I officially hate the all-star game

Steve-O

What's with the all-star game. Dud players from Dallas make up pretty much the western team! People are there who certainly shouldn't be there! This angers me! My dear buddy Ed Belfour (met him several times) was voted in as the second goalie for the Eastern team but is he there? Noooooooo! They give it to crappy ass younger goalies! This sucks! Eddie deserves to be there! Anyone know why he isn't? Or is this that bastard Bettman's fault?

Maybe Bettman's holding out to see if the Eagle will try to offer him "a billion dollars" to be put on the team, just like he tried to buy his way out of getting arrested a few years ago.

:D

Like how is Luongo there? I'm pretty sure the Panthers are sitting somewhere around 13th in the East. This is brutal some of these selections and ommissions. How isn't Brett Hull there? He has tons of points this year and it could be one of his last chances to play in the game. I really question some of these selections. No Forsberg? Honestly I could go on forever. And whats with Filip Kuba? Gimme a break.

well, the Dallas guys ar there becasue they were voted in by the fans, which is how the All-Star game works (that needs to be changed by the way)

No Forsburg? well, there are alot of guys who are having a better year than Forsburg who aren't there either. Pavol Demitra, Mike York to name a few weren't picked to be forwards either.

Kuba being appointed puzzles me alittle, he is statistically the best player, so it must be his defensive play (you know, defense men do that stuff too)

As for crappy younger goalies, the only younger guy that beat out Belfour was Loungo, who is pretty good for the team he plays for.

Vokoun desires to be there. ROloson hasn't played as much as some of the others, but he's jsut as good. I would have replaced one of them with Aebesher if I had a choice in it

Theres always going to be arguements about who should be on the All-Star team, the picks this year are particularly puzzling

I'm glad at least one Shark is there and deservedly so.  #12 Patrick Marleau!  :)

031502_marleau.jpg

Sorry, I didn't know how big it was.   :P

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

Well now the Rangers have 2 All_stars, who else has an All-Star who is on the down side of his career, so they can waste more money and go nowhere.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

zero, the rule was in effect for 1998, but then expansion came along and Bettman made it so the new teams had someone, then the other owners cried fowl, so by 2000, everyone had at least one guy there.

They did.  The only team that is guaranteed a representative is the host team.  And speaking of which, Roloson totally deserves his spot.  Filip Kuba much less so.

As for changing the voting for starters, I don't think that needs to change at all.  The All-Star Game is supposed to be a showcase, put on for the fans.  Involving the fans is not a bad thing.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Agreed, Mockba. I know my fellow Sharks fans stuffed the ballots in 2002. We got Owen Nolan and Vinny Damphousse for the North American starters and Teemu Selanne for the World starting lineup.

It's a matter of how many e-mail addresses you have and how fast you can fill in ballots. That's the fun of it all!  :D:D:D

They always pick one goalie from each division to go.

In the Atlantic, it's always obviously Brodeur.

In the Southeast, it's clearly Luongo this year.

In the Northeast, Theodore edges Belfour.

In the Central, Vokoun is a good choice.

In the Northeast, I'd have picked Kiprusoff, but Roloson is just as good and with more playing time.

The Pacific Division is the main problem.  Why did they pick Turco?  He leads the division in the Games Played department and that's it.  Boucher, Toskola and Gerber are all better than him, yet all three have only half the games played.  Nabokov has a slightly higher GAA, but a lot higher SVP.  Nabokov would have gotten my vote.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived