United Soccer League Team Logo Concepts

creativelysain

p.s.: I think the Miami logo doesn`t need a redesgin...

Technically I agree with this, but have an idea on how to do a redesign on it, and like howe it's coming along. So I think it works well for a soccer badge/logo, but with the idea I have, I want to see how it comes out, that's why I'm doing it too.

The ones I don't think I'll do so far are:

Atlanta Silverbacks

Carolina RailHawks

Montreal Impact

Vacouver Whitecaps

I really like the look of the Portland Timbers, but want to try something on it too.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This one is more of a redesign, since there were absaolutely zero aspects that I liked from the original. I dtook the flaming soccer ball and created a flame for the centerpiece and built around it an chevron-type shield. I changed the name slighty from Western Mass. to the whole name Massachusetts. There is no mention of Pioneers anywhere on my redesign, since the original had no presence of a pioneer anywhere on it, so I dropped that.

This is one of my favorites because of it's simplicity, but any comments or criticisms are welcomed.

West-Mass-Pioneers-Concept1.png

p.s.: I think the Miami logo doesn`t need a redesgin...

I don't think it needs a complete overahaul by any means, but it does look dated as hell. It's hard to believe that badge is only a year old when it looks like it was designed when Miami Vice was out...

You can't be blamed for doing an overhaul here, absolutley nothing from that wordmark lends itself to an actual badge. The only thing I'd add is an "FC" or "SC" somewhere on the badge. I think there is an air of "incompleteness" to it, but I think a lot of it has to do with the fans in North America expecting a ball on all soccer logos.

Other than that, I like it. I give it an A-

This one is more of a redesign, since there were absaolutely zero aspects that I liked from the original. I dtook the flaming soccer ball and created a flame for the centerpiece and built around it an chevron-type shield. I changed the name slighty from Western Mass. to the whole name Massachusetts. There is no mention of Pioneers anywhere on my redesign, since the original had no presence of a pioneer anywhere on it, so I dropped that.

This is one of my favorites because of it's simplicity, but any comments or criticisms are welcomed.

I absolutely love that flame logo! No, seriously, love it. May I have your logos hand in marriage?

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

the ONLY thing that bother me with this logo is the really thin line in the top portion of the chevron...it's a little too faint...either ditch it or make it more pronounced, and this logo is gold - i especially like the way it looks on the black background

jldesigns404eo.png

If I can make a suggestion for the Rochester logo, maybe you can make the rhino charging head on. I don't know what it is, but it looks awkwardly unbalanced for some reason.

In any case, do make a new one for the Seattle Sounders, they need a proper crest instead of a word mark for their jerseys.

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

I tried to not do any "complete re-designs" but since the Miami FC badge wasn't terrible, I decided to try an idea I had while working on it, and now made this new identity.

It's pretty self explanatory, so not much introduction is needed.

MiamiFC-Concept1.png

I'm working on the Richmond Kickers currently, then probably the Seattle Sounders.

I like the simplicity of this one, but I'm not sure the seagull says "Miami" to me - it says more San Diego if that makes any sense whatsoever. Maybe try to work a palm tree in there? A cuban flag perhaps :P (if that's offensive to anyone, my apologies) - but seriously, I would really try and find something iconic of miami and add it to the badge.

OD_Signature.jpg

• 4 months later...

I thought with some time off I'd revive this project. With this one I did the Cleveland City Stars. I tried to take away from the amateurish look of the old, and give it an old world look with a non-traditional shield. I also got rid of the black, as I thought it was unecessary. I kept the original 2 stars, and added a third to represent a new generation of US Soccer & the rebranding of the team

Cleveland-City-Stars.gif

Thoughts...?

I'll try and get to that one soon Z3R0SYST3M, if anyone has a specific one they'd like to see done, just post it. Thanks for the comments, I actually was using the C as a double "C" for Cleveland City, but the crescent moon works with the theme well too then.

I'm working on an idea(don't know how it's gonna turn out though) for the Seattle Sounders and the Richmond Kickers currently.

