MLB Concept Series #6: Houston Astros

mania

Concept #1: Texas Rangers

Concept #2: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

Concept #3: Toronto Blue Jays

Concept #4: Colorado Rockies

Concept #5: Cleveland Indians

I really wanted to come up with a way to redo the 94-99 jerseys that they really should've given a longer shelf-life to and make the people that love the really retros Astros look(which if you live in Texas, you know, that's ALL people wear) happy.

I almost wanted to put something bigger in, but all of my attempts turned out REALLY bad. So I decided to K.I.S.S.

The Astros are the one team whose name kind of really allows them to have some fun with their look, so their current faux throwback look, while it might look great on other teams, really does not fit them. Also, orange is highly underutilized in pro sports, baseball especially, the only other teams that use it at all use it as a slight piping color for the most part, so I decided to let it become just as equal to the look as navy.

hat.png

homejersey.png

roadjersey.png

These jerseys are awesome. Now since the D-Backs have changes to brick red, sand, and black, this should give the Astros more leverage to change their colors. I'd even be pleased with a recolor of what the have now, but what you have looks great. Just a few suggestions:

- Maybe an alternate jersey in either orange or navy blue with the star logo on the left front of the jersey in a contasting color.

- Shrink down the sleeve logos, I've noticed that most of yours have been overly large on your concepts.

OMG, I was thinking about doing something like this. I would change the number font, but other than that this is absolutely beautiful! Perhaps modify the chargers font a bit, that should look real nice. I would love to see them wear these!

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Didn't notice that about the patch until after I posted.

Here's a quick fix

roadjersey2.png

I'm a full-time lurker and full-time Astros fan. I had to jump in for three reasons:

1) I like these a lot, and was thinking the recent hijacking of our color scheme by the D'Backs would open up the possible return of navy & orange. I tried a set recently with those colors, plus Columbia (i.e. Oiler) blue, but I have little-to-no photoshop skills. If you ever get bored enough, try working it in as an accent. I think it's pretty sharp looking.

2) It's Borkowski. Dave Borkowski. Not Joe Borowski. No biggie, just thought he was an interesting choice when there's guys like Berkman, Oswalt...even Luke Scott or Hunter Pence! :D

3) Personally, I like the number font. Sharp, kinda futuristic looking. Just my two cents.

The numbers need better spacing to enable them to be read more clearly from a distance, otherwise this concept rocks!

liverpool-1.png

Those are fantastic.

The only thing is, as stated before, is the spacing of the numbers on the jersey need to be spread out a bit.

I wonder how it would look with a darker blue.

I think you did a fantastic job with the jersey design, and the font choice was awesome. I like how you kept the unfinished star they currently use and I think you're right in that simplicity is a good thing, here.

Now, I hope averyj doesn't stomp me for making a comment. :)

I think you did a fantastic job with the jersey design, and the font choice was awesome. I like how you kept the unfinished star they currently use and I think you're right in that simplicity is a good thing, here.

Now, I hope averyj doesn't stomp me for making a comment. :)

I'm not normally like that.

I just get pissed sometimes with heavily repeated "newbieisms"

It's not your fault, it just happens a lot.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I'm not normally like that.

I just get pissed sometimes with heavily repeated "newbieisms"

It's not your fault, it just happens a lot.

Eh, it happens. I didn't realize I was conversing with someone on staff, here.

Btw, Go Giants! Beat LA! ;)

I'm not on staff.

^_^

It's always hard to get your "feeling" across, on the internet. I wasn't stomping you, really, I was just a little ticked. It just seems like there are new members coming here each day with no valuble contributions. But you, I have a good feeling about. from what I've seen, I like.

You know, I rarely visit ccslsc anymore. I really should fix that.

I'm not on staff.

^_^

It's always hard to get your "feeling" across, on the internet. I wasn't stomping you, really, I was just a little ticked. It just seems like there are new members coming here each day with no valuble contributions. But you, I have a good feeling about. from what I've seen, I like.

Heh, well, thanks. I honestly didn't know there was a site that discussed logos, but I guess I shouldn't be surprised :) I love sports logos to death; baseball especially!

Archived