MLB Around the League

patsox

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woah! You switched the black caps for blue, same with the numbers!! I've never seen anyone make a concept for the Jays that did that before! You Patsox, are a god.

Oh, and stop Facebooking me you friggen weirdo.

Cleveland V2:

CLE2-1.png

Primary:CLE3.png

C+C Please...

I'll skip to the AL East with the Blue Jays, because as far as I am concerned the Twins, Royals, and Tigers are pretty much as close to perfection as possible for them. So with that here are the Toronto BLUE Jays.

TOR.png

TOR2.png

Coloured pants matching the top gives me a... umm.... pajama-feeling... :blink:

Wade-sig.png

Indians concepts V2.

kill the side panels and arm loops and brighten the red a bit and you have a concept i like. In fact, i wouldnt mind if you made some of the roads colored instead of grey. also for the giants, id like to see a 'Gigantes' alternate. lastly for the brewers, i want to see Ball-in-Glove somewhere on the concept.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Meh. Just meh.

1. All-red road uniform, all the time? Large men in red from head to toe is not a good look for the wearer or the viewer.

2. Major font incongruity here - a thin, modern font for the team wordmark, paired with a cap logo that hasn't changed since Cory Snyder was a prospect (1987 for those who weren't old enough to get that) that was based on a previous logo from the '40s (and is probably based on a cartoon image from even earlier than that, judging by how offensive many people find Chief Wahoo today and the relative levels of political correctness/ethnic prejudice existed in the past), paired with Franklin Gothic for player names and numbers? All together, it doesn't look like any 1 element belongs with the others.

3. There is still a lot of the sloppiness that has plagued so many of your concepts. Specifically:

HOME JERSEY, FRONT: variable thickness of the outline of the shirt under the arms [is it a stripe, or the hem of the shirt?]; 3rd button down is half-eliminated by the wordmark overlying it [would never happen on a real jersey]; seamlines running along the button placket mysteriously disappear toward the neck; flecks of red and navy along the borders of the sleeves.

HOME JERSEY, REAR: number off-center; player name too small; variability in the thickness of the seamlines [which are not design elements unto themselves, but there to add realism and delineate one part of the jersey from another]; gaps in the outline of the jersey.

Similar things can be said about the road set - there are bits of white all along the edges of the jersey; the rectangle on the back pocket is white when it should be red (again, those are seamlines); white button on the pants when every other button is navy.

I call all of these out so you notice them. One of my theories about your concepts has been that you honestly don't see the things that people have been pointing out to you time and again. As such, you "ignore" the criticism, which in turn frustrates people who see your work failing to improve and you continuing to make the same sloppy mistakes as you always did. The semi-exhaustive list above is the stuff people are talking about when they mean "sloppy" or "poorly executed". People go over concepts with a finetoothed comb, and there are professionals here who would give the same treatment to a colleague's work (or their own) as they would yours. This is what people mean; in your case, there's a good amount of people who have grudges against you that you're not going to get the benefit of the doubt on issues like presentation quality, so you owe it to yourself to go over every last detail. Basically, give your critics as little to call you on as possible. Personally, I've got no beef with you, but the lack of progress is both saddening and frustrating; those who feel more strongly about it are probably the ones flaming you and your work.

And you're not anywhere close to that yet - which gets back to my comment that you're not ready for an undertaking like this. You need to sharpen your eye for detail and for near-perfect presentation, even if it means going pixel-by-pixel on just 1 concept. I don't want to come off as a hardass, but you'd be better served slowing down and really sweating the details for a while. Just my 2 cents, you'll do what you will - but I know I've posted this sort of thing before for you, and I don't like repeating myself...

"Start spreading the news... They're leavin' today... Won't get to be a part of it... In old New York..."

2007nleastchamps.png

In order for the Mets' run of 12 losses in 17 games to mean something, the Phillies still had to win 13 of 17.

VitaminD, the funny thing is, that I actually saw most of those things. The only problem is that I didn't think they were huge enough flaws to detract from the presentation. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep working on it.

VitaminD, the funny thing is, that I actually saw most of those things. The only problem is that I didn't think they were huge enough flaws to detract from the presentation. Oh well, I guess I'll have to keep working on it.

That's exactly what everyone here is talking about. If you saw them before, why didn't you fix it right away?

Perfection my friend.

• 2 weeks later...

Up Next, The New York Yankees. I changed the away uniform slightly that's it. In addition I altered the logo colors. See if you can pick out what I changed. I may also add an alternate hat soon.

C+C Please

--Brian

NYY2-1.png

all you did was take off the white outline. It looks good, but the yankees logo needs to be cleaned up. Maybe you can put this on a template with pants. as well.

If you could make all your concepts this clean, you would have less problems. Also, what happened to the AL Central theme?

Also, if you're going to recolor a logo. Do it right. It's not that hard.

If you don't already know what I'm talking about patsox, the stripe on the Yanks hat is a darker blue than the underneath part of the hat.

Archived