Redskins wearing throwback helmets this season?

Carter23

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I do like the yellow helmet, I hope they make one concession to modernisation and ditch the grey facemask. I hate grey facemasks on any team that doesn't use grey/silver in it's color scheme.

Yes, don't you think back when face masks became part of the uniform if teams had choice of colour they would have picked colours that match their uniform? But the didn't have colour choice, they were forced/stuck with grey. We have a variety of colours now, any colour you can imagine, I hate teams that "pretend" grey is the colour they always wanted!!! Lame Colts, Browns and any other team using grey with no grey anywhere else!!!

Agreed 100%. Anytime there is a post that makes this point, I make sure to chime in. My list of major teams (off the top of my head really quick) Colts, Browns, Cards, USC, UCLA, Notre Dame, and many more I'm sure.

I agree with your assessment on the Colts, Browns, UCLA, and USC. Their use of grey is unacceptable.

The Cards and ND, however, don't bother me as much.

The Colts, Browns, UCLA, and USC all went back to grey masks after switching to coloured masks. They took advantage of the technology that was available, and improved the looks of their respective teams. Then they went back to the grey masks, for no other reason then to look retro.

If a team wants to include a grey mask on a once or twice a year throwback for the sake of accuracy, that's fine. But don't abandon your coloured masks to return to a grey mask that adds nothing to the uniform.

The Cards and ND, however, I can live with. Those teams never made the switch to coloured masks, so their continued use of the grey masks doesn't seem as fake or intrusive as the Colts, Browns, UCLA, or USC's use of grey masks.

I don't argue your logic at all on the grey facemask thing. I'd throw in the Giants here (and ask Pantone and others for their opinions), because the Giants helmet is a throwback to when the facemask was grey - similar to if it had never changed in the first place.

It's where I sit.

I hate the Redskins.. but THIS, is perfection:

redskins_lg.jpg

Count me on the bandwagon for this one. Plus it gets rid of the ridiculous (and probably offensive) "Indian head" logo they are wearing now.

washingtonst.gif

My teams

NCAA: Washington State

MLB: Seattle Mariners

NFL: Seattle Seahawks

NBA: Portland Trailblazers

EPL: Liverpool FC

MLS: Seattle Sounders FC

NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

Could they just change to the Reds minus the "kins"and still use the R helmet, minus feathers, and use the same Red and yellow colors??

I think half of their fan base would be offended by that nickname.

I hate the Redskins.. but THIS, is perfection:

redskins_lg.jpg

Count me on the bandwagon for this one. Plus it gets rid of the ridiculous (and probably offensive) "Indian head" logo they are wearing now.

The same people who find the Indian head offensive will find a spear to be offensive. (And I think the "Indian head" looks better than, say, the Indians' logo.)

Packers-2.png

Problem with Redskins is not the name it is the logo.

Keep the Redskins nickname, just change logo to a red hog and put a profile of a red hog in the circle to replace the Indian head. This would take all Indian references out of the equation and make moot the argument about disparaging Native American Indians.

Some diehard male Redskins fans dress up like women wearing hog noses and call themselves the hogs so the changes proposed would fit.

If the Redskins desired they could change nickname to Red hogs.

Problem with Redskins is not the name it is the logo.

Keep the Redskins nickname, just change logo to a red hog and put a profile of a red hog in the circle to replace the Indian head. This would take all Indian references out of the equation and make moot the argument about disparaging Native American Indians.

Some diehard male Redskins fans dress up like women wearing hog noses and call themselves the hogs so the changes proposed would fit.

If the Redskins desired they could change nickname to Red hogs.

Not a bad idea! Or they could put a large red-skinned potato on their helmet, but that may offend vegetarians! :D

NorthernColFightingWhites4.GIF

Archived