Iowa D-League Name the Team Contest

Pharos04

It was registered back in in 2006 though by a guy in California. Seems to just have been the shotgun approach to the domain claim/reselling business.

I checked all those yesterday. The template for the teams domain names can can be found on the NBADL website. They just do the location.

Plus they said all 5 of those names are gone. Expect an energy or ethanol themed name. Biodiesels or E85ers or something...

The name makes sense for those who live in Iowa, like myself.

The state of Iowa is a leader in finding and creating alternate sources of energy, like Ethenol and the use of windmills to harness the wind.

The logo is simple, but it gets the point home. I, for one, welcome the Iowa Energy to the D-League.

Energy cetainly fits, although "alternative sorces of energy" is ludacris a best. Ethenol is like magician's flash--big burst, no heat. It is a way to pay farmers for growing a useless crop--more goverment subsities. With a 25-50% reduction in mileage, you need a 25-50% price reduction. In Iowa, it's 5 cents. Not to big on $3.00 a gallon. :censored: Iowa, :censored: ethenol. FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Commissioner of the Northern Lights Hockey Association (NLHA), Founded 1981 with Albert M. Tischler. Owner Minnesota Griffins 6 time AURORA BOREALIS CUP winners. Defending Champion 2011 is Houston Roughnecks.

Energy cetainly fits, although "alternative sorces of energy" is ludacris a best. Ethenol is like magician's flash--big burst, no heat. It is a way to pay farmers for growing a useless crop--more goverment subsities. With a 25-50% reduction in mileage, you need a 25-50% price reduction. In Iowa, it's 5 cents. Not to big on $3.00 a gallon. :censored: Iowa, :censored: ethenol. FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

What are 'sorces?'

Isn't 'Ludacris a rapper?'

What's 'ethenol?'

What's a 'goverment?'

What's are 'subsities?'

Thanks for playing. First, you're off topic. Second, you're uninformed. Third, your financial information couldn't be any more wrong. If you're going to try to pepper us with RNC talking points, you could be doing a lot better and not much worse.

Oh. And did I mention that I called it? Although the owner gave it awy in a press release not too long ago by saying "I expect there to be a lot of energy surrounding the new team identity."

How are they starting the contest on the 19th and then releasing the name AND logo 10 days later?

Because A) they already had a team named picked, and/or B) name-the-team contests are GREAT ways to build up your database of potential customers you know have an interest in your team (and thus why they would enter in the first place).

Cards.png

Archived