Kansas City Royals Rebrand

ltravisjr

I was going to enter this in the Sketch-a-thon but didn't have near the time to complete it. Well, correction - I didn't have nearly the talent to complete it in a reasonable time frame. Anyway, this is it. I went for simplicity and cleanness this time around. I guess my vision on the logo was alright because I later found out the crown over the ball motif was what the old Kansas City Monarchs negro team used. In that vain, I created a couple alternate jerseys with colored sleeves and piping somewhat similar to what the old Monarchs would wear. Hope you enjoy.

LT

royuni2.png

Thank you 33hooligan, I am glad you like it!

Looks nice. One thing I'd like to see is that "royals" font thinned out a little. It's awful clunky and tends to look a little muddy.

Thanks, gstreet. I will take that into consideration and see if I what I can do with it. That font was hand drawn from scratch and it is a bit of a challenge to make that gothic stuff legible from a distance but not "clunky" as you mention.

LT

Oh, while I am at it I might as well give you folks a bonus. I came up with this little lion guy as well but couldn't find a way to integrate it into the concept without it looking like an afterthought. If anyone has any ideas for it I would love to hear them. It would be a shame to waste the effort...

LT

lion2.png

I love the Monarch-style logo...I'll chalk this one up as yet another logo set I wish I'd come up with :D heh, I'd buy the homes off ya, gold bill and all.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Not bad , I think it needs a little more detail in the nose area and maybe raise the crown up a little more so as to see the base of the crown.

Wow, thanks for catching that. I had the nose in there but it got lost under a layer and forgotten. Here we go.

lion3.png

Archived