Hamilton Predators Concept

SHaMROCK

I had previously shown this logo, but not with the "Predators" name.

predators1gf5.jpg

hamiltonpredatorslogohojm3.jpghamiltonpredatorslogoawif0.jpg

hamt19201921lk3.gif

I know that old 1920's tiger sucks but I would want something similar so I just put it on for effect.

I think the predators name works really well with "Hamilton" and I tiger is a predator.

shamrockles.png

shamrocklescronological.png

When teams relocate, some names work. That's fine. The problem is the significance of that name attatched to the city it belonged in. It's like moving the Montreal Canadiens to Kansas City and call it the KC Canadiens...it flows and sounds nice, does it make sense? F NO.

Hamilton should NOT keep the Predators, why? it's Hamilton's team, why do they want to carry on the name that means nothing in Hamilton?

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

When teams relocate, some names work. That's fine. The problem is the significance of that name attatched to the city it belonged in. It's like moving the Montreal Canadiens to Kansas City and call it the KC Canadiens...it flows and sounds nice, does it make sense? F NO.

Hamilton should NOT keep the Predators, why? it's Hamilton's team, why do they want to carry on the name that means nothing in Hamilton?

The Canadiens analogy was a BIT of a stretch, Predators is a terrible name but it does work for the city of Hamilton. Not that I think they should keep it if they do move, but Predators/Tigers, it works.

I like this a lot. Great job!

Ideally I would go with Hamilton Tigers, but keeping the Predators name works, considering the link between the words "tiger" and "predator."

Also, the "H/Predators" logo rules, it's a great update of the classic "H/tigers" mark. I agree that the old school tiger logo wouldn't work, but as a place holder it gets the point across. An updated version would look amazing as a secondary logo.

The one thing I would change would be to change the navy to black, to draw on the city's traditional sports scheme of black and yellow/gold.

I've redone it abit now with a much more suitable tiger image for the shoulders. Some credit goes to others on this forum who simplified the Predators logo, then someone else recoloured the Predators logo, which inspired me and I re-re-coloured it. Thank you everyone.

Another change I've made is the neck is now black to match the ends of the sleeves I previously had.

The third change is the away (white) jersey now read "Hamilton" instead of "Predators". I like this idea that is used mostly in baseball and basketball of displaying your city name on the road.

predators1ul9.jpg

hamiltonpredatorslogohojm3.jpghamiltonpredatorslogo20zq1.jpg

hamiltonpredatorsgq8.png

Thanks for the kind words Icecap!

shamrockles.png

Sorry but the preds are not moving. I deal with the NHL on a daily basis and have all kinds of story coming in. It would take a lot for Nashville to be out of it contract in Nashville

So what its just a concept.

Sorry but the preds are not moving. I deal with the NHL on a daily basis and have all kinds of story coming in. It would take a lot for Nashville to be out of it contract in Nashville

Even if Nashville meets the ticket numbers required by the "cure" clause it would only cost Jim Balsillie 27,000,000 to break the lease.

Billionaires do what ever they want, and Jim balsillie wants the Predators to play in Hamilton in the RIM Centre (Copps Coliseum). It's gonna happen!

How do you "deal" with the NHL eveyday, do you do the ordering for a sports store?

shamrockles.png

The name 'Predators' has no history in Hamilton. Nashville was named this because of the fossil they found. Hamilton needs an original name but other then that the concept is alright except the shoulder logo doesnt fit well.

hamiltons name: tigers

nashvilles logo: sabre-tooth tiger

tiger = predator

no history? if anythings its a perfect match

The update is even better. Switching "Predators" for "Hamilton" on the road sweater is a nice touch. I like the use of a modified Preds logo as an official mark, mostly due to my hatred of the dreaded Cleveland Deal.

Still, I maintain that the navy should be completely replaced by black 1) because the black/yellow scheme would tie the team in with the city's other sports teams, past and present and 2) with Buffalo so close by I would steer clear of a navy, yellow, and silver scheme.

Archived