PHX Coyotes Alt Logo

mantleisthebest7

As all of you know, I am a huge Coyotes fan. I love thier current logo (it's my avatar for petes sake!), but I also love thier older logo with the full bodied Coyote playing hockey. So, for an alternate, I recolored thier old one and touched it up on MS Paint to make it look like it was wearing thier current uniform (the moon is still there, I felt that putting thier current logo on the chest would look somewhat akward...)

Here goes nothin......

(C&C much apppreciated!)l_621bfaadc4ce2e21698ac93a59dcf39a.gif

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

I never liked that logo but you did a good job at it. Recoloring is not as easy as it sounds lol. It is still pretty easy but you need to get the colors in the right place and whatnot. Technically it is a concept...cause its not the same as the origanal but its kind of not because you didn't make it.

Cat Eyes - Josh B)

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

*sigh* Mr. Creamer, we really need a "Recolorings" forum for these boards.

I didnt only recolor it, I added the current stripes on the sleeves to make it look like thier current uniform. So, I think this is more of a concept than a recolor....

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

that change is so slight from the original (which had sleeve stripes anyway - all you did was add an extra one) that it still should not receive concept status. it only deserves true concept status if its either branching off of a design but truly has original material therein, or if its a completely original design.

OD_Signature.jpg

that change is so slight from the original (which had sleeve stripes anyway - all you did was add an extra one) that it still should not receive concept status. it only deserves true concept status if its either branching off of a design but truly has original material therein, or if its a completely original design.

I never said this was an original. I have no Idea where you got that. I am a HUGE Coyotes fan...I know what they used to have, I aint stupid. I only meant this to be an alternate, not a logo set in stone as a primary logo. I changed alot of colors on here to thier current colors (gone are the purples, greens, and in are the red, sand and black....) and as cat eyes said, It wasnt easy. So don't make it sound like something lazy. I worked pretty dang hard on it (There were so many pixel squares I had to pin point them to fill them.)

I never said this was an original. I have no Idea where you got that. I am a HUGE Coyotes fan...I know what they used to have, I aint stupid. I only meant this to be an alternate, not a logo set in stone as a primary logo. I changed alot of colors on here to thier current colors (gone are the purples, greens, and in are the red, sand and black....) and as cat eyes said, It wasnt easy. So don't make it sound like something lazy. I worked pretty dang hard on it (There were so many pixel squares I had to pin point them to fill them.)

Do you want me to add thier PHX logo? Would that make you happy gordie? Seriously I dont know what more I could do to meet your standards for concepts.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

1.) If you cant take C&C then you shouldn't post your work. I don't mean to sound cruel but don't attack fellow members for giving you their opinion, which you asked for in the first place.

2.) Gordie was saying it's simply a recoloring, not an original concept, which is what this board is for.

Take it easy, have fun.

Then where, may I ask, is he supposed to post it? There's no other forum that I can find for such a post.

I mean honestly, who gives a crap if it's a recolor or not? The internet isn't going to crash because he posted a recoloring which may not be a true concept.

Is it really that much of a nuisance that this post bumps one "real concept" off the first page?

[ncognito' date=Thursday, February 15th, 2007 - 01:28:19' post='699109]

Then where, may I ask, is he supposed to post it? There's no other forum that I can find for such a post.

I mean honestly, who gives a crap if it's a recolor or not? The internet isn't going to crash because he posted a recoloring which may not be a true concept.

Is it really that much of a nuisance that this post bumps one "real concept" off the first page?

In this case I'd say no, it's not a nuisance because it's a decently done, semi-original piece. BUT, in the past there have been numerous examples of "concepts" (aka recolors) that are just a waste of time and space and are shoving some extremely good concepts down.

[ncognito' date=Thursday, February 15th, 2007 - 01:28:19' post='699109]

You'd be surprised. More than half of the posts in this topic are from people who give a crap if it's a recolor or not. <_<

It's called concepts for a reason

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

Archived