San Deigo Padres concept

elliott

Last week I made this cap logo, thread here.

Now I made this concept, coming up with this script logo:

padresscript.gif

(I used their current 'P')

So here is the concept, I'm not positive but I think they have dropped the sand jerseys so I used a darker, more gold color and made the road jersey blue.

C+C please!

sandeigopadres.gif

your better off just typing letters and editing after. free handing your script was not a good idea.

The SD logo is just not making sense to me, seems very unnecessary.

The white sleeves don't look right, and the large P patch doesn't look like it fits as a patch.

Other than that, unbelievable!

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

your better off just typing letters and editing after. free handing your script was not a good idea.

The SD logo is just not making sense to me, seems very unnecessary.

The white sleeves don't look right, and the large P patch doesn't look like it fits as a patch.

Other than that, unbelievable!

so you like the piping and the number font on the back? I would have to agree with you, but I, myself, don't really care for the number font, it looks too businessy and proper for a baseball concept, but the piping is right on.

They remind me alot of the mid-90s Astros.

My question is this: Since the cap logo looks like it was an attempt to put SD into the font they use for the wordmark, then why change the wordmark?

Also, the P logo on the sleeves of the backs of the jersey is messed up, it should be the right side of the P but right now it is just the mirror of the left side.

It'd be good if you could work the light blue into the uniforms as well; it's a cool color in the scheme and I think the Pads should use it more, even just as an accent on the jerseys.

They remind me alot of the mid-90s Astros.

My question is this: Since the cap logo looks like it was an attempt to put SD into the font they use for the wordmark, then why change the wordmark?

Also, the P logo on the sleeves of the backs of the jersey is messed up, it should be the right side of the P but right now it is just the mirror of the left side.

It'd be good if you could work the light blue into the uniforms as well; it's a cool color in the scheme and I think the Pads should use it more, even just as an accent on the jerseys.

:jawdrop: Well alrighty then.

Sorry, I just can't say anything good about this thing. Your only strongpoints are the jersey colors and the piping ( besides on the blue jersey). Other than that, I would say start over.

I'll side with the majority on the overall "Blah"ness of it...

Let me qualify this, As an overall concept, I don't see a lot of things really wrong, it just doesn't stand out enough to warrant the change.

The letters themselves seem to be of different type.

But the one thing that jumps out at me the most, is the proportions of the Cap logo.

I like realim in a concept, and to me it appears that this logo would be way too big for cap.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

Well, on the technical side, I can say that you need to change how you apply your outlines to your lettering. The stroke of the outline needs to be behind the body color of the letters. If it lays over the front, the part on the inside of the outline's centerline reduces the shape of the letter, and that rarely has a good effect. Notice the "r" in "Padres" on the blue jersey. The blue outline has chopped the yellow body of the letter into a top and bottom half, and it looks worse because of it. I assume you worked hard drawing the letters, so don't let the outlines compromise it.

LT

Archived