Obscure Jerseys

AndrewPF

I have just about every team's jersey from the WLAF and NFL E except for Cologne and Amsterdam's orange.

Included in the list is a game-worn 1992 Orlando Thunder home jersey. Ugly but worth serious cash.

Among my favorite jerseys:

Toronto Argos Away (Jason the Argo on both shoulders)

New York CityHawks Black

Are the Raleigh-Durham Skyhawks and Ohio Glory included in that? If so...kudos, I'd love one of the Skyhawks jerseys.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tucson Tilt, WSHL Jr. B, half-season wonder... mid-season fold this year when Daniel Negreanu and Gavin Smith refused to give the GM another marker. Team didn't make it to Thanksgiving.

tilt.jpg

Fort Worth Fire, CHL, circa 1993-94. Blackhawks base jersey

fire.jpg

Alaska Gold Kings WCHL

alaska_gks.jpg

Santa Fe RoadRunners third jersey, 2006-07

santafe.jpg

Fort Worth Texans WSHL Jr. B, 2005-06, a one-season wonder. This jersey was designed with the assistance of this forum (the Texans lettering under the logo was added by the team owner).

texans.jpg

Some more...

Texas Tornado NAHL Jr. A, circa 2001-02

tornadohome.jpg

tornadoroad.jpg

Lone Star Cavalry NAHL Jr. A 2003-04, one-year wonder. Bluejackets base.

cavshome.jpg

cavsroad.jpg

Also have in storage WPHL Waco Wizards home and road, MLRH Columbus Hawks, a RHI Vancouver VooDoo practice jersey, and WSHL Jr. B Dallas Texans and Cajun Catahoulas, a home/road pair of WCHL Fresno Falcons jerseys from 1997-98, and a 1992-93 CHL Oklahoma City Blazers and 1995-96 I got rid of my CHL Dallas Freeze home/road jerseys a few years ago.

i've got an FC Sparta Praha jersey, a Bawlf Blackhawks, home and away...guaranteed that nobody else has them...well, maybe those on my dad's team from back in the day

Serious sport has nothing to do with fair play. It is bound up with hatred, jealousy, boastfulness, disregard of all rules, and sadistic pleasure in witnessing violence: in other words it is war minus the shooting

I just finished a 1980 Tuscon Toros jersey.

You sick bastard.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

:cursing: You hatin' the Aroma of Tacoma???? :P I'm an Everett Silvertips fan now. I just can't root for the T-birds (or Kelowna). Rivals since '92.

I will say I miss those couple of seasons, heading down 5 to the T-Dome (which was a horrible place for hockey) sitting with 12000 other people and enjoying a good-natured but hate-filled rivalry. That was back in the days of the old Coliseum when Seattle would draw 11000+ for Tacoma, Portland, Spokane, pretty much anyone.

I don't get the same feeling at the EEC and the Tips.

I think you're right. Tacoma and Seattle have been natural rivals for a century. Everett is still new, but without a Tacoma team Everett is a natural fit. The EEC is a MUCH better venue for hockey then the dome, but I miss the nights at the dome.

As for nwtrekker's question. I'm from Tacoma :blink: but lived in Seattle, Spokane, Ellensburg, Port Angeles. Now I'm serving time ;) in Oklahoma. I'm trying to get into the CHL and the Tulsa Oilers, but I miss the NW.

Back to Jerseys. I'm going to get an Oilers Jersey with the Oil tower. I hate the logo of the head shot=Ugly. e546_12.JPGTower=Classic.IMG_9926%20(Medium).jpg:hockeysmiley:

2000Patch.jpg

Archived