San Jose Sharks Logo Concept

Davidson

:censored:ed if im gonna be left out on this one.

few changes to a couple of concepts a did a couple of weeks ago.

the flat shark is from another logo, the curved shark is making a debut.

spot the orange.

/fd

sjsharks.jpg

I like how the shark fin is the "A" and that the orange is used just in the eye. It's hard to see but it's there, maybe make the eyes a little bigger? Otherwise, i love it.

You should show it in the old teal that the shark's first used as well, just as a comparison i guess. Other than that, i like it, it's nice, although, not sure about that silver/gray in the SHARKS that looks like a moon or sun.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I like how the shark fin is the "A" and that the orange is used just in the eye. It's hard to see but it's there, maybe make the eyes a little bigger? Otherwise, i love it.

You should show it in the old teal that the shark's first used as well, just as a comparison i guess. Other than that, i like it, it's nice, although, not sure about that silver/gray in the SHARKS that looks like a moon or sun.

yeah the eye might look a little pokey when the logo is smaller.

whats the old teal, i couldnt find that sight with all the old pantone refs. anybody point a brother in the right direction?

the text is a bit of a trouble, i was basically trying to continue the curves from the shark logo into the text so they looked a bit less

plonked together. ill have a think about it.

ka kite ano

davo

Now that's awesome. I didn't like that curve that went into the lettering because it felt like overkill, like you were forcing the curve on the people as if to say look see it curves!! But without it, it's awesome, it was awesome before but now i really can't suggest anything to change.

LETS GO PENGUINS!

5x Stanley Cup Champions

I like where it is now. Very godo design. Motion, Simplicity all in one. I would say even go further.

Really dont need the extra gray highlight on the white. Also the Half outline throws me off, would love to see it go fully around. The right fin shoudl show all the way adding extra blue and definition.

Just my .02

i really hate logos spoiled by outlining everything. it adds nothing to the design and more often than not just distracts from it. on the shark, its just there as a highlight so buffer the black from the black background and make teeth etc stand out.

It's a fantastic logo. Really implies movement and motion. I especially love how it can be placed on both a black and a white background without the need for differentiating outline around it.

I'd be interested to see how it would work on the jersey.

HURRICANES | PANTHERS | WHITE SOX | WOLFPACK

Looks great as always....

I found this logo and it reminds me alot of your other shark concepts and the head of your current shark:

Theirs: shark_logo.gif

Yours: AFFL_dunwoody_sharks.jpg

Then there is this logo which uses alot of your positioning:

SHARK_logo.gif

I was just curious to see if you had seen these logos before or if you used them as inspiration or something along those lines....

GFB

BUSTED! ahah no, they are similar, but I doubt Davidson used em. Maybe as inspiration.

He is one of the greater designers on this board, along with yourself.

I don't really know. If you flip that Dunwood Shark, his original concept. It almost lines up perfect with the Sale Shark logo. Just some of the lines are different. The new logo borrows from the old one which is a steal of the Sale Shark in my opinion.

BUSTED! ahah no, they are similar, but I doubt Davidson used em. Maybe as inspiration.

He is one of the greater designers on this board, along with yourself.

It wasn't meant like that. I was wondering if had seen those two logos before or if they were his muse....

Besides, Davidson's versions literally blow both out of the water. ^_^

totally, the first shark is just an old sale sharks logo do up from a while back.

the curved over one takes the head from that.

the shark fin is a very old shark logo cliche. but i like it.

the sale logo would be great if they used it as is. however they play in all navy blue and so the first thing they do is

invert the logo making it instantly lose the shadow created within the logo.

totally, the first shark is just an old sale sharks logo do up from a while back.

the curved over one takes the head from that.

the shark fin is a very old shark logo cliche. but i like it.

the sale logo would be great if they used it as is. however they play in all navy blue and so the first thing they do is

invert the logo making it instantly lose the shadow created within the logo.

hmm... How would your sale shark be different than theirs? (shadow wise) Just curious....

One thing that just kinda hit be about your SJ Sharks logo is that the rear fin is in an awkward position in accordance with the shape of the back. It makes it look like a dolphin rear fin (which is perpindicular to it's back) rather than a shark's rear fin (parallel to the back). Almost a Free Willie type effect, but it's the only immediate thing I would change....

well its a start point really i guess. something i never really finished that i ended up using (with a bunch of other similar things

from canterbury crusaders etc) for that affl stuff. i guess its not a widely known logo your kneck of the woods, so sorry if by

posting it in that form it seems real shady. it was really a start point for the curved logo and subsequent bits and bobs.

yeah, im not too keen on the tail, i dont think it looks that good on the black.

Archived