Speaking of the austin wranglers and the afl...

Brian in Boston

There's a photo up on the internet that is purported to be of the Austin Wranglers' helmet. Then again, it could be of an item on display at the Liberace Museum.

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~pro4/austinw.jpg

Also, if you haven't had a chance to catch the Jon Bon Jovi/John Elway AFL ad at a theater near you, you can check it out on the Georgia Force's website. Simply click on the link on the left-hand side of the page.

http://www.georgiaforce.com

Brian in Boston

Christ wept.  That's not real. that's not happening. Please, God, tell me, that isn't happening.

That's gotta be a fake. No one in their right mind would ever give that the go ahead.

Or wait. Maybe they would. The NIFL is full of crap like this...

Welcome to DrunjFlix

great googly moogly, sweet mother of christ that is absolutely horrendous.........................i just had to pick my eyes up off the floor and put them back in after scraping them out from the pain of seeing that monstrosity........ouch!

It's a silver helmet with their logo on it. Yea it's not the most imaginative, but, acting like that helmet is the product of the anti-christ? I think some of you people are overreacting...

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Looks like my neighbor's bass boat.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Darken the blue and the red and it starts to look better.  The lighter blue and bright red with that silver bass boat paint just make it look too much like a Bozo prop.  

It's an ugly helmet and the logo designer did the best he could with the unreasonable restrictions the team put on him (I got this straight from the horse's mouth - no pun intended), but it's by no means a harbinger of the end of mortal civilization as we know it.

It's an ugly helmet and the logo designer did the best he could with the unreasonable restrictions the team put on him (I got this straight from the horse's mouth - no pun intended)

I remember in working with Joe on their logo that we found out the team did not want to use cowboys, horses, bulls or draw any similarity to the University of Texas Longhorns with their logo originally. When you're coming up with a logo for a team called the Wranglers in Austin, Texas, there's not a lot of avenues you can take besides that. I'd like to know what they had in mind if they didn't want all that.

That's what baffled me about it. All that about eliminating the typical cowboy imagery and then---what do you know!---a horse. I happen to know there were some very creative ideas Joe submitted that didn't involve the horse/cowboy/bull imagery, but they were turned down for whatever reason. I'll leave it at his discretion to show them, however.

not as bad as it's being made out to be.  at least they didn't go with the flying Pancho Villa :;):  *Cisco Kid-was a friend of mi-i-ine*

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived