Mets in white hats

Waffles

The style of the cap (mesh-like material) leads me to believe they are batting practice caps, not game caps.

I was thinking the same thing...but doesn't the material look like the material from the old batting practice hats, not the FlexFit or whatever it's called they use in the newer batting practice hats?

Makes me wonder because the coaches are the only one wearing them...coaches batting practice caps coming soon?   ???

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The style of the cap (mesh-like material) leads me to believe they are batting practice caps, not game caps.

I was thinking the same thing...but doesn't the material look like the material from the old batting practice hats, not the FlexFit or whatever it's called they use in the newer batting practice hats?

Last year during the season, I went to a store to buy a new flexfit batting practice hat and the owner of the store said that they didn't carry them because the players didn't like the feel of them and in 2004 they would switch back to the old material.  I think he was lying because he wanted me to buy the old ones because he had a lot left that he wasn't going to sell, but maybe he wasn't lying at all. ???

Post 200!

ua_logo.jpg

The wore a white cap with a blue bill in 1997 with teh snow white unoforms, the uniforms taht dont have pinstripes at home.

I actaully have the hat.

They only wore it a few times becuase John OLerud look wierd wearning a white helmet at first base.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

I never heard about switching back to the old style of BP hats.  I know a lot of people who don't like the new ones, but I work in the M's Team Store, and we are still selling the "new" style as the current ones.  During Spring Training last year, the Rangers coaches wore the old red hats.  I don't think we ever found an answer why, though.
dbacks.gif mariners.gif

I can see where the players wouldn't like them, but i for one really like the hats, the crown of the cap dosn't stick up like the game caps do which makes it look less tall and more closely conforms to the wearers head. i have the cards one of course and also a braves. I thought the mets one looked good last year though (the orange one)

I like my women like i like my coffee, tied up in a burlap sack and thrown over the back of a donkey.

I can see where the players wouldn't like them, but i for one really like the hats, the crown of the cap dosn't stick up like the game caps do which makes it look less tall and more closely conforms to the wearers head. i have the cards one of course and also a braves. I thought the mets one looked good last year though (the orange one)

Actually, the Mets BP cap was blue last year. It seemed like a brighter blue than their normal color in person, but it might just have been the new material. It was blue with a black NY (kind of the reverse of their all-black cap). The jerseys, however, were that bright orange.

As a side note, a friend of mine really wanted to pick up one of those Cubs BP caps, but they were nowhere to be found in the places next door to Wrigley. (I say good riddance as long as they're they're abondoning the navy.)

Actually, the Mets BP cap was blue last year. It seemed like a brighter blue than their normal color in person, but it might just have been the new material. It was blue with a black NY (kind of the reverse of their all-black cap). The jerseys, however, were that bright orange.

As a side note, a friend of mine really wanted to pick up one of those Cubs BP caps, but they were nowhere to be found in the places next door to Wrigley. (I say good riddance as long as they're they're abondoning the navy.)

last time i checked the local Champs, they had versions where only the front panels were navy, the sides and back were red.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived