The The Angels Angels of Anaheim Uniforms...

ColeJ

i'm here at work, with sportscenter on tv... and i'm noticing a trend.

every night when i see the angels on sportscenter, they're wearing their red alternates... or at least i think they are.

so they wear them every game? most games? more than they should?

is it more often than not, or am i just noticing it so much because i hate them? red uniforms, with red workmarks, and red names and numbers...

that has to be my least favorite baseball jersey currently in use... and it seems like they wear it every single game.

I'm really opposed to a team wearing an alternate that often, especially the Angels' red letters on red shirt look. They should have gone with white or silver letters instead IMO. Either way, alternates should be relegated to a 'once in a while' thing.

angels wear RED EVERY time Escobar pitches..his fav. color is red so he said in an interview during spring training that he would wear REd whenever he pitches. sure enough..he has

they said its up to the pitcher..they let each pitcher choose morning of gameday

A lot of teams are wearing their alternates right now, why? Probably because they are cool base and the greys aren't made in the cool base. Now why the Angels wear their reds all the time, it's probably just to annoy me. Oh wait, it gets better, they annoy me with the red jerseys and then on top of it force me to listen to the crappy duo of Jose "Can you really understand what I'm saying?" Mota and Mark Gubiza as a play by play duo. Oh wait, that's what the power button is for. :D

You know, I actually don't mind the red jerseys. I saw them in person in Baltimore this season, and they didn't look half bad, even with the red numbers. I mean, sure, white numbers would make an improvement, but there's enough contrast in the white outline to make out the numbers.

They do wear them quite often though...definitely more than they should. They could easily do without alternates, although I'm still pulling for a navy alternate.

Those are great jerseys, especially in person. Can't wait to add a game worn one to my collection.

And if they're hurting your eyes when you watch 'em on TV, your set is probably maladjusted! :P

Archived