Miners hockey concept

zig

I am trying to get into the CHL fantasy hockey league. My team is called the Miners and they are from Pennsylvania. I wanted dark colors to represent all the dirt, dust, etc. that were in mines. I played around with one of my old Jets concepts to get this one. C&C please

Home

minershome.png

Away

minersaway.png

Alt

minersalt.png

Looking good for the most part, ziggy. However, that Miners wordmark on the uniforms is too vertical. Make it going across the chest at a more horizontal angle and you have a winner.

-E.A.R.

I would also suggest putting more emphasis on the black than the brown. The predominant color in and around the mines was black, between the coal dust and the coal itself, so I would focus more on that. Otherwise, these look nice.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I find this whole concept extremely classy, I would suggest using a bit more black on the first two jerseys. I do like the brown colour scheme.

Overall I can't see it getting much better.

Fixed, for my point of view.

Prepare for a rant here, also:

As I much prefer the jerseys at the top with the browns, this prompts me to mention something that bugs me to death. C & C is something to take into serious consideration when it comes to ones concept, but it doesn't mean that one random persons advice is better than your initial idea. You have to compare the two in your mind, look at the pros and cons of each and decide with you prefer personally.

Too many on these boards jump to completely overhaul their concept off of one or two suggestions that often don't have much thought put into them (not that this is the case with this concept). Concept creators need more backbone! Yes, sometimes concepts should be tweaked or even overhauled to better personify the creators original idea, but more often than not people take other member's advice as gospel and throw their own down the drain.

/rant

I love the brown concepts, and would personally add a bit more black to them. I do not at all like the revised versions, and find them plain and un-unique.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

I find this whole concept extremely classy, I would suggest using a bit more black on the first two jerseys. I do like the brown colour scheme.

Overall I can't see it getting much better.

Fixed, for my point of view.

Prepare for a rant here, also:

As I much prefer the jerseys at the top with the browns, this prompts me to mention something that bugs me to death. C & C is something to take into serious consideration when it comes to ones concept, but it doesn't mean that one random persons advice is better than your initial idea. You have to compare the two in your mind, look at the pros and cons of each and decide with you prefer personally.

Too many on these boards jump to completely overhaul their concept off of one or two suggestions that often don't have much thought put into them (not that this is the case with this concept). Concept creators need more backbone! Yes, sometimes concepts should be tweaked or even overhauled to better personify the creators original idea, but more often than not people take other member's advice as gospel and throw their own down the drain.

/rant

I love the brown concepts, and would personally add a bit more black to them. I do not at all like the revised versions, and find them plain and un-unique.

Thanks for the support. I thought that brown would ultimately look weird in this color scheme. I added more brown at your suggestion and I think it looks pretty good. I wanted a Mystery Alaska sort of field with this concept and I think I got it. I can't decide which one I like better.

minersbrownrevised.png

minersbrownrevised2.png

its kinda meh, sorry.

so...how am I gonna break it to him that he has no chance of getting in the CHL.......

Oh well...

Do I really not have a chance or were you making a joke?

MinersLakers :D

lakershockeyhome.png

Archived