2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you've ever played hockey you know how confusing it can be when a team has white jerseys with colored sleeves. When you only have a split second to make a decision on where to pass the puck you depend on the quick glance to see who is open. I'm afraid the Islanders colored sleeves on the white jerseys may cause some serious problems with those situations. Don't be surprised to see a few "bad" passes by the home team during Islanders road games.

How many other teams in the NHL have ORANGE home uniforms?

Sorry Roger, I should have been more specific. It's not the color as much as it is that it is colored. When you have to glance up in a split second to see which players are wearing white, a dark sleeve can cause confusion. I don't think the Islanders home jerseys will cause a problem because even though the sleeves are multicolored, they are still colored. But the white jersey with dark sleeves can cause confusion, especially for defensemen digging the puck out of the corner with little to no time to make the decision on who to pass it to.

Just an observation from experience.

I agree with tomhunter on this. Color doesn't matter. Its what's white and whats dark. On the ice it can be a black and white world. I think that there may be a little bit more hesitation with passes this year.

One of San Jose or Tampa would be my guess. We haven't seen the sharks actual jerseys, just the many logos, yet have we?
We've seen them like this:

capnSHA2.jpg

I missed that being discussed before. What was the source of that Sharks photo?

These are from the page 56 in this thread:

These photos were posted on HFboards:

sjpho.jpg

oilers_leak.jpg

So that 2nd pic is an Oilers leak? You can tell by the baby blue mask....the jersey looks to be the same as the Preds template....meh

Ottawa sort of leak, but I doubt those are the real jerseys. The old jerseys are in the video as well and the centre ice logo is still the old one.

Where do you see anything close to a leak?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Those are all last years uniforms and logos. There are shots of Washington vs. Columbus in there too. Maybe that's what you're mistaking for the leak.

No, at the beginning of the video when he is stickhandling and whatnot, that's a jersey they have never worn...

Ottawa sort of leak, but I doubt those are the real jerseys. The old jerseys are in the video as well and the centre ice logo is still the old one.

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Those are all last years uniforms and logos. There are shots of Washington vs. Columbus in there too. Maybe that's what you're mistaking for the leak.

No, at the beginning of the video when he is stickhandling and whatnot, that's a jersey they have never worn...

UH yes they have. Do you watch hockey at all?

Hi, how are you?

UH yes they have. Do you watch hockey at all?

Yeah, uh, they've been using the black alt with the gold laurel leaf striping since about 2001-2002.

LOL!

66ca9mu.png

Wade-sig.png

Archived