Either/Or

HedleyLamarr

I got this idea from a sports-talk radio station (and I'm not going to do a search on the board's history)....

It's simple...choose one and explain why (there's no wrong answer) you chose them, and finish your post with another comparison. If there's a comparison not directly above your post that you want to answer, go ahead and give your opinion, just remember to leave a new comparison.

Ice-breaker:

Which player, in their prime, would you take if you were an NBA GM: Magic Johnson or Michael Jordan?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Michael Jordan, his ability to win games by himself, his cold blooded shooting with the game on the line and his mean streak that made him more of a leader then Magic.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's simple...choose one and explain why (there's no wrong answer) you chose them, and finish your post with another comparison. If there's a comparison not directly above your post that you want to answer, go ahead and give your opinion, just remember to leave a new comparison.

Michael Jordan, his ability to win games by himself, his cold blooded shooting with the game on the line and his mean streak that made him more of a leader then Magic.

...And the game comes to a grinding halt. Apparently it's not as simple as Hedley thought.

...And the game comes to a grinding halt. Apparently it's not as simple as Hedley thought.

Ooops my mistake after my Magic vs Jordan compassion.

Lets go

Willie Mays vs Barry Bonds

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Don Mattingly, because his moustache held more displaced soda than Winfield's.

NASCAR or roller derby?

I pick NASCAR...

...I've finally found something dumber than NASCAR: Roller Derby

Who'd you rather have managing your team: Joe Torre or Willie Randolph?

I would take Coach K. His teams tend to be focused in each game, whereas Williams seemed to rely on his team's talents.

Which QB would you want to lead your team on a late 4th-quarter scoring drive in the Super Bowl: Joe Montana or Tom Brady?

Warren Moon... Steve Largent or Henry Ellard?

Henry Ellard.

I'm a homer.

MLB completely redrafts and your team has the first pick...Albert Pujols or Alex Rodriguez?

Obviously, you're also an idiot. :P

Alex Rodriguez.

1. We don't truly know how old Pujols actually is.

2. I like to be able to understand my superstars when they speak.

3. A-Rod's name has never been linked to HGH/Steroids.

4. His wife is hotter than Pujols' wife.

5. When the offensive numbers are fairly equal, I'll take the guy who is one of the best defensive players at either SS or 3B. 1B is supposed to be an offensive position, and while you can't get similar numbers to Pujols damn near anywhere, you can get a better bat to go at 1B to go with A-Rod than a 3B to go with Pujols...and please do not even mention Scott Rolen. I mean it. I don't want to hear it. I will virtually slap the taste out of your mouth.

6. Just because it's NOT what Justin would pick.

When it's all said and done, who will be the better player, Sidney Crosby or Alexandre Ovechkin? (What, brothers can't ask hockey questions?)

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

When it's all said and done, who will be the better player, Sidney Crosby or Alexandre Ovechkin? (What, brothers can't ask hockey questions?)

Crosby. The guy's a machine. He works hard, he isn't afraid to get physical, he goes to the "dirty" areas of the ice. I guess Ovechkin does a lot of the same stuff. Crosby's team is better too, so he's getting some excellent experience early on. He's going to be a great leader. I hate the guy, find him to be too whiney, and he KILLS the Rangers, but Crosby's going to be an all-time great when it's all said and done.

Alright....Henrik Lundqvist or Ryan Miller?

Henry Ellard.

I'm a homer.

MLB completely redrafts and your team has the first pick...Albert Pujols or Alex Rodriguez?

Alex Rodriguez.

5. When the offensive numbers are fairly equal, I'll take the guy who is one of the best defensive players at either SS or 3B. 1B is supposed to be an offensive position, and while you can't get similar numbers to Pujols damn near anywhere, you can get a better bat to go at 1B to go with A-Rod than a 3B to go with Pujols...and please do not even mention Scott Rolen. I mean it. I don't want to hear it. I will virtually slap the taste out of your mouth.

Half-credit for reasons 2 and 4. Full credit for reasons 5 and 6.

Rolen (if he can return to his career norms) and Pujols is a good 1b/3b combo, but I agree that if A-Rod is essentially Pujols equal, you can get a 1b who has better numbers than Rolen at 3b to make a better combo. And defensively, while Pujols is a GGer, like you said, 3b is a harder position to field (though here's where I gotta prop Rolen, heh).

1 is a crummy reason. Extensive background checks have been done on these players by now, and Pujols spent most of his life here in the US. Age is only brought up by people who really want to discredit him.

3 is also crummy. One completely poor and uncreditable connection to HGH shouldn't be held against a guy.

But you overall score 3 out of 6 points, and I like the idea of 50% being an A.

I'll take Ovechkin because he handles and uses the body a little better. It's close though. But Ovechkin.

To have a better winning percentage in 2007(-08)...St. Louis Cardinals or Arizona Cardinals?

Crosby. The guy's a machine. He works hard, he isn't afraid to get physical, he goes to the "dirty" areas of the ice. I guess Ovechkin does a lot of the same stuff. Crosby's team is better too, so he's getting some excellent experience early on. He's going to be a great leader. I hate the guy, find him to be too whiney, and he KILLS the Rangers, but Crosby's going to be an all-time great when it's all said and done.

Miller. I just think he'll keep it up more throughout his career.

Now, back to mine...

To have a better winning percentage in 2007(-08)...St. Louis Cardinals or Arizona Cardinals?

Henry Ellard.

I'm a homer.

Alex Rodriguez.

Half-credit for reasons 2 and 4. Full credit for reasons 5 and 6.

Rolen (if he can return to his career norms) and Pujols is a good 1b/3b combo, but I agree that if A-Rod is essentially Pujols equal, you can get a 1b who has better numbers than Rolen at 3b to make a better combo. And defensively, while Pujols is a GGer, like you said, 3b is a harder position to field (though here's where I gotta prop Rolen, heh).

1 is a crummy reason. Extensive background checks have been done on these players by now, and Pujols spent most of his life here in the US. Age is only brought up by people who really want to discredit him.

3 is also crummy. One completely poor and uncreditable connection to HGH shouldn't be held against a guy.

But you overall score 3 out of 6 points, and I like the idea of 50% being an A.

I'll take Ovechkin because he handles and uses the body a little better. It's close though. But Ovechkin.

Miller. I just think he'll keep it up more throughout his career.

Now, back to mine...

Is push an option? They will both be .500

Worse trade: Luongo to Vancouver or Thornton to San Jose?

Archived