2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ugh. i HATE the C and A on the right chest. brutal.

and can we make a rule that we dont post the same stupid canucks design variations daily? especially the one with the workdmark above the logo like that. the only reason ANYONE thinks that's a possibility is because of that comic mockup of the whale for a kids club, in a random jersey with vintage and modern colors. it meant NOTHING.

That logo for the redwings jersey sits way too high, it looks like a freakin bib.

And yet, it's no higher than normal.

If it's no higher than normal, then why put the C on the right side all of a sudden? I mean people are saying the wing is in the way to put the C on the left side, yet it wasn't a problem up until this re-design which really isn't much of a re-design for the wings in the first place. It's not bitching, it's just an odd look. I love tradition, it'll be weird to see the C on the right side as that aspect of the wings jersey was way beyond my time, the left side is what i'm used to in seeing the Captain's C.

That's all. People seem to want to get their arms up and cry like whiny lil *****es, be my guest.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

They claim the fabric of the edge wont allow for the C/A to go on the left.

Dan

Looking at the jerseys, this excuse is the only one i've heard used for the wings design. First if you look close at the other jerseys, the middle part is the same material, when you get to the lats and armpit sides, it changes to a different material, allowing you to use the C on the left side still. So i'm not buying the material excuse, not unless the wings have some special zig-zig stitching pattern that totally screws with how they are to put numbers and letters on their jersey.

IF you can put it on the right side in that spot, the left side has the same material in that same spot, to say it doesn't...is just, well, stupid. Seriously...

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

jerseysplash2.gif

Seeing this actually gives this :

I just saw this on another board, thoughts?

2001058819840255463_rs.jpg

a shot because of the lacing and the colors look pretty similar

That's been proven fake. My guess they will look like the Quad City (the Flames ahl team) uniforms that we have seen. They are similar to the current set except the addition of piping and the bottom stripes don't connect.

capnFLA2.jpg

jerseysplash2.gif

Seeing this actually gives this :

I just saw this on another board, thoughts?

2001058819840255463_rs.jpg

a shot because of the lacing and the colors look pretty similar

their new jerseys there wouldn't be to bad if not for the vertical stripes and the burnt C.

as for the wings, it doesn't bother me since they actually have a history of wearing the C like that. So as a result of edge logistics problems, they go retro. Now how is NHL 08 going to go about making a C on the player right/viewer left? because the jerseys is going to be inaccurate as hell.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Dan

Looking at the jerseys, this excuse is the only one i've heard used for the wings design. First if you look close at the other jerseys, the middle part is the same material, when you get to the lats and armpit sides, it changes to a different material, allowing you to use the C on the left side still. So i'm not buying the material excuse, not unless the wings have some special zig-zig stitching pattern that totally screws with how they are to put numbers and letters on their jersey.

IF you can put it on the right side in that spot, the left side has the same material in that same spot, to say it doesn't...is just, well, stupid. Seriously...

The jerseys are constructed differently that the now old ones were. As mentioned in the article it is constructed using different panels including a side panel that curves toward the collar as you get to the top. Because of the shape of the logo (it is diagonally) there is no room for the captains letter on the usual side with out it going over a seem which is a problem. However it can go on the other side because again the logo is diagonal and thus the area where the letter goes is unoccupied. On the old jersey it could fit on the usual side because that panel didn't exist.

Dan

What happens if they have to add a conference patch or something? If it's not clear by now that RBK didn't think about the big picture people will never get it.

Put it on the shoulder which the Red Wings have done in the past (1998 Final comes to mid when the Wings wore 2 patches).

I dont think detroit will be the only team with the C on the right.

Capitals?

Rangers?

and where will they put it on the preds and panthers jerseys. i dont see much if any room

How are the Rangers going to fit the C on the right side of the jersey?

I don't see what's so difficult with putting the C in the regular spot. Is it that difficult to sew over a seam? The Oilers jersey nameplates have overlapped the shoulder seam for the past several seasons. A better example, Look at Patrick Marleau with that C on the front of the San Jose jersey with that mesh fabric beisde the collar.

Also, did anyone notice just how far up the sleeve the numbers are? Before they used to be almost immediately above the white stripe on the sleeve, now they're a couple inches above it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

That logo for the redwings jersey sits way too high, it looks like a freakin bib.

And yet, it's no higher than normal.

If it's no higher than normal, then why put the C on the right side all of a sudden? I mean people are saying the wing is in the way to put the C on the left side, yet it wasn't a problem up until this re-design which really isn't much of a re-design for the wings in the first place. It's not bitching, it's just an odd look. I love tradition, it'll be weird to see the C on the right side as that aspect of the wings jersey was way beyond my time, the left side is what i'm used to in seeing the Captain's C.

That's all. People seem to want to get their arms up and cry like whiny lil *****es, be my guest.

Dan

Wow, I thought it was common sense for everyone to understand that. But I guess I'm wrong.

