Newark Arena Pics

NJTank

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This arena looks pretty incredible. I sincerely hope, and this is not a dig at the Devils, that they can fill the arena because it would be a shame for the building to be wasted on small crowds.

Personally, I'll be surprised if they do fill it. They probably will for awhile when the rink is still new, but the prices are going to be WAAAY higher than they are now which will probably keep a lot of people away.

Afterall, the main reason the Devils haven't sold out their playoff games so far (atleast the main reason I've heard) is that the prices are too high.

Of course, better transportation and location will help though.

This arena looks pretty incredible. I sincerely hope, and this is not a dig at the Devils, that they can fill the arena because it would be a shame for the building to be wasted on small crowds.

Personally, I'll be surprised if they do fill it. They probably will for awhile when the rink is still new, but the prices are going to be WAAAY higher than they are now which will probably keep a lot of people away.

Afterall, the main reason the Devils haven't sold out their playoff games so far (atleast the main reason I've heard) is that the prices are too high.

Of course, better transportation and location will help though.

The sections that saw the biggest increase in price are apparently sold out. Or at least there is a waiting list for them. The other sections saw a smaller increase and some actually went down. Also there will be more sellouts for the fact that is will be a smaller building. Several games, including Saturday, would have been a sellout at the new arena. Plus it won't have as high a roof as CAA which will make for a better atmosphere.

The main attendance problems now have to do with the ever increasing hassle it is to get to the Meadowlands especially on the weekend. Just look at the difference between game 1 on a Thursday and game 2 on a Saturday. Game 2 had almost 3,000 more people and was a near sellout.

The team has drawn before, in 96-97 (a year after they missed the playoffs no less) they drew around 17,00 per game (about the capacity of the new arena). That said if the team continues to play soft like this they may have a slight problem. The popular players (like most places) have always been the more physical players.

As a Devils fan, I'm ecstatic! My cousin who lives in Newark says the arena looks amazing and we already have a deposit on a partial plan for 07-08.

On a different subject, does anyone know if the Nets will be making any modifications to Continental Airlines Arena even though in 2010(?) they too will move out?

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

I doubt it I think the Nets are stupid, Brooklyn is going to be years or red tape they still don't have shovels in the ground, they could be going to Newark themselves where they would be adored.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I doubt it I think the Nets are stupid, Brooklyn is going to be years or red tape they still don't have shovels in the ground, they could be going to Newark themselves where they would be adored.

I think they want to go to a building that they own themselves or are the main tenant to where they can get most of the revenue from the building. They would be neither at the Rock. If Brooklyn falls through I think the Nets will be sold off and moved out of market.

• 4 weeks later...

The Newest Updates are up on NJDevils.com

Note of interest they moved my office today at the courthouse and now I just look at the window on the 10th Floor and See the Pru.

http://www.newjerseydevils.com/njd/prucenter/galleries.php

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Maybe is there steel in the ground yet?

I look forward to seeing that progress as well though. The Penguins deserve it

Tank, it's Pittsburgh. There's always steel in the ground. :D

A Pittsburgh pun even I couldnt think of. I commend you, sir.

Well, anyways, theyve started taking buildings down and almost finished cleaning up the old hospital theyre gonna take down, and theyre getting ready to put in the foundation... but they havent released and offical design yet, theyre probably gonna use the design theyve had for years.

probably the best place to get info right now is here: http://msgboard.pittsburghpenguins.com/ind...hp?showforum=15

oBIgzrL.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well I take my cue from the Arena's Official Website

http://www.prucenter.com/

it's abbreviated because either they didn't want people to type the whole thing out, or someone hijacked prudentialcenter.com, so they went with that. Trust me, no one is calling it, nor will ever call it "The Pru"....

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Well I take my cue from the Arena's Official Website

http://www.prucenter.com/

it's abbreviated because either they didn't want people to type the whole thing out, or someone hijacked prudentialcenter.com, so they went with that. Trust me, no one is calling it, nor will ever call it "The Pru"....

This guy is, just to be contrarian. Pru, pru, pru on you... :P

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived