2 Gonzaga Ballers Arrested

LMU

CHENEY, Wash. - Josh Heytvelt and Theo Davis, basketball players for Gonzaga University, were still in jail as of Saturday morning. The pair was arrested Friday night in Cheney on drug charges.

The Cheney Police Department said they pulled over a gold 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer at 1 st Street and Simpson Parkway around midnight Friday. Officers said the SUV had a defective taillight. Heytvelt was behind the wheel. The Cheney Police Department has not revealed who owned the vehicle, nor have they released the license plate number.

As the traffic stop progressed, police said they smelled marijuana in the vehicle. Upon further investigation, officers found marijuana as well as hallucinogenic mushrooms. The amount of marijuana justified a misdemeanor count, while possession of mushrooms is a felony.

A judge is set to review the probable cause information sometime today, at 3 p.m. at the earliest. At that time, the judge will decide whether to release Heytvelt and Davis, release one or the other on bail, or keep them both in jail.

Repeated calls into staff members at Gonzaga University went unreturned on Saturday morning. Neither coach Mark Few or administrators had made a statement as of 10:30 a.m.

Heytvelt and Davis were set to play in tonight's game against St. Mary's at the McCarthey Athletic Center at 5 p.m. Whether they will play or not has not been announced. The game will be seen live on KHQ.

VmWIn6B.png

CHENEY, Wash. - Josh Heytvelt and Theo Davis, basketball players for Gonzaga University, were still in jail as of Saturday morning. The pair was arrested Friday night in Cheney on drug charges.

The Cheney Police Department said they pulled over a gold 2006 Chevrolet Trailblazer at 1 st Street and Simpson Parkway around midnight Friday. Officers said the SUV had a defective taillight. Heytvelt was behind the wheel. The Cheney Police Department has not revealed who owned the vehicle, nor have they released the license plate number.

As the traffic stop progressed, police said they smelled marijuana in the vehicle. Upon further investigation, officers found marijuana as well as hallucinogenic mushrooms. The amount of marijuana justified a misdemeanor count, while possession of mushrooms is a felony.

A judge is set to review the probable cause information sometime today, at 3 p.m. at the earliest. At that time, the judge will decide whether to release Heytvelt and Davis, release one or the other on bail, or keep them both in jail.

Repeated calls into staff members at Gonzaga University went unreturned on Saturday morning. Neither coach Mark Few or administrators had made a statement as of 10:30 a.m.

Heytvelt and Davis were set to play in tonight's game against St. Mary's at the McCarthey Athletic Center at 5 p.m. Whether they will play or not has not been announced. The game will be seen live on KHQ.

And with that, Gonzaga's transition to "major basketball program" is complete. :rolleyes:<_<

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

This is one of those situations that kinda has a person torn.

One side of me is laughing my ass off. Trust me, as an avid hater of Gon-fag-a (and huge U-Dub fan), I can't help but laugh at their misfortunes. After all of those years, reality comes crashing for them.

The other side has me worried because any time you see anyone with drugs, espcially shrooms, is rather scary.

And with that, Gonzaga's transition to "major basketball program" is complete. :rolleyes:<_<

... yes once you're on KHQ, Spokane, you're in the big time :P

I saw, I came, I left.

The Gonzaga kids actually progressed further into mushroom madness than many experts predicted, which is good, because I have them going pretty far every year.

So THAT'S how Heytvelt shut down Tyler Hansbrough earlier this year! :therock: Veddy interesting...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

So THAT'S how Heytvelt shut down Tyler Hansbrough earlier this year! :therock: Veddy interesting...

Your right. Weed, the new steroid.

I was thinking the 'shrooms gave him sight beyond sight. Like Lion-O from Thundercats. Weed shuts things down in other ways, Psycho T likely NOT being one of them.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

One side of me is laughing my ass off. Trust me, as an avid hater of Gon-fag-a (and huge U-Dub fan), I can't help but laugh at their misfortunes. After all of those years, reality comes crashing for them.

The other side has me worried because any time you see anyone with drugs, espcially shrooms, is rather scary.

considering this happened in Spokane, I'm honestly surprised it wasn't anything more - like meth, the only trend Spokane was in on before the rest of the Northwest and nation for that matter.

how's your season going, Husky fan? feel good to see Wazzu up at the top (shock as it is)? yeah, try and gloat about beating us at home, but wait until they get to Mac and Brooks plays. welcome to the basement in both sports, Fuskies :P

harperdc.gif

Dude, seriously. Not cool. Even if you "hate" them.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

considering this happened in Spokane, I'm honestly surprised it wasn't anything more - like meth, the only trend Spokane was in on before the rest of the Northwest and nation for that matter.

how's your season going, Husky fan? feel good to see Wazzu up at the top (shock as it is)? yeah, try and gloat about beating us at home, but wait until they get to Mac and Brooks plays. welcome to the basement in both sports, Fuskies :P

You and I know the only reason U-Dub is stinking it up in Pac-10 play is because the conference is so strong overall. Wazzu, Oregon, UCLA, Cal, Stanford, and USC are all good schools that could give anyone in the nation a hard time. It wouldn't shock me if U-Dub landed an NIT bid.

As for what gregjigga said: You're right. It's not cool but I don't mince words when it comes to rivals.

As for what gregjigga said: You're right. It's not cool but I don't mince words when it comes to rivals.

Apparently, you don't. You also don't choose your words thoughtfully, or well. That still doesn't defend or explain or make palatable your decision to publicly insert a slur into the middle of your rival's name. Trust me, you're not going to hurt a university's feelings by mocking it with hateful speech. It's only going to make you look foolish and hateful. You're only calling them a rival because they started kicking your ass on an annual basis; losing 7 of the last 8 to the small Catholic school at the other end of the state must stick in your craw. Like having your little brother beat you up and steal your lunch money. Still, they only have a few varsity sports, and chances are most UW fans couldn't have told you where Gonzaga was before they rose to prominence in hoops and had the audacity to make the big state school in the big city their b-yotch. Doesn't mean you resort to hate speech; it also doesn't "un-lose" all those games.

One to grow on...

2007nleastchamps.png

Well, this is just another example of me putting my foot in my mouth. Ain't the first time it's happened and it probably won't be the last time.

As for the rivalry: You have a good point. As a fan, you always know which team is that 'one' rival The one rival that if your team loses to them, it'll stick in you caw for weeks and even months. As a Washington fan, that team is Wazzu. Gonzaga (and to an even lesser degree, Eastern Washington) falls into that catagory of teams that don't bother the fanbase unless, like you said, they start kicking your ass.

Now, is what I said about them right? No. Not by any means. Am I regretting those comments? A little bit, because even if they do choose to cheer for someone, they are people too.

If it's any consolation, I didn't view "Gon-fag-a" as a capital offense. Ill-advised, but not a capital offense. As far as homophobic insults for teams go, this one time that someone referred to Drum Corps International's Madison Scouts as the Masculine Doubts still makes me chuckle. And I like the Scouts.

If it's any consolation, I didn't view "Gon-fag-a" as a capital offense. Ill-advised, but not a capital offense. As far as homophobic insults for teams go, this one time that someone referred to Drum Corps International's Madison Scouts as the Masculine Doubts still makes me chuckle. And I like the Scouts.

I'd say it's a little worse than Masculine Doubts. Although it's nice to see another DCI fan on here... and I'm going to use that phrase tomorrow...

Put Your Hands up For Detroit (our lovely city)

Well, things have gotten worse for the Zags, as they experienced their first loss in the new arena.

SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) -- Scott Dougherty scored 23 points to help Santa Clara beat Gonzaga 84-73 on Monday night and end the nation's longest home winning streak at 50 games.

Gonzaga played its second game without star forward Josh Heytvelt, who was arrested last weekend for investigation of drug possession and suspended from the team.

Santa Clara (19-7, 9-2 West Coast Conference) broke a tie with Gonzaga for first place in the WCC and broke a 13-game losing streak to the Zags.

It was the first loss for Gonzaga (18-9, 8-3) in 39 outings in the 3-year-old McCarthey Athletic Center. The Zags had also won their final 12 games in the old Martin Centre.

Gonzaga won an emotional game Saturday against Saint Mary's without Heytvelt, its leading rebounder and second-leading scorer, but could not pull off another win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Gonzaga fell behind 13-0 Monday night and never made up the deficit as the Zags shot poorly from the floor and the free throw line. Santa Clara, on the other hand, shot 53 percent from the field and made 25-of-29 at the line.

Gonzaga's last home loss was Feb. 19, 2003, versus Portland.

Brody Angley, who finished with 18 points, hit a 3-pointer to give the Broncos a 60-40 lead with 11:29 left. It was the biggest deficit Gonzaga had faced at home since the streak began.

But the Bulldogs went on a 13-2 run, with Derek Raivio's 3-pointer cutting the Broncos' lead to 62-53. Raivio finished with 21 points.

He hit four consecutive free throws to cut the deficit to 64-57 with 6:43 left.

After Danny Pariseau hit a 3-pointer to extend the lead to 10, Raivio hit four more free throws to cut the lead to six points. He had 15 points in a 5-minute span.

The teams traded baskets, with Pariseau's 3-pointer giving the Broncos a 74-65 lead with 3:23 left.

Dougherty's 3-pointer with just over two minutes left made it 77-67 for the Broncos and the Zags could not make up the deficit.

In the first half, Santa Clara jumped to a 13-0 lead. Jeremy Pargo, who finished with 20 points, hit a pair of 3's during an 8-0 Gonzaga run to cut Santa Clara's lead to 17-11.

The Broncos held a 42-29 halftime advantage, after shooting 56 percent in the half.

VmWIn6B.png

Archived