English Premier League v3.0 sigs

Viper

Now that the Premier League season is finished and we know the three teams to be dropped, and two of the three teams to be promoted, I have completed all but one sig for the new EPL series, using my all-new v3.0 compact template.

Before I get to them, I have also created a special sig to honor this past season's champions, Manchester United:

eplmanuchampsxv9.png

And now, on to the team sigs, presented in order of their Premiership finish:

eplmanulo5.pngeplchelseaxm7.pngeplliverpoolhp4.pngeplarsenalbk0.png

epltottenhamdj8.pngeplevertondj1.pngeplboltonau2.pngeplreadingxi0.pngeplportsmouthky1.png

eplblackburnnf7.pngeplastonvillatd1.pngeplmiddlesbroughlo2.pngeplnewcastlebf3.pngeplmancityrs9.png

eplwesthamuje5.pngeplfulhamjc1.pngeplwiganathub7.png

Here are the two Championship sides which have already won promotion (back) to the Premiership for next season:

eplsunderlandrb7.pngeplbirmcityfd7.png

The third and final promoted team remains to be determined by playoff, which will be concluded at the end of the month. I'll post the final sig in the set once that team is known.

CCSLC signature.png

I can't see the champions sig...:(

Otherwise, they look great!

KaTo

It's there, believe me. Try reloading the page. It's the first sig displayed.

For the others, unfortunately I don't have anything in vector format. I took the new EPL logo straight from the EPL Web site, where it is in raster.

CCSLC signature.png

I noticed that you have Bolton as just "Wanderers" Since you've gone with a "The..." for almost every other team, I believe they're known as The Trotters. Tottenham you can change to "The Spurs". I'd add " " around Rovers as well.

Wasn't Wigan relegated along with Sheffield United and Watford?

stoneraizersig.jpg

Wow now I have something for Tottenham in my sig! Though FYI, and I hate to be picky, and I know you probably got the logo from this site, but the blue they use is more along the lines of that used by Bolton i.e. just a dark navy blue, but not that dark. Otherwise it looks nice ^^

Quest2copy.pngnflseattlelr4.png

fifaunitedstateschampsnc4.pngTottenhamHotspur.png

I noticed that you have Bolton as just "Wanderers" Since you've gone with a "The..." for almost every other team, I believe they're known as The Trotters. Tottenham you can change to "The Spurs". I'd add " " around Rovers as well.

Wasn't Wigan relegated along with Sheffield United and Watford?

Actually Charlton was relegated, not Wigan (although some folks believe Wigan should have been dropped in their place, even though the FA cleared the Latics of wrongdoing in that transfers controversy).

As for Bolton and Tottenham (and for that matter the Blackburn Rovers too), I didn't have enough room for both the full official name and the unofficial nickname. Since those three clubs have nicknames as part of their official names, that's what I used.

CCSLC signature.png

Not to nitpick or anything, but Middlesbrough is unveiling a new crest for next season. These are awesome, have you ever thought of doing the rest of the Football League?

Middlesbrough_crest.png

QPR%20Sig.png

Yeah many of us might be on the American side of the world but we do recognize other leagues below the EPL. Well, figuratively speaking ALL leagues are below the EPL, am I right? Still, there's at least 3 leagues below the Premiership and those teams deserve SOME attention, even if it's simply to stop and laugh at them for a moment before moving on.

-Daniel
Check Out My Podcast! Latest Episode 273: The Color Blinky
Latest Photo Upload: January 7, 2012

• 1 month later...

Yeah many of us might be on the American side of the world but we do recognize other leagues below the EPL. Well, figuratively speaking ALL leagues are below the EPL, am I right? Still, there's at least 3 leagues below the Premiership and those teams deserve SOME attention, even if it's simply to stop and laugh at them for a moment before moving on.

That is a perfectly good point. However, my policy (for now anyway) is only to do series for leagues that I follow, and I don't follow England's lower leagues very well because (1) Fox Soccer Channel only carries the Premiership (and FA Cup), and (2) I have only so many hours in the day and have to be a little choosy about which sports and leagues I follow closely. This is also why no Major League Baseball, NBA or Arena Football sig sets from me yet.

However, as you may know I'm currently doing national team sigs by request, and I may soon start a club team sig request thread too, so if I do, you can get your sigs that way.

In the meantime, I am happy to update the Middlesbrough sig, and the Aston Villa one for that matter:

eplastonvillalr7.pngeplmiddlesbroughga3.png

(Note: I have also taken down the old sigs previously posted above.)

CCSLC signature.png

• 1 month later...

Just as a point of clarification, Tottenham is never "The Spurs." Ever. It's "Tottenham", "Tottenham Hotspur" or just "Spurs."

Archived