Toronto Maple Leafs Concept

daynio

Well, this is my first ever logo concept. It's an idea I've had in mind for quite some time. I've never been very fond of the Leafs TML secondary logo, so i decided to come up with one of my own. Sorry about the quality i had to do it on paint...i have a cleaner version done on inkscape but i couldnt figure out how to load it on to photobucket...i'd like some CC, and i could post the cleaned up version of it if anyone knows how.tml.jpg

As a Leafs fan who hates the addition of silver to the team's scheme as well as the TML logo itself, I have to say this is pretty good. If you ditched the silver and cleaned up the edges I would say this would make for a perfect alternate logo, better then the original TML logo it was based on. Great job.

Kinda like the the brewers glove logo or the wild logo in that it has 2 meanings. But I cant see it on a jersey. I love the idea though and I bet that if you played with it you could get something good out of it. Probably the most creative logos I have seen on here in a while.

"Cat Eyes" - Josh

ogopr90c4s7q4ez68ga7vhbyh.gifv7xqqsng0c3badvnm9i4e3oca.gif8sg7h2ns8fixo1yqzakt0uvwb.gif

Very clever.

I'd like to see the outline in *gasp* black instead of sliver. Before all the leafs fans kill me....it's just for interests sake!!

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Very clever.

I'd like to see the outline in *gasp* black instead of sliver. Before all the leafs fans kill me....it's just for interests sake!!

Haha, as a Leafs fan myself it scares me to think of having a black outline, i dont even like the silver, to me the leafs should just be blue and white, theres no need for other colours. The only reason i used the silver in my concept is because it looked too plain without it.

BUT, i'm really bored right now so i'll try the black outline *shudder* haha

I agree, the blue and white is how is should be.

But...it limits options, so I can see why MLSE wanted to throw a 3rd color in the mix, I just always thought black would look sharper than silver.

I base that opinion off of a t-shirt I've seen around that little kids are wearing, it basically a black shirt with the leafs logo and the script in blue with a white outline on the bottom of the shirt saying "Toronto Maple Leafs".

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

well here it is with the black outline...and oddly enough it kinda works, it's not as bad as i thought it would be and well it gives it a classy look

TMLblack.png

it actually looks wayyy better than i thought it would

and here's a plain white and blue one just for comparison...it also reinforces the fact that the leafs do need a third colour just to make things a little easier design-wise

TMLblue.png

CC is always appreciated

I stand by my theory that black works with the leafs logo.

I think that looks great!

Archived