Dolphins To Change Uniform Slightly

Fyrwulf

Hmmm... I never thought their numbers were indistinguishable. I rather liked the font + shadow.

There are teams with far worse legibility issues.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Oh, I do think that the blue made the numbers less legible, especially on the white jersey.

10202328.jpg

This is a step in the right direction.

Interesting -

''The Dolphins logo is not being changed,'' (Club representative Harvey) Greene said. "I know there are rumors out there, but they are not true.''

Aside from the fact that I hate the drop shadows (Dolphins/Niners), the blue drop shadow on the green jerseys is too slight in contrast to make it worth anything anyways. I don't mind a touch of navy in their color scheme (I love it in the logo), but I also don't think it should be forced in if it doesn't need it. I don't mind it if it is used as a minor accent, similar to how Detroit uses the little bit of black on their pants/jerseys.

OK, I'll concede that it could be an issue on the white jerseys. The ones pictured in the article where the aqua ones though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The two best things about the article:

-The poster child for the Dolphins' uniform is evidently their third-string QB.

-"A tackle by Jeff Zgonina sometimes looks as if it was made by Matt Roth, and vice versa"... wait, why would they be indistinguishable? Is it because all white guys look alike?

Oh yeah, and the fact that drop shadows are being phased out... maybe the Niners will get the hint.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It says there is a possible uniform revamp coming up. I hope they do a complete overhaul. The current set has run its course. Please get rid of the navy!

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

OK, I'll concede that it could be an issue on the white jerseys. The ones pictured in the article where the aqua ones though.

True, but since the Dolphins wear the white jersey in the majority of their games, I think how it impacts the white jersey is much more important (despite the choices of the paper's art editor).

If the Dolphins used a more standard block font with bigger counters (holes), legibility wouldn't be an issue.

I think it still might be an issue, especially on the shoulders.

Compare these wordmarks:

pMLB2-3420629reg.jpgpMLB2-3139203reg.jpg

One jumps off the jersey, and one is made muddier and harder to read by a black dropshadow.

They could do something similiar to the 80s / early 90s Lakers (and possibly Heat) and apply the shadow only to the outside of the numbers, not the "counters."

Actually, I always thought that the shadowed Lakers numbers would look pretty sweet on an NFL jersey, but that's a different topic.

I like this news...I do like the Navy trim (although I always thought a medium-to-dark Gray would be a better accent color for a team called the Dolphins), but the amount used in the drop-shadow was disproportionate to the amount in the rest of the uniform.

Thinning it out makes more sense to me.

Here's an example:

a_gadsden_i.jpg

I tried to find a good Marty Booker photo but I'll have to settle with Oronde Gadsden (which isn't so bad b/c this photo is of one of the best catches I've ever seen). Since this photo is smaller it gives the illusion that he's further away from you, and you can see that you could mistake his number to be #88 instead of #86. Here's Matt Roth:

img9120919.jpg

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

True, but since the Dolphins wear the white jersey in the majority of their games, I think how it impacts the white jersey is much more important (despite the choices of the paper's art editor).

Hopefully the new head coach won't be so anal about the teams uniforms. The all white look for 14 of the 16 games last year was drab and boring (kinda like the Dolphins offense).

Hopefully we see the aqua jerseys a few more times and hopefully the aqua pants are brought back now that The Nicktator is gone to Tuscaloosa.

Hopefully the new head coach won't be so anal about the teams uniforms. The all white look for 14 of the 16 games last year was drab and boring (kinda like the Dolphins offense).

Hopefully we see the aqua jerseys a few more times and hopefully the aqua pants are brought back now that The Nicktator is gone to Tuscaloosa.

The Dolphins will never wear an aqua jersey at home for a day game. The white jersey gives them an advantage in the September and October heat of South Florida, especially if you force your opponent to have to wear a dark jersey. Aesthetics have nothing to do with their choice of white at home during day games.

Plus, the aqua pants were one of the worst creations in the history of man. It made the players look like my three year old son wearing pajamas! White/White is much more classy (especially since the 'Fins wear white helmets).

Archived