The C is able to go on the right side (player's right side) because of the increased room between the armpit material to the wheel of the logo. Common logic leads me, or anyone else not whining about this issue to believe that the wing part of the logo is higher than the wheel part, thus leaving less space in that area between the logo itself and the armpit material.

No other team's logo reaches as high as Detroit's wing part of the logo does, so it's apparently going to be the only team doing it. Yeah, it looks weird, but get over it, it's a minor change. Nothing for you to cry about.

Or are you just digging for things to bitch about?

Wade-sig.png

Thank you, MVP. It's a really minor switch, the sky is not falling. People talking about how 'it wasnt like that in the past' need to understand, this is not the past anymore. They are using new fabric, new everything. Maybe if it sews on the fabric used on the arm, the patch comes off easily. Im sure there is a good reason. RBK isn't 'screwing up the NHL' for fun.

Oh give it a rest MVP, whining? Yeah i don't think so.

Here's an example, this template, the way this jersey is sewn if you take out the colours and the Rangers lettering down the jersey, picture it in your head.

capnRAN1.jpg

Now look at the jersey, without the weird angle or any of that crap, the first unveiling through that pdf...the C can still fit if . They never had this problem, till they made it a problem by putting the logo a little higher to slide the C over to the right (how they used to have it back in the day, 50's and what not). Looking at the older jersey (further below in the post), the logo has been at the same height, i even had to go find my Yzerman jersey from my closet to compare, the C is close to the logo, never seemed to be a problem. It can still be in the same spot if you look at the rangers jersey and the spot it can fit. Also the whole Marleau's jersey argument and so forth.

capnRED1.jpg

For years, this was fine, it worked, it still can. I hope no other team puts it on the right side, let detroit keep that look...might keep with making them look unique, whatever reason you want to spin it, with tradition, less space, or whatever.

p321688reg.jpg

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Here's an example, this template, the way this jersey is sewn if you take out the colours and the Rangers lettering down the jersey, picture it in your head.

capnRAN1.jpg

Now look at the jersey, without the weird angle or any of that crap, the first unveiling through that pdf...the C can still fit if . They never had this problem, till they made it a problem by putting the logo a little higher to slide the C over to the right (how they used to have it back in the day, 50's and what not). Looking at the older jersey (further below in the post), the logo has been at the same height, i even had to go find my Yzerman jersey from my closet to compare, the C is close to the logo, never seemed to be a problem. It can still be in the same spot if you look at the rangers jersey and the spot it can fit. Also the whole Marleau's jersey argument and so forth.

capnRED1.jpg

For years, this was fine, it worked, it still can. I hope no other team puts it on the right side, let detroit keep that look...might keep with making them look unique, whatever reason you want to spin it, with tradition, less space, or whatever.

p321688reg.jpg

u do realise those pictures of the jerseys dont actually have the logo sewn onto the jersey itself.. its digitally placed on so there less flaws in the picture.. thats y its different from a real jersey

AHHHHH!

I don't like it at all!

Really? I get the point of this board, but I think given the constraints of the template, the Red Wings really did a great job here of maintaining tradition. Consternation over the place of the "C" seems a bit much.

I love the jersey and yah they did do a great job. I just don't like the C on that side. It's simple some of us will, some won't no need for us to bicker out it as some have been.

untitled-6.jpg

AHHHHH!

I don't like it at all!

Really? I get the point of this board, but I think given the constraints of the template, the Red Wings really did a great job here of maintaining tradition. Consternation over the place of the "C" seems a bit much.

I love the jersey and yah they did do a great job. I just don't like the C on that side. It's simple some of us will, some won't no need for us to bicker out it as some have been.

untitled-6.jpg

capnRAN1.jpg

capnRED1.jpg

p321688reg.jpg

The fact that you actually used comparisons between the EDGE jersey and the old jerseys completely tells me that you have no idea what the problem is.

Look at the Rangers jersey and where the R of the wordmark starts. That's the basic height of the C/A. Translate that height to the Red Wings jersey, and the R is in conflict with the tip of the wing. Don't look at the digital PDF document, use the real manufactured jersey. What is more reliable, a low-quality digital advertisment or a real sample with sewn-on material?

6g353ex.png

I even DREW the line on where the material changes if you are actually too blind to see. I took the exact same C from the opposite side and pasted on this side. It clearly overlaps on the tip of the wing AND intersects the change in material.

Of course it was fine before. It was fine before because the material were the same! There's a reason why the RAngers had to move the whole wordmark over a couple inches, because the original wordmark would be intersecting the different materials. That is the same reason why the C's will be moved over a bit for every team, and why the Wings have to move it over on the other side because of the tip of their own logo.

Get a freakin' clue.

And stop whining. But if you're still too blind to see it and too ignorant to understand what the problem is, then go ahead and keep bitching. And by reading other responses towards the bitching and whining, I'm not alone.

Wade-sig.png

Whine, bicker, be a child, resort to name calling all you want mvp...

the redwings jersey is that old classic "change for the sake of change"...they didn't change a thing on their jersey, so figured, lets put it on the other side, people will justify it however the hell they choose to.

That's enough about that.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

Archived