Nike commercial featuring Chargers & LT

jojotarantino

An issue that was brought to my attention after seeing the L.T. commecial for the 5th time:

The background of the endzone has the familiar Chargers helmet with lightning on a blue background.

But the helmet itself is the old navy with white and yellow bolt on it, rather than the new white helmet with yellow bolt.

Do you think/know that they'll change their field walls for this year or leave up last years?

I would assume that the walls of the Q will all be changed to the new logo stuff. This commercial was filmed several weeks before training camp. They probably didn't have the time to get all the new stuff made up. We'll know for sure this sunday. They are hosting the Seahawks on NBC.

My biggest comment is that I am shocked that Nike got permission to do a commercial using NFL merchandise and logos. If I was Reebok I would be steamed. They are THE manufacturer of the NFL, this commercial makes it fuzzy what they are even advertising.

It's simply a brand commercial. They're advertising the Nike brand name and their association with the NFL and the players involved. "Nike's cool cause LT wears their stuff." That's all it is.

BB52Big.jpg

Once again I must protest to my beloved ones being in all white!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwww ugly!

You don't like that?

It reminds me of the days of the great Gayle Sayers and Payton's early years.

No I really love the dark blue pants with the white tops. Those all white uni's only remind me of how bad the beloved were back then. Though Payton and Sayers wore them only increases the pain. Plus I have nightmares of a rotund Noah Jackson looking like the stay puff marshmallow man. All white just doesn't look good on the beloved ones.

donm.gif

Gordon-Tech-Rams.png

Once again I must protest to my beloved ones being in all white!!! Ewwwwwwwwwwww ugly!

You don't like that?

No I really love the dark blue pants with the white tops. Those all white uni's only remind me of how bad the beloved were back then. Though Payton and Sayers wore them only increases the pain. Plus I have nightmares of a rotund Noah Jackson looking like the stay puff marshmallow man. All white just doesn't look good on the beloved ones.

This Packer fan thinks the Bears uniforms look better when wearing the white pants, not the navy ones. The navy pants look too much like kids' jammies to me (same goes for the Lions and their thankfully extinct blue pants).

It's where I sit.

Personally, I think the Bears look sharp no matter what they put on (except for that orange alt...which I absolutely detest.)

But IMO, they look better with the blue pants, because the blue-white-blue just makes sense to me.

You don't like that?

This Packer fan thinks the Bears uniforms look better when wearing the white pants, not the navy ones. The navy pants look too much like kids' jammies to me (same goes for the Lions and their thankfully extinct blue pants).

I kind of liked the all white combo because it shows all of the mud and grass stains. Kind of reminds me of that pic I have somewhere of Butkus standing there with his hands on his sides, dressed in the all white uni covered in mud and guts. Thats pretty bad ass IMO. You don't get that look much anymore....especially not in Ford Field or the Metrodome.

You don't like that?

I kind of liked the all white combo because it shows all of the mud and grass stains. Kind of reminds me of that pic I have somewhere of Butkus standing there with his hands on his sides, dressed in the all white uni covered in mud and guts. Thats pretty bad ass IMO. You don't get that look much anymore....especially not in Ford Field or the Metrodome.

Kind of like this - beautiful:

Butkus2.jpg

Who needs a helmet - I'm Dick Butkus!

Butkus1.jpg

It's where I sit.

You don't like that?

Kind of like this - beautiful:

Butkus2.jpg

Who needs a helmet - I'm Dick Butkus!

Butkus1.jpg

Now that is what football was meant to be!

Archived