95-99 Patriots jersey

Discrim

...i've had this numberless Patriots "double Elvis" replica home since June of 2001, and I've always wanted to slap some numbers on this thing. I figure either Wednesday or Thursday I'll finally do it...and if you're wondering how, basically there's nothing on this thing except the patriots on the shoulders, so I'm gettin numbers, obviously, the Pats wordmark under the collar, and the name on the back printed out...heh, if I'd gotten two back then, or you'd asked me before a couple weeks ago, this would be a very easy decision, but I might turn this into a fantasy variant, cus I'm strongly considering a different font from what was actually used. As this is Creamer's, fittingly here's the fonts and colorations I'm considering using:

Patsnumbering.png

option A, of course, is what was actually worn. B, C and D are the current font, E and F use the 93-94 numbers, G and J use the Nationals font, H uses the Red Sox numbers and I uses the similar Beantown. Aside from the Nats numbers, I figure I could use any of these colorations for any of these numbers, so as the old saying goes, decisions, decisions. heh, this is gonna be a tough one, I like most of em.

ps, the reason the 93-94 numbers have shadow is cus of a tee I have commemorating Super Bowl XXXI, it got Favre and Bledsoe on it, and Bledsoe's jersey has the 93-94 numbers on the double Elvis jersey, complete with the 95-99 shadow...even though it was off, I thought it looked kinda cool that way, so I been leanin towards that...eh well, Creamerboard, help a brother out :)

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Go with Option A and Sam Gash.

Don't get your own name on the jersey, you'll look like a tool.

And just out of curiosity, why would you put a Nationals number on a Patriots jersey? I can undertand the Sox, I can even see the current Pats numbers, but why the Nats?

Just keep in mind that the 93-4 jerseys were different from the double flying Elvis ones.

I'm not a big fan of mismatching fonts and jersey styles. I'd go with the Sam Gash one as well. True Pats fans still appreciate what he did for the team and how his presence was missed in the Superbowl in 96...

(BTW, I have a pro model 1997 white Bledsoe in my collection).

patriotssignature.png

Don't get your own name on the jersey, you'll look like a tool.

And just out of curiosity, why would you put a Nationals number on a Patriots jersey? I can undertand the Sox, I can even see the current Pats numbers, but why the Nats?

on the own name thing, depends on the name IMO. about the Nats numbers, what can I say, I love them beveled numbers.

Just keep in mind that the 93-4 jerseys were different from the double flying Elvis ones.

yeah, I know...heh, til a few weeks ago only thing I couldn't decide on was the player. the consensus so far seems to be to go with my original plan of what they had, so I'll keep takin suggestions...heh, so many ideas, only one jersey :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

I giggle everytime I see the word Gash, so I'd go with that one.

Option A.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Option A

And if you don't want Cole's excellent suggestion of Curtis Martin, I'll also put forward #16 "Beam Me Up" Scotty Zolak

He was a backup to my guy Hugh Millen. then to Bledsoe at the Patriots.

Had he been around, he'd be backup to Brady, but he moved to Miami where he was backup to some guy called Marino.

Zolak.gif

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

alright, you guys convinced me, when I post the finished jersey tomorrow, the numbers will be in the actual font...I figure I'll put the other ideas to use on another jersey, but for now they're back in the file cabinet. now the only decision is whose number goes on....I might go with what seems to be the consensus, Sam Gash, either him or I'll surprise yall.

2016cubscreamsig.png

alright, here we go...the moment yall been waiting for...but first, I'll show the before pics:

beforefront.jpg

beforeback.jpg

heh, I decided to go and surprise yall...and so the mystery Patriot is...:ninja:

afterfront.jpg

aftersleeve.jpg

afterback.jpg

everything that was added is colorfast twill. admittedly, the numbers weren't cut as precisely as they coulda been cus I was too damn impatient and didn't let everything completely dry after I ran it through the water, so I got a few screwups on here (though I see folks everday who still wear jerseys with faded numbers, so it aint as bad as it coulda been). heh, when I wash tomorrow, I'll have a good idea of whether to keep it as it is or strip it as best I can.

2016cubscreamsig.png

ahaha, Ben "Winter" Coates. good choice. I was all for the Meggett choice too reading through the thread, and for keeping that era's numbers (others would look just as stupid as your own name on there), but Coates is a great choice too. Money player in the last 2D Maddens :)

harperdc.gif

Archived