but it sucks, doesn't it?)

And for the record, I'm actually well aware that there's Black people in Connecticut. I've been forced to sit through my share of 106 & Park...

brew.png

Okay, stop humanity. We are now using whether or not the WWE has done a PPV from a city to determine it's worth on the world stage, regardless of melanin content. If this is indeed the case, then that means that I must immediately move back to Winnipeg, since In Your House IV was staged there (worst In Your House ever), and nothing has been held in Vancouver. The shame!

Actually, IYH 9: International Incident and IYH 26: Rock Bottom were both held in Vancouver, along with a couple Raw tapings (in 2000 and 2003) as well.

So I guess that makes us more world class than Winnipeg! :P:flagcanada:

TrevorLindensig.jpg

TrevorLindenJerseys.png

it's cool, man....these mother :censored:ers have probably never stepped foot in detroit. they only know what they hear on the news, not what we experience.

Well, thats sounds an awful lot like Pittsburgh.

<_<

Except Pittsburgh's women are a lot fuglier....

Its one thing to trash a guy's city. But to trash a guy's city's women?

Are you talking from experience, or is it another one of those "known things". <_<

oBIgzrL.png

Previous "posts?" I can only recall ONE where I MIGHT have referred to SAWP's (as you put it)... the search feature isn't working for me right now. But even still... I was using it in reference to a specific incident, so It's quite obvious that I hate PRIVLEGE, so unless you also think I hate all men, all heterosexuals, all non-handicapped people, etc; then you need to take this "you hate white people" garbage somewhere else.

Secondly, I wouldn't put 'Stallis in the same category with Brookfield or 90% of Milwaukee's 'burbs (or other suburbs in general). I would never live there, but at least I recognize the difference between West Allis being founded as a way to give affordable housing to workers at Allis-Chalmers and Brookfield being founded as a way to deliberately exclude people.

But if somewhere is good enough for you to live and/or work in, then that somewhere's problems are yours to deal with... end of story. It has nothing to do with being "idealistic," it has to do with being realistic. Crime only happens where there's inequality, so as long as all the money in Milwaukee stays walking distance of Lake Michigan, things will not improve... period. It's not rocket science.

BTW, "improvement" doesn't automatically equate to "gentrification," but I think the fact that you seem to think so should tell you something about the nature of capitalism (and how we'll NEVER have equality under it), but that's a whole 'nother thread.

LOL, please with this "bigger man" crap. You just didn't like the feel of stereotyping coming back to bite you in the ass. I think it's even more hilarious because I acknowledged that I WAS stereotyping so that you could get a perspective on what you were doing yourself. But instead, your response is "That's not fair!!! I'm one of the 20 proud Black people in New Haven you racist!!!" (j/p.... but it sucks, doesn't it?)

And for the record, I'm actually well aware that there's Black people in Connecticut. I've been forced to sit through my share of 106 & Park...

Ouch. I will now admit that I've lost this argument. This arguing will get us no where. But don't get it twisted: I have no hatred for the citizens of Detroit. I meant my original comments only as a joke and nothing more.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived