grocery store campaign

fiasco!

i've been working on ideas for a campaign for our digital billboard for a regional grocery chain, Bi-Lo, to show that people can, not only grocery shop there, but that you can get a prepared meal there (on the go).

the ads would be scheduled to run during the times listed on the graphic.

what do you guys think?

BiLoCampaign.jpg

What about using the stop light colors? The first thing I thought of with the circles was a stoplight.

You could use green for breakfast (A pickme up that makes you go during the day)

Yellow for Lunch (The midday slowdown for lunch)

And red for Dinner (The "Oh :censored: we need something for Dinner, Stop here now!" thing)

Just an idea to throw around.

I like them a lot.

What about using the stop light colors? The first thing I thought of with the circles was a stoplight.

You could use green for breakfast (A pickme up that makes you go during the day)

Yellow for Lunch (The midday slowdown for lunch)

And red for Dinner (The "Oh :censored: we need something for Dinner, Stop here now!" thing)

Just an idea to throw around.

I like them a lot.

that's a great idea....i'll try that out in my next round of revisions.

thanks, man

Overall good looking billboard. It's simple, and to the point, just how it should be. Mings' idea's great...I wouldn't have thought of that. The only problem I see with that is the yellow. I'm not sure the white would show up well, considering the cars are in motion, and depending where it is, they could be going very fast.

I really like the illustrations, although a few very minor nitpicks/thoughts:

- The steam on the soup...should it be the same as the steam from the coffee?

- The turkey doesn't seem to fit in with the rest of them...I think it's the angularity(?) of the wing and the lack of detail as opposed to the sprinkles, sesame seeds etc.

- Possibly try a more realistic approach to the saucer under the coffee, rather than just a rule. Either that, or maybe just lose the saucer all together. I mean, since the soup doesn't have one, does the coffee need one?

Just my thoughts...nice looking stuff.

Thank you for sharing. I think the intent is there, however the creative does not fit our brand and I am concerned how that might be represented.

whatever the hell that means

our sales guy never told me that this would have to go through the client's agency, so i spent waaaayyyy too much time brainstorming, concepting and fulfilling an art request that will never see the light of day.

personally, i think the agency felt threatened that someone came up with something cooler than the normal garbage you see for a grocery store. i would not be a bit surprised if they try a similar idea to this.

Good points, and nice feedback gentlemen.

Stupid agency.

They are right, it doesnt "fit within the brand" in that Bi-Low is a crap brand with crap ads due to a crap agency.

Design would be far more rewarding if it wasn't for the gd clients and their stupid agencies.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Where is the unattainable hot mom and adorable, happy children?

You know, the people that you see in the grocery store ads, but never in the stores themselves?

Fools, Joel. Fools and pissants.

Your advertisements make me want to get a bottle of wine and a chicken for the ride home from work on Monday.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

You know, those designs you have there Joel, I liked them when I first saw them... then after awhile I imagened them billboard sized, and If these wouldnt grab someone's attention I dont know what would. There is something powerful in simplicity both in logo/pic and color. These would be brilliant on a billboard. BiLo is nuts.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Once it's posted on the internet, no one can steal it for themselves.

I really need the SA :eng101: emoticon here. Creamer, steal us some smileys from SA, wouldja?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

How can you compete with genius designs like...

large200915.jpg

good lord.

What a healthy meal that would be for your family of 6 --

Frozen pizza and garlic knots, washed down by Cokes, followed by ice cream.

Sounds pretty tempting actually, but not the ideal meal for growing children.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Yeah, my kid bounces off the walls as it is. If I fed him pizza, garlic knots, coke and then ice cream my whole house would probably come down.

It's healthy! They have a 6-pack of Diet Coke in that ad. That makes it all better! :D

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived