2007-2008 NHL Logos & Uniforms

BBM

Ottawa sort of leak, but I doubt those are the real jerseys. The old jerseys are in the video as well and the centre ice logo is still the old one.

Where do you see anything close to a leak?

Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. Those are all last years uniforms and logos. There are shots of Washington vs. Columbus in there too. Maybe that's what you're mistaking for the leak.

No, at the beginning of the video when he is stickhandling and whatnot, that's a jersey they have never worn...

UH yes they have. Do you watch hockey at all?

Is it alright if I don't watch the Sens, O Great Hockey God?

Not if your stating that the Senators have never worn a jersey that has been in use for quite some time.

-Signed, Hockey God-

Here, let me quote myself.

but I doubt those are the real jerseys

Good enough for you?

that has nothing to do with the specific arguement I brought up, you stated; "that's a jersey they have never worn..." I was saying that you were wrong. I knew that you doubted they were the new jerseys, but you still said that they had never worn those jerseys after a few people told you that they were alternates.

So to answer your question, no. It's not good enough.

-Signed Hockey God.-

Hi, how are you?

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hows this from the Canucks forum?
I've crested the logo a bit but I can't replicate the bright shiny silver of the grey. The uni itself is very simplistic, with Vintage blue, navy blue, and metallic silver. The word "Vancouver" appears over the logo on the white away uniform while the Vintage blue coloured home has "Canucks" in big letters above this logo. The example I saw had NO Shoulder logos so I can't comment on whether reports of the hockey stick is there or not but I'm being led to believe they are NOT. Outside of the gayazzed lettering the unis are awesome. In my opinion it ruins the whole damn thing and makes em look like some dumbazz designed em who doesn't or has NEVER seen hockey before in his life and thought it would be a good idea for fans of other cities to know who we are as well as out own(despite the fact the constipated orca does that good enough on it's own). Eliminate the stupid letters and the unis become the canucks all time best right off. With em they suck bubkus...(and yes that teaser of longo is authentic. The rbk collar is used on both, sorry no tie downs...9which also lends credince to no shoulder logos)

New logo...crested...minus super shiny silver metallic grey...

Official0708CanuckLogo2.jpg

Unlike last year's logo where the whale looks to be flying out of the Pacific...this whale looks like it's flying out of an ice flow or a glacier.

What is weird is the logo I saw had the silver and the white reversed. It also had only one shade of blue that I could notice... There is also a shoulder logo...

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I've crested the logo a bit but I can't replicate the bright shiny silver of the grey. The uni itself is very simplistic, with Vintage blue, navy blue, and metallic silver. The word "Vancouver" appears over the logo on the white away uniform while the Vintage blue coloured home has "Canucks" in big letters above this logo. The example I saw had NO Shoulder logos so I can't comment on whether reports of the hockey stick is there or not but I'm being led to believe they are NOT. Outside of the gayazzed lettering the unis are awesome. In my opinion it ruins the whole damn thing and makes em look like some dumbazz designed em who doesn't or has NEVER seen hockey before in his life and thought it would be a good idea for fans of other cities to know who we are as well as out own(despite the fact the constipated orca does that good enough on it's own). Eliminate the stupid letters and the unis become the canucks all time best right off. With em they suck bubkus...(and yes that teaser of longo is authentic. The rbk collar is used on both, sorry no tie downs...9which also lends credince to no shoulder logos)

Unlike last year's logo where the whale looks to be flying out of the Pacific...this whale looks like it's flying out of an ice flow or a glacier.

What is weird is the logo I saw had the silver and the white reversed. It also had only one shade of blue that I could notice... There is also a shoulder logo...

It could be a fake considering the original Canucks poster uses the word (well it's not an actual word) gayazzed. There is no real detail outside of the Vancouver and Canucks scripts which have been rumored.

It could be a fake considering the original Canucks poster uses the word (well it's not an actual word) gayazzed. There is no real detail outside of the Vancouver and Canucks scripts which have been rumored.

It isnt. Considering I held this product in my hand and that it was blue, green, white and silver with two logos and a script on it... It isn't a fake. Other people will soon be able to vouch for me that what I saw is in fact the real deal as I have pictures of it, just not ones I plan on posting on the internet at the moment. In a few days I will know if I should give a sneak preview to dying Canucks fans or not.

Your logo is inconsistant with the one I have seen. There is only one shade of blue used in it along with white and silver outlines.