I'll try and get to that one soon Z3R0SYST3M, if anyone has a specific one they'd like to see done, just post it. Thanks for the comments, I actually was using the C as a double "C" for Cleveland City, but the crescent moon works with the theme well too then.

I'm working on an idea(don't know how it's gonna turn out though) for the Seattle Sounders and the Richmond Kickers currently.

I look forward to seeing your Flames concept.

This one was more difficult. Initially, I wanted to use the circle shield, as in the original design, but decided against it and went with this one. I wanted the Rhino to look less cartoony, and tried to sharpen it up a bit. The colors are difficult to work with, being black, dark green, and yellow, so that was probably the most challenging aspect of this one.

I added something I rarely use, a gradient in the logo. I thought the straight black looked like too much, so I did this to soften it up. Again, being that this is just done for pleasure, I don't think it's a big deal to use the graident here. As with my others, I added the vertical stripes behind, since that is the home jersey worn by the Rhinos. I won't be doing this for all of them, it has just fit so far with the three I started off doing.

Rochester-Rhinos-Concept1.png

Next up, the ever difficult Western Mass. Pioneers...

I realize I'm months late with this comment, but this is really incredible. The Rhinos' current logo is terrible and you've managed to make something beautiful out of a ridiculous name. Very, very, very nice; definitely among the best redesigns I've ever seen on this board. I love it.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

I hadn't seen this before, and as you all know USL-1 is near and dear to my heart.

The Rochester is nice, though there are few things I'd change The ears were mentioned before, plus I'd think about getting rid of the gradient and dropping the two larger "R"s on either side of Rochester. Those look very out of place.

As for Miami, I think it's an interesting idea, but I agree with what was said before. It's a shame that before this season they took out what was the coolest part of their crest, the palm tree:

miami_fc%20logo%20big.jpg

Given that they're also a bi-(or even tri-)lingual club (English/Spanish/Portugese--they're owned by a Brazilian firm), leaving it as "FC" may be a better choice than spelling it out.

The update for Charleston is brilliant. Simply brilliant.

The Minnesota Thunder identity's always needed help, I'm interested to see what you could come up with. The "shield" they've added the last couple of years somehow makes it look worse, even if I generally like shields. Mind you, their current look is a hundred miles ahead of their old version.

I took a whack at creating a new shield a while back, based a bit on "Thor's hammer," but it doesn't seem quite right.

http://www.m9d.net/concepts/dark-clouds/thunder-shield.gif

That's potentially getting a new life as a supporters group logo, but I still have some serious work to go on it.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

This one was more difficult. Initially, I wanted to use the circle shield, as in the original design, but decided against it and went with this one. I wanted the Rhino to look less cartoony, and tried to sharpen it up a bit. The colors are difficult to work with, being black, dark green, and yellow, so that was probably the most challenging aspect of this one.

I added something I rarely use, a gradient in the logo. I thought the straight black looked like too much, so I did this to soften it up. Again, being that this is just done for pleasure, I don't think it's a big deal to use the graident here. As with my others, I added the vertical stripes behind, since that is the home jersey worn by the Rhinos. I won't be doing this for all of them, it has just fit so far with the three I started off doing.

Rochester-Rhinos-Concept1.png

Next up, the ever difficult Western Mass. Pioneers...

I realize I'm months late with this comment, but this is really incredible. The Rhinos' current logo is terrible and you've managed to make something beautiful out of a ridiculous name. Very, very, very nice; definitely among the best redesigns I've ever seen on this board. I love it.

I agree completely. Being a big Rhinos fan, born and raised in Rochester, I hate their logo right now. This one is much more modern and "mean" looking. The other one is sooo 90's.

You should consider doing some kits. The Rhinos changed their uniforms this year and they're absolutely atrocious (sp). Probably the ugliest soccer uniforms I've ever seen.

spacer.png

erikas | go birds | dribbble 

You should consider doing some kits. The Rhinos changed their uniforms this year and they're absolutely atrocious (sp). Probably the ugliest soccer uniforms I've ever seen.

Eh, not the ugliest, but yes, they are atrocious.

Rochester-Delicate527.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived