CBS rebranding?

reppact

I have noticed this on just television during the promotion of CBS shows etc. But I don't see a change on the website.

cbs_old.jpg

CBS eye with old font

cbs_new.jpg

CBS eye with new font

I actually like the new font. Anyone else hear of the rebranding of CBS?

Alouettes_roadsign.pngBlueJays_roadsign.pngExpos_roadsign.png

The old font was eons better. I hate this trendy crap. That font will not look good in ten years. I'm basing this off the fact that it doesn't even look good now.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

i'm not sure if changing the font in a logo can be considered a rebranding... maybe a refonting...

the eye is the same, the layout is the same, and the content is the same.

I have noticed this on just television during the promotion of CBS shows etc. But I don't see a change on the website.

cbs_old.jpg

CBS eye with old font

cbs_new.jpg

CBS eye with new font

I actually like the new font. Anyone else hear of the rebranding of CBS?

Oveall, I thought that you were going to tell me that Katie Couric was finished. Wait, I will look at my "Entertainment Weekly" for such news. I think Oregon State for their new font. Did Les Moonves (or Julie Chen) approve?

• 4 weeks later...

If you look at old logos on You Tube, CBS seems to use a new font every year - trendy stuff some years, traditional in others. Corporately, they still use Bodoni; the other fonts are changed for a new season.

Now, changing that blocky font they use for CBS Sports...

CBSSports.jpg

139775815_cc7da57bca_o.jpg

Archived