EDIT: Here, I'll be nice. Instead of posting my pic at the moment, I'll post another which is already up on the net. The logo I have seen is the same that is on this hat (white C, silver outline, dark blue whale). The light blue hat it is on does not appear anywhere in the logo itself or anywhere else on the product I have seen. It is only the dark blue, white and silver. As for the shoulder logo, just imagine the old stick n' rink in green, blue, white and silver with blue being the base colour.

http://nhllogos.blogspot.com/2007/08/canuc...ogo-leaked.html - The hat/logo

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Because Korbyn Is Colour Blind, My Signature Is Now Idiot Proof - Thanks Again Braden!!

Go Leafs Go!

I hope to post a pic tomorrow... but we shall see, the one I have right now isn't the best and I could probably get a much, much better one tomorrow, as well as some other goodies. So be paitent and don't harass me or I wont do it.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Slim look for Canucks all sewn up

Much anticipated but under lock and key until unveiling next week

Jim Jamieson, The Province

Published: Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It's top secret.

The Vancouver Canucks will unveil their new jersey design Aug. 29, the first revamp since 1997, but because of iron-clad security surrounding the event and the fact suppliers, retailers and all other stakeholders have signed non-disclosure agreements to keep silent, we can't tell you what it looks like.

What we can tell you, though, is the following about the fifth incarnation of Canucks colours:

- In keeping with the "RBK Edge" uniforms, which will be worn by all 30 NHL teams this season, the jersey will have a slimmer look and are expected to have vertical trim instead of horizontal.

- According to a source in the apparel industry, the new look will retain the Free Willy logo, but with fewer colours and Vancouver spelled in an arc out over the top of it. The same source said the 'hockey-stick-in-rink logo' that is the Canucks' original and adorned the team's retro-jersey will be used as shoulder patches, but with some modifications.

- It's expected the main colours will be changed to the lighter blue and green of the aforementioned retro-jersey.

Of course, none of this can be confirmed until the Canucks officially show their new look next week, but we did ask independent fashion designer Isabelle Dunlop for her thoughts on the confirmed and expected changes.

"The slimmer look is definitely better," said Dunlop, an admitted hockey fan. "It will give it a more modern look. These guys are fit, they're athletes, so show the product. There are a lot of girls who like to watch hockey."

She said vertical striping will give the jersey a further slimming look.

As for the speculated colour change, Dunlop gave it thumbs up.

"I have such a soft spot for the old colours, the navy and green -- they're classic," she said. "Fantastic, they work really well. Navy is hitting the fashion world right now. That's brilliant."

Asked which Canucks player she might pick to model the uniform, she chose Trevor Linden, who actually hasn't re-signed with the Canucks yet -- unless he secretly did so in the last couple of days -- but you get the idea.

"Linden would be a good choice, he's nice and tall," she said. "I think he embodies the look you want."

Tim Silk, a professor of marketing at University of B.C.'s Sauder School of Business, said there's always a danger in changing the look of a uniform that is already popular.

"I believe there is a pretty high satisfaction level with the look," he said. "But I think it's pretty neat that when you go to a game you have so many different jerseys [worn by fans] in the arena. It gives you a great sense of history."

Silk said he hopes that the team keeps the orca killer-whale logo.

"I know people love having the orca in the logo and the native design is really positive," he said. "It expresses the characteristics of the market it's in probably more than any other NHL jersey."

Of course, a new design also leads to ramped-up sales because any true Canucks fan wants to have the latest colours to wear.

"There has been a ton of interest amongst the kids and a lot of women," said Danny Luongo (no relation to Roberto) of Larry's Sports in North Vancouver. "There's so much street talk, it's crazy. We do a lot of business in jerseys, especially at Christmas. We'll see a bump up as a result of this."

After all, isn't that what this is all about?

I saw, I came, I left.

- It's expected the main colours will be changed to the lighter blue and green of the aforementioned retro-jersey.

The blue in question is really not that light... its pretty dark and really contrasts with the brighter green. The blue in the logo that I saw was very very very dark.

As for the shoulder logo being the stick n' rink but slightly modified, it is consistant with the secondary logo I also saw. It resembles the old shoulder patches more (more square than rectangle; more outlines; looks a little more like a 'C') than the original crest logo.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

^ Agreed completely.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I hope to post a pic tomorrow... but we shall see, the one I have right now isn't the best and I could probably get a much, much better one tomorrow, as well as some other goodies. So be paitent and don't harass me or I wont do it.

You know, Pantone tends to handle these situations with a little bit more grace. Don't do it. I don't care.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

It isnt. Considering I held this product in my hand and that it was blue, green, white and silver with two logos and a script on it... It isn't a fake. Other people will soon be able to vouch for me that what I saw is in fact the real deal as I have pictures of it, just not ones I plan on posting on the internet at the moment. In a few days I will know if I should give a sneak preview to dying Canucks fans or not.

I meant the logo pictured above that you said was different from what you saw not the logo that you saw.

You know, Pantone tends to handle these situations with a little bit more grace. Don't do it. I don't care.

My thoughts exactly. While reading his post I was picturing a snotty little kid at the playground who won't share his shiny new Tonka truck.

Im tired of people saying "Oh it looks like this, I have a source." Post a damn pic so we no your not bull :censored:ting us.

Completely agree. Saying that you've seen it means nothing to us, if you don't prove it...

My source says the Canucks jerseys are nothing like you've described!!!

Juventus.png

Im tired of people saying "Oh it looks like this, I have a source." Post a damn pic so we no your not bull :censored:ting us.

Yeah post a damn pic so you can potentially get yourself and this community in a lot of crap... all so guys like Pritch here can sleep at night.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Yeah post a damn pic so you can potentially get yourself and this community in a lot of crap... all so guys like Pritch here can sleep at night.

:D OWNED!

Hi, how are you?

I'll show ya tonight if you would like then you could vouch for me that I am not full of it.

I also posted a pic incase you didn't see the link. I posted one that was already on another site and all I am saying is that what I have seen is pretty much just like that, supporting the validity of that pic. Geez, people just can't read sometimes.

neonmatrix_leafs2.gif

Go Leafs Go!

Senators set to launch updated logos and new jersey

Staff Writer Ottawa Senators

Aug 21, 2007, 12:03 PM EDT

The 1905 Stanley Cup-winning Ottawa Senators, pictured on the right, sported jerseys with distinctive red, white and black horizontal stripes. The original Senators franchise won 11 in Stanley Cups in all. Now the modern-day team is ready for a new look in Ottawa's quest for its 12th Stanley Cup championship. Jason Spezza, Chris Neil, Chris Kelly and Brian McGrattan will be ready to help launch the club's updated logo and new jersey on Wednesday, Aug. 22 (complete event information).

"A New Era Begins" for the Senators and their fans tomorrow at 4 p.m., with festivities beginning outside Scotiabank Place at Gate 1. Doors will open at 5 p.m. so everyone can get their seat for the unveiling at 6:15 p.m.

The first 5,000 fans through the doors will receive a free T-shirt celebrating the new era.

The introduction of the updated Senators logo comes in conjunction with the launch of the new Rbk EDGE Uniform System?, adopted League-wide for the 2007?08 NHL season. Following more than two years of research and development, new uniforms are being brought in to enhance player performance and increase player protection and safety.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don;t know why they're refering to the 1905 Senators, a possible hint of what is coming?

Hi, how are you?

Senators set to launch updated logos and new jersey

Staff Writer Ottawa Senators

Aug 21, 2007, 12:03 PM EDT

The 1905 Stanley Cup-winning Ottawa Senators, pictured on the right, sported jerseys with distinctive red, white and black horizontal stripes. The original Senators franchise won 11 in Stanley Cups in all. Now the modern-day team is ready for a new look in Ottawa's quest for its 12th Stanley Cup championship. Jason Spezza, Chris Neil, Chris Kelly and Brian McGrattan will be ready to help launch the club's updated logo and new jersey on Wednesday, Aug. 22 (complete event information).

"A New Era Begins" for the Senators and their fans tomorrow at 4 p.m., with festivities beginning outside Scotiabank Place at Gate 1. Doors will open at 5 p.m. so everyone can get their seat for the unveiling at 6:15 p.m.

The first 5,000 fans through the doors will receive a free T-shirt celebrating the new era.

The introduction of the updated Senators logo comes in conjunction with the launch of the new Rbk EDGE Uniform System?, adopted League-wide for the 2007?08 NHL season. Following more than two years of research and development, new uniforms are being brought in to enhance player performance and increase player protection and safety.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don;t know why they're refering to the 1905 Senators, a possible hint of what is coming?

I highly, highly doubt it.

But cue the "The original Senators team has nothing to do with the new one." and "They're not the same team!"

Archived