QANTAS Considering Logo Change

Gregmond

It would be extremely unwise to do so. With more Australian based airlines coming out of the woodwork, more and more Qantas flyers are switching over for cheaper air fares. There is nothing wrong with having a nation specific logo either. Air New Zealand seem to do fine with their koru.

sig.png

Plus, in Qantas' case, the kangaroo isn't just a national symbol sort of thing. It symbolizes the old Kangaroo Route (the multi-stage trip from London to Australia) that I believe Qantas originated.

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Its so similar as to be almost not worth changing. I can't believe they'd have wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars on it.

liverpool-1.png

Its so similar as to be almost not worth changing. I can't believe they'd have wasted hundreds of thousands of dollars on it.

You took the words right out of my mouth. The redesign is trying to "update" the look of the kangaroo, if anything, which makes it not look like a kangaroo.

You took the words right out of my mouth. The redesign is trying to "update" the look of the kangaroo, if anything, which makes it not look like a kangaroo.

i third that comment!!!!!

the redesign took place only because the old kangaroo wouldn't fit on the tails of some new purchased aircrafts, therefore the leg of a new roo is pushed more forward.

They could (should!) have just shrunk the roo a little and kept the entire logo on the tail.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a cool design. Is there a site with airplane designs? I'm interested in the design of airplanes and airline logos.

EDIT: never mind, found it!

http://i.imgur.com/4ahMZxD.png

koizim said:
And...and ya know what we gotta do? We gotta go kick him in da penis. He'll be injured. Injured bad.

COYS and Go Sox

• 3 weeks later...

Major upgrade. The previous logos looked like the kangaroo was preparing for....ahem....a prisoner's welcome.

Engine, Engine, Number Nine, on the New York transit line,

If my train goes off the track, pick it up! Pick it up! Pick it up!

Back on the scene, crispy and clean,

You can try, but then why, 'cause you can't intervene.

We be the outcast, down for the settle. Won't play the rock, won't play the pebble.

Archived