I'm sick of this sports reporters quistion

buildingmaint

I hear this question every day on the sports talk shows. Did the Colts win the game or did the Patriots lose the game. What a dumb question . The team that scores the most points wins the team that scores the fewer points loses. To ask that question it would seem that there was only one team playing. The other team stood on the side lines and watched as the other team fumbled the ball out of the end zone? He threw a pitch and magically it goes over the fence?Come on sports are played by humans not by robots,mistakes will happen humans are well human.

There isn't enough room to discuss all the dumb questions asked by sports reporters. Add that one to the list. To paraphrase someone..."Those who can, do. Those who can't, write. Those who can't write, cover sports."

BB52Big.jpg

All roads lead to Dollar General.

The real answer is .... the result was all predetermined by God...

Never took you for a Calvinist...

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

reporter asking kevin millar after the yanks beat the sox in the ALCS.

reporter: kevin does this hurt?

there was another time, ncaa hoops, cant remember the teams, but a shot at the buzzer won the game for a team...the reporter then interviews the player.

Reporter: Explain how you made that bucket

Player: I took a jumpshot, hi mom!

*interview done*

Speaking of dumb questions, how long is it going to be until we hear someone ask Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy "How long have you been a black coach?"

No one ever actually asked Doug Williams how long he had been a black quarterback. That's urban legend. http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/williams.asp for more information.

I'll be really happy when that "How long..." thing goes away. Knowing my fair country, I'll probably never be happy.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Speaking of dumb questions, how long is it going to be until we hear someone ask Lovie Smith or Tony Dungy "How long have you been a black coach?"

No one ever actually asked Doug Williams how long he had been a black quarterback. That's urban legend. http://www.snopes.com/sports/football/williams.asp for more information.

I'll be really happy when that "How long..." thing goes away. Knowing my fair country, I'll probably never be happy.

Real or fake, that's just poor form by the person asking the question. You ought to know those kinds of facts ahead of time.....

Real or fake, that's just poor form by the person asking the question. You ought to know those kinds of facts ahead of time.....

What are you talking about? The reporter asked "Doug, obviously you've been a black quarterback your whole life. When did race begin to matter to people?" We should be above race, but as a culture, we're not. The first black quarterback in a Super Bowl was kind of a big deal. To expect his race to not have been part of the story -- for better or for worse -- is pretty naive. If it bugs you, I suggest you leave your TV off for the next couple of weeks, because you're bound to hear a lot more questions in a similar vein.

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

What are you talking about? The reporter asked "Doug, obviously you've been a black quarterback your whole life. When did race begin to matter to people?" We should be above race, but as a culture, we're not. The first black quarterback in a Super Bowl was kind of a big deal. To expect his race to not have been part of the story -- for better or for worse -- is pretty naive. If it bugs you, I suggest you leave your TV off for the next couple of weeks, because you're bound to hear a lot more questions in a similar vein.

Now read the bolded lines.

You've got a bad habit of over-analyzing and assuming things.

Eh. If you're making jokes, make them funny. Then we can avoid all confusion, right?

Don't blame me if things fly over your head.

Actually, I take it all back. Liberalism requires we blow everything out proportion; being a fan sports just requires we be irrational. I got the two mixed up here. I'll try to not let it happen again.

I was watching Cold Pizza on Monday and the panelists were debating if Peyton Manning won the game on Sunday or did Tom Brady lost it. I didn't the NFL had 1-on-1 games??? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I was watching Cold Pizza on Monday and the panelists were debating if Peyton Manning won the game on Sunday or did Tom Brady lost it. I didn't the NFL had 1-on-1 games??? :wacko::wacko::wacko:

If people were watching, they would know that Peyton Manning won the game when he intercepted Tom Brady, who lost it, with seconds left.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

One of the best of the stupid questions was asked by Jessie Roger's on WSCR in Chicago to former Cub Antonio Alfonseca, who has 6 fingers on each hand, "Where you born with the extra finger on each hand?"

Eh. If you're making jokes, make them funny. Then we can avoid all confusion, right?

Don't blame me if things fly over your head.

Actually, I take it all back. Liberalism requires we blow everything out proportion; being a fan sports just requires we be irrational. I got the two mixed up here. I'll try to not let it happen again.

Duely noted.

Archived