Houston Astros Redesign

WJMorris3

Since we have another sand, red, and brick team in the National League, I figured it was probably a good time to revert the Houston Astros to that color combination of navy and gold. It looked sharp on them in the mid to late 90s, so I thought it'd look good again now.

This is only a start to the look, they are by no means finished. So far I have a basic idea for the home...

houhome.png

...the road...

HOUroad.png

...and a Sunday home game alternate jersey.

HOUalt.png

Critiques and comments welcome!

LvZYtbZ.png

I like where you are starting from....it's as if you have the idea...you are just waiting to totally bust out with it...I can't wait to see where this is going...nice start!

willieMcGee_2.jpg

If you inherit Randy Johnson's facial genes, he owes you $97,000 at the very least.

There are too many orbits around the 'H' and the orbits around the 'A' and 's' are iffy. I'd get rid of the one around the 's.' If you can orbit the whole wordmark that'd be best. With regards to the alt, I was originally appalled, but the more I look at it, the more I can't look away.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

Aside from the totally outlandish alternate (though, gotta say, like the reference) this set is really plain. Add some sleeve caps or chest numbers or even piping on the jersey or pants.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

IMO those socks are gross, those hats are jumbled, and those alternate jerseys are just down right...no, no. the orbits on the wordmarks don't work for me either. The wordmarks should be in all capitals. i would use the old Star-H logo for the hat, just recolor it to gold and white. i would make the socks white with blue stirrups. And I would find a different font for the wordmarks. a sleeve logo or some piping might spice this up a little, plus I want a back view of the jerseys. this has potential.

The hat kind of looks like the Albuquerque (spelling?) Isotopes (AAA)

AlbIsotopes.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

I really like your direction, I too think they need to go back to the navy and gold-it suited them much better than the current look, I always thought. That alternate hurts my eyes a little bit, but keep goin on these. I'd knock the orbit circles down to one per jersey, maybe jazz up the type a little more. But a great start.

Archived