Carolina Mascot Hit by a Car

NJTank

The student who wears the North Carolina mascot uniform was in critical condition Friday after being hit by a car while walking outside a hotel.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/bask...writethru.0171/

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Apparently, the person driving pulled over immediatly and called 911. His kid was in the car sleeping at the time. No drugs, no alcohol, and from what I've heard, no speeding.

Just a tragic event that happens everyday, unfortunatly.

Apparently, the person driving pulled over immediatly and called 911. His kid was in the car sleeping at the time. No drugs, no alcohol, and from what I've heard, no speeding.

Just a tragic event that happens everyday, unfortunatly.

Yeah I read all that, but how do you end up smokin' a guy on the shoulder in that situation?

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

• 6 months later...

Well, I know how we all hate bumping up old threads, but in this case I feel it's warranted. If you haven't seen it already, espn.com has a tremendous and moving piece about Jason Ray, and how from his tragic death, four others were given a new lease on life. Jason was an organ donor, and the story chronicles the intersection of his story with those of the other four men. It's a very well written article, and manages to be both a sad and uplifting story at the same time.

ESPN.com

And, if I could be an issue whore for a minute, if you could take a minute after reading to consider becoming a donor. I don't know how it works in every state, but at least for Illinois, it's so simple: just sign the back of your driver's license.

We now return to the Patriots cheating and The Lounge Presents: Lessons for the Lovelorn.

Well, I know how we all hate bumping up old threads, but in this case I feel it's warranted. If you haven't seen it already, espn.com has a tremendous and moving piece about Jason Ray, and how from his tragic death, four others were given a new lease on life. Jason was an organ donor, and the story chronicles the intersection of his story with those of the other four men. It's a very well written article, and manages to be both a sad and uplifting story at the same time.

ESPN.com

And, if I could be an issue whore for a minute, if you could take a minute after reading to consider becoming a donor. I don't know how it works in every state, but at least for Illinois, it's so simple: just sign the back of your driver's license.

We now return to the Patriots cheating and The Lounge Presents: Lessons for the Lovelorn.

The Dude speaks wisely. In South Carolina, you just check a box on your license application (if I remember correctly), then it is noted on the back of your license, as shown below:

donor.jpg

I also strongly urge everyone to at least think about doing it.

Well, I know how we all hate bumping up old threads, but in this case I feel it's warranted. If you haven't seen it already, espn.com has a tremendous and moving piece about Jason Ray, and how from his tragic death, four others were given a new lease on life.

Please pardon any perceived insensitivity--I don't mean to downplay the tragedy of what happened. But speaking of the espn.com piece; did nobody else find the front page image of Jason in costume among the clouds to be questionable, at least?

Well, I know how we all hate bumping up old threads, but in this case I feel it's warranted. If you haven't seen it already, espn.com has a tremendous and moving piece about Jason Ray, and how from his tragic death, four others were given a new lease on life.

Please pardon any perceived insensitivity--I don't mean to downplay the tragedy of what happened. But speaking of the espn.com piece; did nobody else find the front page image of Jason in costume among the clouds to be questionable, at least?

Yeah. I wasn't offended by it or anything, but I thought it was a weird choice.

Archived