NCAA Three Point Line moved back.

TurnTwo

Surprised no one has brought this up yet.

The NCAA will be moving the three point line back one foot from the current distance of 19'9" to 20'9". This line change will apply only to the men; so apparently there will now be two lines painted on all college courts, really makes no sense at all to me. If they were going to move it back it should have been either consistent with the international standard (20'6") or the NBA standard (23'9" at the key, 22' in the corner).

Link.

"I must be butter, because I'm on a roll."

Turn Two Design // Facebook

Puckheads don't care about basketball, especially if it's during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I hope it doesn't pass. College basketball is perfect as is.

I'd like to see 20'6" instead, the international standard, but adopt it for the women's game as well. Thus, no need for the 19'9" line.

LvZYtbZ.png

I hope it doesn't pass. College basketball is perfect as is.

Actually the one flaw in College Basketball is that the 3-point line is too close, and its too easy of shot moving it back about a foot is the right thing to do.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Surprised no one has brought this up yet.

The NCAA will be moving the three point line back one foot from the current distance of 19'9" to 20'9". This line change will apply only to the men; so apparently there will now be two lines painted on all college courts, really makes no sense at all to me. If they were going to move it back it should have been either consistent with the international standard (20'6") or the NBA standard (23'9" at the key, 22' in the corner).

Link.

If they were gonna make the change, 20'6" is the only one that makese sense. Especially with all the talk about not lettin' the pros compete in Olympic ball (speaking of which... it wouldn't hurt if the NCAA got the trapezoid either).

Screw painting some new lines or changing the shape of the lane, how about they start teaching FUN-DA-MEN-TALS. That's good enough for me.

I know the NCAA doesn't do anything that isn't motivated by money, but I'm at a loss to how this is a profitable move.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

I agree with the international 3-point distance...it make sense for SOMETHING to match!

I've always felt the 3-point NCAA line was too close - top-of-the-key is too basic a shot to earn three points.

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Makes no difference to this Tennessee fan. Chris Lofton can drain 'em from much further out than that.

So could Corey Brewer and Taurean Green and Mike Humphrey and--well...pretty much every other Gator who released a shot outside the arc during the NCAA Championship game, to say nothing of most of their season (especially in the case of Humphrey)...

:D

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Screw painting some new lines or changing the shape of the lane, how about they start teaching FUN-DA-MEN-TALS. That's good enough for me.

I know the NCAA doesn't do anything that isn't motivated by money, but I'm at a loss to how this is a profitable move.

American Basketball as a whole needs to learn Fundamentals its why cant win in Basketball any more everyone wants to be on Sportscenter with the 360 dunk.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

Makes no difference to this Tennessee fan. Chris Lofton can drain 'em from much further out than that.

So could Corey Brewer and Taurean Green and Mike Humphrey and--well...pretty much every other Gator who released a shot outside the arc during the NCAA Championship game, to say nothing of most of their season (especially in the case of Humphrey)...

:D

I won't argue that point. I'll just say... scoreboard. What is UF's record against UT over the past two years? Last time I checked, I believe it was 1-3. B)

I won't argue that point. I'll just say... scoreboard. What is UF's record against UT over the past two years? Last time I checked, I believe it was 1-3. B)

That may be true, but who cares when you have a couple of these?

tflorida0403.jpg

Just sayin'...

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

tflorida0403.jpg

Just sayin'...

I think it's probably just not as sweet when drunken Tennessee fans can sit around and make valid points about why they are better. When drunken Tennessee fans can make valid points about anything, you're in serious trouble. :P

For instance, if UF had to play UT for those national championships, they would only have a 25% chance of winning.

So from my drunk ass to any UF fans out there... boo ya!

Screw painting some new lines or changing the shape of the lane, how about they start teaching FUN-DA-MEN-TALS.

Good idea, Greg. Where should we start?

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

yeah when college kids play at the garden or any other court that has the colege 3 and the nba 3 on the court, most try to shoot from the nba 3 line, so it makes no difference, maybe just a mental one.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

tflorida0403.jpg

Just sayin'...

I think it's probably just not as sweet when drunken Tennessee fans can sit around and make valid points about why they are better. When drunken Tennessee fans can make valid points about anything, you're in serious trouble. :P

For instance, if UF had to play UT for those national championships, they would only have a 25% chance of winning.

So from my drunk ass to any UF fans out there... boo ya!

Hey...I was NOT tryna start all this mess! :D But um uh...if you UF & UT fans feel like going at it about that type of stuff, intoxicated or not, well then hell...go for it--knock ya'selves out!

(For the record, I am an FSU fan...which means I'm obliged to despise all things Gator. But, wasn't do denying the teams they had down there the last two years was something to see. Can't hate on talent and skill. And, of course, Florida IS my home state and all, so...)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Puckheads don't care about basketball, especially if it's during the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Oh, didn't see this...

Bas-ket-ball?

[Croatia National Team Manager Slavan] Bilic then went on to explain how Croatia's success can partially be put down to his progressive man-management techniques. "Sometimes I lie in the bed with my players. I go to the room of Vedran Corluka and Luka Modric when I see they have a problem and I lie in bed with them and we talk for 10 minutes." Maybe Capello could try getting through to his players this way too? Although how far he'd get with Joe Cole jumping up and down on the mattress and Rooney demanding to be read his favourite page from The Very Hungry Caterpillar is open to question. --The Guardian's Fiver, 08 September 2008

Attention: In order to obtain maximum enjoyment from your stay at the CCSLC, the reader is advised that the above post may contain large amounts of sarcasm, dry humour, or statements which should not be taken in any true sort of seriousness. As a result, the above poster absolves himself of any and all blame in the event that a forum user responds to the aforementioned post without taking the previous notice into account. Thank you for your cooperation, and enjoy your stay at the CCSLC.

Archived