Strange Detroit Tigers Logo

KJTALBOT

If you click on the link http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...=73266450992841 you will go to an article about auctioning off membribilia from old Tiger Stadium. Half way down on the page is a photo of the stadium. They repainted the new logo (caged D) on top of the Tiger head in the circle logo. The paint has peeled and now the two logos are superimposed. It is strangely interesting and haunting.

Everyone loves a roundel.

I was actualy at Tiger Stadium just after "61" was fillmed, participating at one of the last "Field of Dreams" fantasy camps. The Stadium was a bit run down, but still useable. I was sad to see her empty, but for one weekend she was alive with the sounds of baseball.

I will weep when they tear the stadium down, as I did when Olympia fell to the wrecking ball. Alas, we oly just knew you, dear friend!

"Post Hoc, Ergo Propter Hoc!:  "After this, therefore, because of this."

f3dca0b9-3d53-4cd3-b468-7ac58806b3dc.png

I will weep when they tear the stadium down, as I did when Olympia fell to the wrecking ball. Alas, we oly just knew you, dear friend!

As will I. Tiger Stadium has always been my favourite building on earth. And Olympia Stadium was such an underrated, great place to watch hockey, with its round corners, imposing balconies and inside-the-blue-line players' benches.

"Old folks"

scorepics-ca.jpg

Another old friend goes to the annals of history never to be seen again. I always enjoyed watching Brewers games on tv from that place. The overhang upper deck in the outfield, double deck all the way around, thoughts of Cecil Fielder actually hitting one OUT of the stadium. Goodbye Tiger Stadium goodbye.

"I feel we shall all be in line wanting to push the plunger to detonate the TNT that brings down the Silverdome, however."

A-Men!!!

packchampionslfroh.png

I have such good memories of Tiger Stadium. Sitting with my brother during a 104-loss season and being one of only 20 people in the bleachers, yet soaking up the sun and keeping score...Meeting Ernie Harwell in a cooridor when I was 10 years old...The 1984 World Series...being behind home plate in the 3rd row when Roger Clemens struck out a ton of Tigers (19? 20?) to set the then MLB record...I could go on and on.

I have one of the original metal/wood green seats from back in the Brigg's, then Tiger Stadium days in my basement. I'd like to get one of the orange, plastic ones to set next to it when they auction everything off next year.

With that said, and my sentimentality aside, I am glad the Tigers moved to Comerica Park. While Tiger Stadium was a great place, sightline-wise, to see a game (if you weren't behind a pole), Comerica offers the whole package of the baseball experience. Comerica finally got an "identity" this year as baseball was reborn in Motown.

I took in a game at Tiger Stadium during it's last year. Every inning I sat in a new section, making a lap around the ballpark by the end of the game. All I kept thinking was "Ty freakin' Cobb played here."

That was one fun day.

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I'll never forget being at the o'l stadium for the 1987 ALCS.

I was 9.

Awesome!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Archived