Icechucks!

StPatty33

So here's the thing:

We have teams at work. I know, cheesy, but you have to do what you can to try and stay sane in an office environment. Now unfortunately, I'm not a part of these teams, being a manager, but a group of my co-workers was really taken by my team name idea and mascot, so they adopted it. I thought the best way to pay them back would be to make a logo for them to sport as signatures in their email, etc.

Here is the team name, and definition:

Ice Chuck [ahys chuhk]

noun - A legendary, albino, hairy, and typically feisty rodent said to inhabit the Himalayas. Believed to be a disturbingly close relative to both the Marmota monax (Woodchuck) and metoh kangmi (Yeti, or Abominable Snowman), this creature is rumored to be the best natural hockey-playing species known to man. In addition, when flocking in large groups (or packs) they are unrivaled in attendance, follow-up, and interview compliancy.

So I looked hard for pictures or logo ideas for a Woodchuck (or anything that could be construed as such) that I could use, and in doing so found the Everett Silvertips logo:

silvertips.gif

Being that I work enough while I'm AT work, I went ahead and used this logo to represent the Icechucks, instead of working off the clock even more than I already do by creating a completely original logo from scratch. No big deal, as this logo will never be used for anything but office emails, and even then it will only be for a couple months until new teams are created.

So without further ado, here is my wholly unoriginal work of a wholly original idea--the DeVry Icechucks:

IC.png

Again, not an original work, logo-wise, but I thought some of you might get a kick out of it (along the lines of the Ice Dogs and their horrible logo of yore).

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Really nice work man. I think the color combination of the white & blue really make the logo pop out. My only thing is the "DEVRY: in red to me kinda doesnt work, but that just me. Maybe make it white.

Any way really nice overall. A+

Considering the fact that you have showed that you can produce some very good work, you should be hung for a simple modification.

I would challenge you to make an original one if you have time.

Considering the fact that you have showed that you can produce some very good work, you should be hung for a simple modification.

Kinda like your completely original username and icon. Cut the guy some slack, considering he said he already had enough other real work to do.

Considering the purposes of this logo, it looks cool how you modified it to make it your own.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

this is cool. for each team name it seems like the colors fit. i love the light blue and white together where Icechucks cuz its got sort of an icy feeling to it. this made me in the mood to get a slushee. anyway this is good for a legendary, albino, hairy, and typically feisty rodent.

Kinda like your completely original username and icon. Cut the guy some slack, considering he said he already had enough other real work to do.

Considering the purposes of this logo, it looks cool how you modified it to make it your own.

Like I said, if he had time.

Besides, my username is original (it is my name) and the avatar and sig are my creations.

I implore you to go to my website before making any further comments.

Besides, my username is original (it is my name) and the avatar and sig are my creations.

PWNED.

PWNED.

Haha, damn dude, I was just to write that myself. Yes, I got pwned, but still, good concept.

screenshot-2017-09-15-18-37-19.png

PWNED.

Haha, damn dude, I was just to write that myself. Yes, I got pwned, but still, good concept.

Ãœber pwnage!! Haha!

Awesome concept though Patty! Although we would normally jump on someone for a recolor/redesign I will definately not look down upon you cause this one rocks! Are there many ice chucks in captivity?

IceChucks is a hilarious hockey team name. It sums up all of those teams. What's an IceChuck? Can woodchucks live in water? Can they live in frozen water?

BeachFrogs

RedBlackHawks

SteelLeopards

DevilClaws

LakeTarantulas

RiverGoblins

MeerKats

IceRobots

EndagedSpeeces

BlueHats

LiteSox

PistolFire

FlameHogs

BackStroke

MLS

Cleveland Liverpools

Real Detroit Streets

Soiellouieoille% (San Francisco)

Sandpipers (Baltimore)

San Luis Mosuri (St. Louis - San Luis Potosi, Femexfut)

MLB

Boston Blues

Portland Sailors

Washington Cardinals

Nashville Ghoulies

NBA

Denver Cutters

Dallas Yaks

Kentucky Nationals

Cincinnati Skeletons

NFL

Los Angeles Rhinos

Milwaukee Tuckers

Pittsburgh Prawllers

Albany Bolts

IceChucks is a hilarious hockey team name. It sums up all of those teams. What's an IceChuck? Can woodchucks live in water? Can they live in frozen water?

BeachFrogs

RedBlackHawks

SteelLeopards

DevilClaws

LakeTarantulas

RiverGoblins

MeerKats

IceRobots

EndagedSpeeces

BlueHats

LiteSox

PistolFire

FlameHogs

BackStroke

MLS

Cleveland Liverpools

Real Detroit Streets

Sandpipers (Baltimore)

MLB

Boston Blues

Portland Sailors

Washington Cardinals

Nashville Ghoulies

NBA

Denver Cutters

Dallas Yaks

Kentucky Nationals

Cincinnati Skeletons

NFL

Los Angeles Rhinos

Milwaukee Tuckers

Pittsburgh Prawllers

Albany Bolts

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

buffalo_sig.png

BeachFrogs

RedBlackHawks

SteelLeopards

DevilClaws

LakeTarantulas

RiverGoblins

MeerKats

IceRobots

EndagedSpeeces

BlueHats

LiteSox

PistolFire

FlameHogs

BackStroke

MLS

Cleveland Liverpools

Real Detroit Streets

Sandpipers (Baltimore)

MLB

Boston Blues

Portland Sailors

Washington Cardinals

Nashville Ghoulies

NBA

Denver Cutters

Dallas Yaks

Kentucky Nationals

Cincinnati Skeletons

NFL

Los Angeles Rhinos

Milwaukee Tuckers

Pittsburgh Prawllers

Albany Bolts

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

...so you see the puppy was like industry in that they were both lost in the woods. And nobody, especially the little boy - "society" ? knew where to find him.

Except that the puppy was a dog, but the industry my friends ? that was a revolution.

The below to be updated once the newest banner is raised!
spacer.png

Archived