EA SPORTS

Dark Angel

I've been buying EA SPORTS game ever since I bought PS2 back in 2001. But this year, I have been dissapointed of my favorite games this past years.

NBA LIVE 07- No subs, no replay, and they completly ruined the free throw.

NHL 07- OK game but the season mode hasent change since 2003 and THE RIGHT ANALOG STICK dosent help.

MADDEN 07- This was a good game but it would be better if they used the same graphic as in NCAA FOOTBALL 07.

MVP- wait till 2010.

So right now I been playing 2K SPORTS game and I hope that EA SPORTS will do a better job in 2007.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd tend to agree with you. EA really dropped the ball this year. 2K Sports completely dominated. NBA 2K7 alone beats any EA Sports title released this past year. Granted, Madden was good, but they got cheap on so many little features...no alternate uniforms (unless you want to PAY to download them from XBOX Live), no fantasy draft, no ability to change a player's uniform number (!!)...it's the little things that make a great sports game, and EA just seemed to coast through everything.

Which version of NHL 07 are you talking about?

The XBOX360 version is the most insanly fun I've ever had playing an actual game of hockey in forever. Lots of features are missing, they'll be back in '08 hopefully, but this new style of play puts so much more control of the players on you, rather than punching one button for a pre-set move.

I can't speak for the others, because I don't play anything other than NBA Jam and RBI Baseball, but NHL 07 360 is an incredible game

Which version of NHL 07 are you talking about?

The XBOX360 version is the most insanly fun I've ever had playing an actual game of hockey in forever. Lots of features are missing, they'll be back in '08 hopefully, but this new style of play puts so much more control of the players on you, rather than punching one button for a pre-set move.

I can't speak for the others, because I don't play anything other than NBA Jam and RBI Baseball, but NHL 07 360 is an incredible game

The PS2 version 0.

I have Madden 2004, that still gives me a bit of fun, but i must say after building a team and stadium, soemtimes i cannot be bothered playing it. I have Rugby 2004, NBA Live 2004 and FIFA 2006 or 2007 or both, not sure i dont play it. To me all PS2 and EA Sports games are the same.

At the moment i'm enjoying kicking everyones arse in Buzz - the Sports Quiz game show game.

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Madden/NCAA...meh, I've never been too huge on football games, but last year's NCAA really burned me out - then again, I did play four seasons worth in ten weeks with my roommates, soo....the play mechanics are just slightly broken.

uniforms - alternates for NCAA and alts and throwbacks for Madden - are available on XBL for free. They never put them out for sale, but that's what they were going to do until they finally got wise.

NHL '07 is apparently better than 2k7, but NBA 2K7 is probably the best sports game of the year. Behind only Winning Eleven, it's the best balanced, deepest and most fun sports game I've played. graphics are slightly spotty at times (actually, more waxy - take a look at the NBA 2K7 360 Dirk Nowitzki *erm*) but gameplay wise it's brilliant.

harperdc.gif

i have ncaa07 for ps2 and i love it.. i really wish EA still did MVP.. nothing else quite compares.

they do, it's just college ball instead of pros - I didn't have a problem with it (besides having a harder time getting into a baseball game than my roommates) because it's a better game of hardball than MLB 2k6 was, and what happens in the game is more important than the licenses.

then again, I also put in more than seven hours to edit up the majority of the teams in Winning Eleven to accurately reflect their real-life counterparts because they don't have all the licenses, but it's worth it because FIFA is garbage and WE/PES is gaming bliss - not just soccer gaming, or sports gaming, but gaming. Six-star WE9 is heaven.

harperdc.gif

I hate the new kicking meter on Madden

I finally mastered field goals, but all my kickoffs fly out of bounds.

On Xbox it's pretty easy, are you guys kidding? Stick back, stick forward, not much to it. It does take a bit of focus to ensure you're not working the stick sideways but other than that, piece of cake.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

What gets me is that the alt unis that are available are only one. From what I hear, you can get an Oiler jersey but not the light blue Titan jersey. WTF. Bottom line is, next gen is just out there because people will buy it. The older and inferior (PS2, etc) versions are better and as long as (hate it or not 2Kseries) there is no competition and it still sells millions of copies regardless of how bad it is, it isn't going to get better any time soon and that is sad. I LOVE madden and NCAA football and little things make the games and they are going through the motions.

KISSwall09.jpg

I got NCAA 07 & Madden 07 for the PSP yesterday...

It might just be the college fan in me, but I was up until 2 last night playing NCAA 07 on the PSP last night. I was suprised that it was that good, although the stadiums were kinda off, but I can live with that.

Madden, on the other hand, was kinda meh. Still a great game, but I won't be playing that nearly as much as NCAA.

OT: PSP kicks ass. So much stuff to do on that thing that it's unreal.

i have ncaa07 for ps2 and i love it.. i really wish EA still did MVP.. nothing else quite compares.

they do, it's just college ball instead of pros - I didn't have a problem with it (besides having a harder time getting into a baseball game than my roommates) because it's a better game of hardball than MLB 2k6 was, and what happens in the game is more important than the licenses.

Thanks for the tip harperdc, I guess i will have to buy the next years edition.. but i still wish they did a MLB edition.

Archived