Hartnell-- cheap shot on Cheechoo

Lee.

Can't find a clip online yet, but Scott Hartnell of the Preds just delivered a knee-to-knee on Cheechoo, sending him out of the game. Hartnell got a 5-and-a-game.

Saw the hit, it was pretty dirty...not head-shot dirty by any stretch, but it was pretty bad.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

His leg was out a considerable bit. They should bring the hammer down on him, these are the kinds of plays that seriously affect the longevity of someone's career, and are just downright dirty to pull. Especially in the post season

If Cheech can't play anymore this series Hartnell should be suspended.

No offense, but the problem is that the NHL thinks that way too..

Hartnell should recieve punishment based on his act. The injury to Cheechoo shouldn't matter. Be consistant with punishing an act instead of always punishing the result.

I haven't seen the play, so I can't comment beyond that.

Hartnell led with the right knee on the side of Cheechoo's right knee. It buckled pretty badly. Hartnell also elbowed Cheechoo in the face which knocked out a tooth. The on ice penalty was warranted, and it's not a stretch to think that Campbell will add on to that.

ha1a.gif

ha2a.gif

What's with all these cheap-shotting Predators? First Tootoo, now Hartnell....

.....though I guess they're called the "Predators" for a reason....

Yet their poor uninformed fanbase thinks "it's just part of hockey" since that's what that ass-clown Crisp tells them on FSN south every night.

Yet their poor uninformed fanbase thinks "it's just part of hockey" since that's what that ass-clown Crisp tells them on FSN south every night.

As a part of that fanbase i repeat again,i haven't seen the Video replay so therefore i really can't say or judge anything about that.

He clearly propelled himself to his right to make contact while leading with his knee and elbow. But if you watched it on FSN South last night, the homer announcers claimed it was a shoulder on shoulder legal hit.

That'd be a clean hit if this was UFC.

They need some real announcers down their,raher than guys who couldn't get into football, or baseball boradcasting.

untitled-6.jpg

Archived