NBA Lottery

Gary

I don't care about the Celts, but jesus, you have to feel for that franchise.

Yes, I really feel for them and their 16 NBA Championships.

Come on, that's ancient history. In the new nba, it's what you've done over the past five years that matter. Let's face it, none of us were probably alive when they won the bulk of their titles, and I know some of you folks weren't born before their last title either.

Get real, those old banners have about as much effect on today's NBA as Sam Bowie's jockstrap.

The franchise is hurting, and has been hurting for almost two full decades now. That's bad.

Anyway, I just heard the story that Stern rigged it against Boston in order to smack them down for so blatantly tanking the season.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do not call the Celtics decline the Curse of Len Bias, its the curse of Reggie Lewis cuz they stopped playing good ball after he collapsed (with the exception of the early 2000's teams).

Its the curse of Danny Ainge you fools, back in 2001-02 we made it to the east finals and lost in 6, next year semis then he trades antione away and then we went to suffering , plain and simple BRING BACK ANTOINE!!!! yes 3rd times a charm!!!!

I do not call the Celtics decline the Curse of Len Bias, its the curse of Reggie Lewis cuz they stopped playing good ball after he collapsed (with the exception of the early 2000's teams).

Its the curse of Danny Ainge you fools, back in 2001-02 we made it to the east finals and lost in 6, next year semis then he trades antione away and then we went to suffering , plain and simple BRING BACK ANTOINE!!!! yes 3rd times a charm!!!!

Ludicrous.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

It's so funny how ESPN and ESPN fans (see the poll) are all saying they need to rid of the lottery and opt for awarding the teams with the worst records with the top pick (draft by record) and a few months ago they were chastising teams for tanking. I bet if the C's got the first pick, all those people would've been happy and the draft lottery wouldn't be getting the disapproval it's getting now. I knew one of those worst two teams wasn't going to be in the top two but Portland getting #1 is shocking but at the same time fulfilling after all those years of sliding down the ranks of the western conference. They went from one game to the finals to crap to the team on the rise. Good Job Blazers.

MetsChiefsEspnSig.gif

College sports as we know them are just about dead. The lid is off on all the corruption that taints just about every major program and every decision that the schools or the NCAA make is only about money, money, and more money. We'll have three 16+ team super-conferences sooner rather than later, killing much of the regional flair and traditional rivalries that make college sports unique and showing the door to any school that doesn't bring money to the table in the process. Pretty soon the smaller schools are going to have to consider forming their own sanctioning body to keep the true spirit of college sports alive because the NCAA will only get worse in it's excess from here

I'm sure the Heat would let you have him and his $9.5 million salary for an expiring contract.

Oh wait, Danny traded away all those.

Start hoping for OJ Mayo.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

Start hoping for OJ Mayo.

You mean the second coming of Bassy Telfair? :D

I also find it odd that Boston fans always stick a curse on rough times.

Ding ding. If your team sucks, deal with it. Stop trying to blame it on something else.

cv2TCLZ.png

"I secretly hope people like that hydroplane into a wall." - Dennis "Big Sexy" Ittner

POTD - 7/3/14

Ding ding. If your team sucks, deal with it. Stop trying to blame it on something else.

As someone currently suffering under the curse of, um, Wayne Fontes, I resent that comment.

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

It's not just Boston fans (although they usually are the most abrasive and loudest) that claim curses. It's probably endemic of most sports team franchises who try to explain just bad luck over the ages.

But come on, you've got to see the fact that the Celtics have now been jobbed in TWO draft lotteries with franchise superstars available for the taking. Yes, it's all down to the pingpong balls and how they roll, but percentages are percentages. Especially in this year's draft, where they could have ended up with the one or the two and still come away with franchise players. If they want to explain it away with a curse, then so be it, whatever helps them deal.

And OBVIOUSLY the fault for a team's misfortune usually lies with the owner, GM or any combination thereof. Are you actually insinuating that curses are really believed, or something more than goodnatured superstitions? I really hope Len Bias (or Babe Ruth, for that matter) had better things to do than tinker with sports franchises while in the afterlife.

I love the absolute passion Boston sports fans have for all of their teams, win or lose. I wish more cities that that passion.

But, when bad things happen, like a bad lottery pick, I can't feel sorry for them... although it doesn't help that all that Boston is a divisional rival of most of my teams :P

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

how???........trading for rattlif and telfair??? or getting nothing back when trading away antione to the heat???.................................when a boston team does bad we dont automality call it a cusre, the bruins suck, ill gladly admit that, no cures at all just a piss poor job my mangment

Archived