Help me decide

rainmaker17

To me, the trump card is the city of Chicago.

It's just hard for me to root for any Chicago team because of that. Chicago, like New York, tries to push its culture on other folks. The people in Chicago are very snobbish about anything outside of the Windy City. They're snobbish about food -- they make a big deal about it and think it's a great sin if you put ketchup on hot dogs, when the rest of the world knows they're just hot dogs, for crying out loud, not filet mignon. And they're extremely snobbish about their sports teams.

Indianapolis, on the other hand, appears to be a better representative middle America -- not presumptuous, not trying to force itself on the rest of America, a place where a guy could get a hot dog with WHATEVER HE WANTS on it.

Now, to be honest, if I had a choice of picking which city I'd rather visit, it would be Chicago. But if I picked a city that I think represent me better, by far it's Indy.

I have never heard any of the things you talk about...and I live in Indiana.

WHAT?? Falcon-lovin', Saint-hatin' Cyclopsis Joe doesn't even live in GEORGIA??

Oh wait, Saint-lovin', Falcon-hatin' me DOES live in Georgia. OK, we're even. :P

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jacksonville Jaguars, St. Louis Rams, Denver Broncos. All blander than the Colts. I enjoy watching Manning play. However, on Sunday night, I will enjoy watching Manning get his ass kicked. Sorry, Peyton, but you know how it goes.

I'm still waiting to hear which NFC team is superior to the Bears, PISTONSTHENEXTDYNASTY. I mean, if you made this claim at the end of the regular season, maybe I'd at least entertain your claim but still call you a dope, but I'm pretty sure that by the Super Bowl, it's hard to dispute these things.

I wasn't ignoring you, this is the first time I have read this topic since I posted. I don't think it was necessary to spend five posts trying to start something with me, though. Anyways, the bears have earned their spot in the Super Bowl. I think the saints would have had a better chance to beat the colts, though. That obviously doesn't matter since the bears blew them out. The bears have a great defense, but they have relied on it way too much IMO. Rex Grossman hasn't had to do much to win games, but I think he will have to do a lot if the bears are going to win the Super Bowl. I don't think Rex Grossman is as bad as people act like he is though. It will just take a lot more from him to win this game than it did all season, because the bears defense, as good as it is, will have trouble with the colts offense. As a lions fan, I can never say the bears are the best team in the NFC. I just think the saints are more balanced and would have had a better chance against the colts.

MegatronSig2.jpg

The Saints were not a better team than the Bears, no, sorry.

Dude, your team is in the mother:censored:ing Super Bowl. So, can you please get your panties out of a bunch and just enjoy the fact that your team is in the mother:censored:ing Super Bowl. And if they win, then come up here and go all BgMack27 on us...go crazy...set fires and :censored:, if need be.

Who cares if anyone thinks there are better or more balanced teams? Da Bears are in the Bowl, right? No other NFC team is, right?

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

As a die hard Bear fan let me give you just a couple reasons:

1. Its more fun rooting for the underdog team. I decided to root for the Giants in 1990, and it increased my enjoyment of that game quite a bit. Same with rooting for the Broncos in '97.

2. Stephen Colbert will get weeks of great material from a World Champion team of BEARS.

Dude, your team is in the mother:censored:ing Super Bowl. So, can you please get your panties out of a bunch and just enjoy the fact that your team is in the mother:censored:ing Super Bowl. And if they win, then come up here and go all BgMack27 on us...go crazy...set fires and :censored:, if need be.

Who cares if anyone thinks there are better or more balanced teams? Da Bears are in the Bowl, right? No other NFC team is, right?

I'm sorry, what was the acceptable response to "a 6-loss team with a weak offense had a better chance to beat the Colts than a 3-loss team with a strong defense?"

I think Bears fans need some slack to be hyperdefensive when ESPN declares our quarterback to be "the worst Super Bowl quarterback of all time" before he's even played.

I'm sorry, what was the acceptable response to "a 6-loss team with a weak offense had a better chance to beat the Colts than a 3-loss team with a strong defense?"

I think Bears fans need some slack to be hyperdefensive when ESPN declares our quarterback to be "the worst Super Bowl quarterback of all time" before he's even played.

Scoreboard.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

To me, the trump card is the city of Chicago.

It's just hard for me to root for any Chicago team because of that. Chicago, like New York, tries to push its culture on other folks. The people in Chicago are very snobbish about anything outside of the Windy City. They're snobbish about food -- they make a big deal about it and think it's a great sin if you put ketchup on hot dogs, when the rest of the world knows they're just hot dogs, for crying out loud, not filet mignon. And they're extremely snobbish about their sports teams.

Indianapolis, on the other hand, appears to be a better representative middle America -- not presumptuous, not trying to force itself on the rest of America, a place where a guy could get a hot dog with WHATEVER HE WANTS on it.

Now, to be honest, if I had a choice of picking which city I'd rather visit, it would be Chicago. But if I picked a city that I think represent me better, by far it's Indy.

I have never heard any of the things you talk about...and I live in Indiana.

WHAT?? Falcon-lovin', Saint-hatin' Cyclopsis Joe doesn't even live in GEORGIA??

Oh wait, Saint-lovin', Falcon-hatin' me DOES live in Georgia. OK, we're even. :P

I live in Indiana the same way that POW's in World War 2 "lived" in Japan. <_<

(Born 'n raised in Norcross, though)

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

But...you can't begin to imagine how old I feel watching Archie's 2 grown sons play in the NFL.

Tell me about it. I remember watching the Lombardi Packers on TV at my Grandparent's house. I watched Super Bowl IV and rooted for the Chiefs because The Vikings had beaten The Browns 27-7 in The NFL championship game to get there. That Browns loss was the first of many heartbreakers.... :D

BB52Big.jpg

Archived