Chattanooga

adrianb

I like the logo and the C. One question -- are the Mocs now named after a bird, a snake or leather footware?

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

the logo looks like a rubber stamp

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

An Indian tribe.

The fourth option that I somehow forgot. I know that was the official origin of the name once upon a time, but I also recall that the school has been shying away from that connection in this age of political correctness (see, for example, the recent bird logo). Thus my semi-sarcastic question.

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

An Indian tribe.

It was indeed an indian tribe. The official nickname was, at that time, the Moccasins. Now, however, the official nickname is simply the Mocs, and they have dissociated themselves with all native american connotations, and Mocs is now said to refer to "Mockingbirds," which is the Tennessee state bird.

They look a lot like App's old uniforms...maybe they are copying our greatness?

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Hm. All the trouble of redoing the school's athletic identity, complete with new custom typeface, but using a generic serifed block font across the front of the jerseys instead.

Whatever, I guess.

It's Georgia Tech with a blue helmet.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

The color is called light old gold. I don't know if they're switching from light gold to that for all sports but supposedly the "C" is going to be used for all sports teams. Also, they're going to wear these for all 10(or however many games they play) games this season. I can't recall anyone else doing this. Even schools like LSU break out the purple for a game or 2.

Cow-catcher logo? Cool, though not changed that much on a hasty glance. New C? Yawn. I suppose it's okay, but hardly worthy to be the centerpiece of a branding scheme--especially with the other elements the Mocs have (Cow-catcher, Mockingbird/conducter, Moc-conducting-a-train mark...)

I do like that the C, being less detail-intensive, won't lose much when seen on a helmet and from a distance, so I guess I'll grant them that, tho.

And I believe the use of "Mocs" is supposed to be ambiguous. Mockingbirds? Maybe. Moccasins? Maybe...but don't tell anyone. Etc. Basically, if memory serves, their answer to "What's a Moc" on the site was that it simply is a "moc." Meaning they don't want to define or constrain it. Interesting concept. I'm kinda fond of that lil' school just 100 miles away.

However, that new sleeve striping kinda bothers me. Only thing that nags me about an otherwise decent jersey from (gasp!) Russell Athletic.

Oh, and does anyone else think that old spear helmet is absolutely amazing?

AUSPole.pngWAT2nd.png

Go Gators. Go Blue Raiders. Go Commodores. Go USC Trojans.

Preds & Avs.

Braves, Rays, & Dodgers.

Titans, Colts, Broncos, Cardinals.

Grizzlies. 14ers, Jam.

Team Spirit + Laziness = Yay.

Archived