MLB Around the League

patsox

First up will be the Cleveland Indians:

CLE-1.png

I just tried to darken the red to distinguish them from all the other red/blue teams in the majors. I also simplified their scripts and the striping on their uniforms.

C+C would be appreciated as always.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are you using the "I" twice on the homes? First on the word mark, and then on the sleeves. A bit redundent. If that's not having a shoulder patch just to have a shoulder patch than I dunno what is. Like others have said, darken the roads. Personally though, I would've gone Roger Dorn and Jake Taylor with the Indians, damn I loved that look.

It's an alright idea, but nothing more-

A couple of my thoughts...

1- The away jersey looks white. At first glance, I thought it was.

2- I think the current 'Cleveland' script is great; What you have now on the road jersey might work well as a throwback or alternate, but not full time

3- If you're going to darken the red, then I would suggest you put a thin white outline on the home unis between the red and blue.

4- With the darker colors, Wahoo on the cap needs a white outline

5- Ditch the 'I' alternate logo. It works when used in context with the full script, but on its own, it looks like a 'J'

AU-USU-Scoreboard.gif

Have to agree with what's been said re: an outline on the cap, the color of the road uni, and the Cleveland script. I also think the nameplate font is too small and would be hard to make out.

I'll work on the nameplate. And Speedy, I have to ask, what is more redundant? An indian on the hat and sleeve, or an I on both the wdmark and the sleeve. Currently they have two indians. And lastly, I'll see what I can do, but the reason I made the red so light is because anything darker looked really pink. In the end, I'll probably end up making the road a dark red for the reason that in this project I'll be doing anything I can to avoid grey in non-traditional looking teams. Okay, I have to go to school now. I think I'm going to be late.

I agree that you don't have much of a choice, but the fact still remains that you have the same element on the same shirt more than once. It's different when you're dealing with sleeve and hat because it's two different articles of clothing. It's almost like having the numbers on the front of the shirt and on the sleeves.

And I'll refrain from making any smartass remarks about you and school.

philly.png

I'll work on the nameplate. And Speedy, I have to ask, what is more redundant? An indian on the hat and sleeve, or an I on both the wdmark and the sleeve. Currently they have two indians. And lastly, I'll see what I can do, but the reason I made the red so light is because anything darker looked really pink. In the end, I'll probably end up making the road a dark red for the reason that in this project I'll be doing anything I can to avoid grey in non-traditional looking teams. Okay, I have to go to school now. I think I'm going to be late.

No, no, no, no! For obvious reasons.....

al_1976_cleveland.gif

As for the redunency of the sleeve patch, there's really no need for having one. But if you insist on using one either use Chief Wahoo or remake Chief Wahoo ontop of a "C" like the Cleveland Native Americans had in the mid 50's.

The green seems off, just looks like the St. Patrick's uniforms they used to wear. Maybe it would grow on me in time, but at first glance, it looks like the regular uniforms only faded.

BTW, I love that template. Any chance I could get a copy?

Well, the uniforms are just Braden's templates from sportslogos.net. I just made the squares myself in MS Paint. The same goes for the rest of the project. The only thing I worked on outside of Paint was the resizing of the images. That was done in Microsoft Picture It! 10.

Sorry, but 0-2 with these revamps. Why start another one when your first one isn't done?

I think the White Sox package they use right now is near perfection, just use some actual WHITE socks and bam, one of the best sets in the league IMHO.

Honestly, you're not ready for this.

What speedy meant is that your Indians concept still reeks of incompleteness. Allowing for differences in style, your player name is too small, your road uniform is pink, and the logo blends into the background on both caps. Fix that stuff before moving on to the next concept. I'm even going to do something I never do, and praise you for doing what you're supposed to do - judging on the C&C you received on the Tribe set, you actually read what people took the time to write, and made some changes. Like I said, you shouldn't praise people for doing what is supposed to be done, but there are exceptions.

Now for the Sox. This Sox concept isn't a concept at all. You recolored the existing uniform, then placed the uniform numbers off-center as a bonus. Why green? They've used red, navy, black and silver as team colors at one point or another. Why green? For :censored: and giggles, or just being arbitrary? Two other teams in the league wear green, so you aren't breaking new ground. Let us know why so we can see where you're coming from.

Since you've gone on to your 2nd team, it would appear that your Indians concept is done, which is essentially a road jersey that spells out Cleveland in block letters instead of script. THAT'S the concept? Thus, 0-for-1. The Sox concept isn't even that much of a concept - it's a recolorization with the same lack of detail that plagued you in the past. Thus, 0-for-2. Speedy and I are scoring this one the same way, I'm afraid.

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

Archived