Question for Vikings Fans

BlueSky

It almost looks like spandex or something. Maybe it's meant to make the ball a little "slicker" so they get used to carrying it tighter??????

KISSwall09.jpg

It almost looks like spandex or something. Maybe it's meant to make the ball a little "slicker" so they get used to carrying it tighter??????

Agreed. It looks sort of like one of those covers that teams sometimes put on helmets during drills and scrimmages to differentiate players.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

Correct. Teams use these ball covers so quarterbacks and running backs can get used to handing off and carrying balls that are slicker than normal.

Bet you could really fool the D with play action fakes using that ball. It reminds me of when Paul Brown sewed patches of leather on the stomachs of all his running backs' jerseys so the defense couldn't tell who had the ball (before they outlawed those kind of shenanigans).

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

I believe it is almost like a nylon type fabric to cover the ball to get the players to grip the ball better. I think some QB's use the same thing in red to conver there helmets in training as well.

...purple footballs? :blink:

peterson.jpg

What's up with that?

Blow this picture up and tape it straight to the outside of Paul Lukas' bedroom window. :D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

as far as I remember leetsunited is right lol, I think Chester Taylor could've made a move to superstardom but who knows now

...and Chester may very well still be able to do that. I don't think Adrian has yet been penciled in as the de facto starter up there in purple people land. For his sake (and the sake of the Vikings, for that matter), I hope he doesn't get dogged down by the injury bug, but that is always a possibility. But hell...Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson in the same backfield, whether both are on the field at the same time or not, should be enough to keep D's up at night. I foresee some pretty good things coming out of the Purple People's running game this year.

Oh--and speaking of which...is Jim Kleinsasser still there???

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

as far as I remember leetsunited is right lol, I think Chester Taylor could've made a move to superstardom but who knows now

...and Chester may very well still be able to do that. I don't think Adrian has yet been penciled in as the de facto starter up there in purple people land. For his sake (and the sake of the Vikings, for that matter), I hope he doesn't get dogged down by the injury bug, but that is always a possibility. But hell...Chester Taylor and Adrian Peterson in the same backfield, whether both are on the field at the same time or not, should be enough to keep D's up at night. I foresee some pretty good things coming out of the Purple People's running game this year.

Oh--and speaking of which...is Jim Kleinsasser still there???

Jimmy is still here, he restructured his contract, so he's here a little bit longer... we need the big guy to plow open holes for Chester and AD.

twitter_zps93c9c8f9.png @josh_j12 smbelt_zps438edf04.png

CFA- Fargo Bobcats

Downside - these will probably get really waterlogged when they're taken out on the sex boat.

thread winner. I still want to find a cheap "SMOOT - 21" jersey. Master of the Cover-2, indeed.

and Adrian Peterson is a freak of a RB. sure, the Ducks don't have the greatest run d, but he was unstoppable last September when we played them. Only Reggie Bush has ever impressed me more in person.

harperdc.gif

Archived