Chargers Mini Camp

Shroinke

As you know, NFL teams have begun mini camp for the year.

This usually means un-detailed, plain practice uniforms and red-shirted QB's.

But on the Chargers uniforms, they've added the new bolt-on-stripe to the sleves.

32920_699w393h.jpg

It looks like those decals you'd put on your bike or toys when you were a kid to make them look cool.

Philip River's red jersey looks especially strange.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree...kinda weird looking with the bolts on the shoulders. I saw clips of Chargers mini-camp on SportsCenter, and they looked better on TV, for some reason.

Btw, how long before NFL teams start selling replica practice jerseys? I know the Cowboys are already light years ahead in this practice, but ya gotta wonder how far off a team like the Chargers, who have more intricately-designed practice jerseys, really are from selling these bad boys on the free market.

OK, this is the last time I'll rant about the "upside down" sleeve bolt. No, really. It just looks ridiculous. :cursing:

Speaking of Chargers practice jerseys, anybody seen the Lost Treasures of NFL Films episode showing Unitas with San Diego? They show film of a preseason game and the Chargers are wearing plain white jerseys with blue numbers - no other markings at all. Looked weird. Almost as weird as Unitas in something other than a Colts uni. :blink:

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

I agree...kinda weird looking with the bolts on the shoulders. I saw clips of Chargers mini-camp on SportsCenter, and they looked better on TV, for some reason.

Btw, how long before NFL teams start selling replica practice jerseys? I know the Cowboys are already light years ahead in this practice, but ya gotta wonder how far off a team like the Chargers, who have more intricately-designed practice jerseys, really are from selling these bad boys on the free market.

the saddest part is that people will bitch and moan about how evil the NFL is for doing it, even though the NHL has done it for as long as i can remember.

the saddest part is that people will bitch and moan about how evil the NFL is for doing it, even though the NHL has done it for as long as i can remember.

Cole, no bitching about it from me - just an observation. Hell, I'd pick up a replica Patriots practice jersey, even though they're pretty boring.

TJ-Camp6-KC.jpg

i knew YOU weren't bitching... i mean that i bet everyone else would.

on ebay, you can "sorta" get titans practice jerseys... solid red vince young jerseys, with the numbers outlined in columbia blue... with no contrasting shoulders... only problem is that they have the T-sword on the sleeves, and are missing the baptist patch.

if the ebay ones were more accurate, i'd buy a vince practice jersey, because i like red. :)

Cole, no bitching about it from me - just an observation. Hell, I'd pick up a replica Patriots practice jersey, even though they're pretty boring.

TJ-Camp6-KC.jpg

look at the socks that lineman is wearing

yankees-1.png

OK, this is the last time I'll rant about the "upside down" sleeve bolt. No, really. It just looks ridiculous. :cursing:

And I'll chime in again and say I think it looks fine and will look especially good when worn with pads. It's not so much upside down is it just follows the contour of the pad.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not talking about the position of the bolt on the jersey, though I liked 'em better over the shoulder rather than around the arm.

Look at the QB in the pic. The sleeve bolt is clearly "striking" towards the back of the jersey. On previous Charger jerseys, the bolt "met in the middle" with the front striking forwards and the back striking to the back (see pic below). If they're going to make it strike one way only, it should be towards the front.

32920_699w393h.jpg

tomlinson.jpg

And I'll chime in again and say I think it looks fine and will look especially good when worn with pads. It's not so much upside down is it just follows the contour of the pad.

I think you're missing my point. I'm not talking about the position of the bolt on the jersey, though I liked 'em better over the shoulder rather than around the arm.

Look at the QB in the pic. The sleeve bolt is clearly "striking" towards the back of the jersey. On previous Charger jerseys, the bolt "met in the middle" with the front striking forwards and the back striking to the back (see pic below). If they're going to make it strike one way only, it should be towards the front.

32920_699w393h.jpg

tomlinson.jpg

I agree. They look as if the jersey bolt is striking opposite of the one on the helmet. It would look better if they were going the same way.

I guess I just view it differently then you. To me the bolt doesn't strike either side more than the other. It will be a horizontal bolt as opposed to vertical, and it seems to strike pretty equally to me.

I see what you're saying, I just don't really read it that way, or at least it doesn't bother me that it's that way.

Not a clue, but probably not long now. I know the Fins just added names to the back of their jerseys, although they're otherwise still fairly plain (just aqua with white letters.)

cttdolphins2.png

I guess I just view it differently then you. To me the bolt doesn't strike either side more than the other. It will be a horizontal bolt as opposed to vertical, and it seems to strike pretty equally to me.

I see what you're saying, I just don't really read it that way, or at least it doesn't bother me that it's that way.

Fair enough. To me it's like an arrow, it has an obvious direction, but I understand what you're saying.

Archived