NHL All Star Game

fonz

Having the game on Versus was one of the dumbest moves, ever, even worse than trying the game out on a Wednesday night. Most people don't receive Versus, aren't willing to pay for an extra programming tier or something to get it, or even heard of that channel in the first place. It's too bad, it was an entertaining game. The NHL once again, promoted its sport poorly to the general populace. The NHL's narrow-minded scope is still limited to hardcore hockey fans. :mad:

For what it's worth, the Ottawa - Montreal game is on local english-language TV in Ottawa, and in french on RDS in Quebec and eastern Ontario. Wouldn't you get alternate programming even if the game was on TSN? We do whenever a Leafs game is on anything but HNIC, unless Toronto's playing Ottawa or Montreal.

Is that A channel?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

For what it's worth, the Ottawa - Montreal game is on local english-language TV in Ottawa, and in french on RDS in Quebec and eastern Ontario. Wouldn't you get alternate programming even if the game was on TSN? We do whenever a Leafs game is on anything but HNIC, unless Toronto's playing Ottawa or Montreal.

Is that A channel?

Yeah, local cable 6 here.

Man, you've got to have some big rabbit ears to pick that up in Cajun country. :grin:

Yeah, local cable 6 here.

Man, you've got to have some big rabbit ears to pick that up in Cajun country. :grin:

Yeah, you should have seen the trouble to get it into hard ground here in the marsh... :)

I just remember it from listening to the games over the Internet (or on Sirius when I'm on the road.), as Dean Brown and Gord Wilson generally do play-by-play unless they're doing the TV side (like tonight)

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Here's an idea that probably no one thought of and probably never will happen. Its just another one of my crazy ideas. Why not televise the game on a team's flagship station in their territory? In my part of Central Virginia, I could see the game on Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic (the Caps flagship). Likewise, someone in Atlanta could see it on SportSouth, and so on. This is probably flawed in some way but i dont feel like figuring it out.

nicolevaidisova.jpgbarack-obama-043007.jpg

The reason I am on this earth-Nicole Vaidisova

Barack and Roll!!

Here's an idea that probably no one thought of and probably never will happen. Its just another one of my crazy ideas. Why not televise the game on a team's flagship station in their territory? In my part of Central Virginia, I could see the game on Comcast SportsNet Mid-Atlantic (the Caps flagship). Likewise, someone in Atlanta could see it on SportSouth, and so on. This is probably flawed in some way but i dont feel like figuring it out.

That doesn't work because all those regional networks have other local contracts which would interrupt a national broadcast. It's in part why FSN could not challenge ESPN. A lot of it's national program gets interrupted by local games leading to lower national ratings.

Well eventhough TSN isn't showing the Habs game, at least CBC showed the cerimony for Ken Dryden. It took long enough, the game only ended up starting at about 8:45, over an hour after the 7:30 scheduled start.

Those politicans don't know when to shut up.

Well eventhough TSN isn't showing the Habs game, at least CBC showed the cerimony for Ken Dryden. It took long enough, the game only ended up starting at about 8:45, over an hour after the 7:30 scheduled start.

Those politicans don't know when to shut up.

To be fair Ken himself was only up there for 10 minutes. They just happened to have everyone who had ever seen him talk up there (or at least thats what it seemed like).

1zqy8ok.gif

Who cares about the ratings.

I watched.

Any other hockey fan that wanted to bad enough could have watched.

I fail to see a problem.

Not like it's a huge game or anything. Infact, it's probably the game you LEAST want the casual fans to watch. It means nothing so the players play like crap - not a good introduction of the sport to potential fans.

It is kind of sad that it got better ratings than the playoffs did though. Proof that hockey fans only care about their own teams.

It is kind of sad that it got better ratings than the playoffs did though. Proof that hockey fans only care about their own teams.

I'd just like my team on American TV outside of the playoffs for once... <_<

11.9 isn't bad, probably the lowest rated series, but dude the All Star Game got 0.7 I can't even begin to tell you how bad that is.

So I'm guessing you and hockey have a pretty bad history together <_<

Archived