Lambeau Field Celebrates 50 years with new logo

harva4

"An anniversary logo was created to mark the occasion and it will be a prominent feature on many team items throughout the year.

Among the items that will feature the anniversary logo are the team's uniforms, Gameday Program, the media guide and the Packers Yearbook. Lambeau Field itself also will feature the special logo on-field in both end zones for the entire season."

The rest of the article can be found here.

lambeaufield50th_215.jpg

409001199_a46826799e_o.jpg

Help we win a Packers contest by clicking here!

Whew - for a second there, I thought you meant they were getting rid of this logo:

packers_logo.gif

which would be a shame, since I love it.

Didn't mean to scare you. Yeah, I love that logo too. So I guess this years jerseys with have fancy patches on them. Uniform update!

Here's hoping that if they do any tweaking, they go to black spikes, go back to the full shoulder stripes, and of course striped socks.

That is a nice logo, I'm liking the abundance of jersey patches we're gonna have this year.

I agree with you. I love black shoes...they need to bring back the full shoulder stripes, and hell yeah, the stripped socks rule.

But in a perfect world, bring back the 1986 jerseys with the G's on the arms for throwbacks. Seriously.

Random Lambeau Trivia: Lambeau Field is the only major professional sports venue in the US or Canada that doesn't serve Coke or Pepsi.

Not a fan of it... as I'm also not a fan of the anachronistic parent logo. Players had stopped wearing that style of helmet for quite some time when Lambeau first opened.

That said, it'd be an awesome logo if they could just change it so that the player is wearing a late 50's/early 60's style uniform. And since the player is obviously meant to be a QB, why not model it after Bart Starr who scored the TD on the most famous play to ever take place at Lambeau?

Is it common to paint logos that use gradiants on the field? I can't imagine that's an easy task, and that the final product will would look very good. Don't teams usually have non-gradiant versions of logos for use on non-standard mediums?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it common to paint logos that use gradiants on the field? I can't imagine that's an easy task, and that the final product will would look very good. Don't teams usually have non-gradiant versions of logos for use on non-standard mediums?

I'm sure it will be modified when painted on the field without many people noticing....except for us of course ;)

I think it would be smart for the Packers to do a uniform overhaul once Brett Favre is out. It would be a nice way to usher in the new era of....uh...Aaron Rodgers? :blink: UGH! Thank God I'm A Bears fan. Then again we've got Rex so I think it evens things out.

Random Lambeau Trivia: Lambeau Field is the only major professional sports venue in the US or Canada that doesn't serve Coke or Pepsi.

Lambeau Field serves Cocal-Cola products now. I think they made the change from RC Cola after the renovation.

Mark my words - Aaron Rodgers will not ever be the starting QB for the Packers.

If I were a betting man I would take this bet in a heartbeat.

Same here. I was excited when the Packers first drafted him, but they're clearly never going to use him. They should use him as trade bait.

Archived