New York Jets Logos

scottysprings

I feel obligated to make a logo for the jets because of that mess on the side of their helmets now. I tried to make a new interpretation on the past jets helmet logo but decided to keep the jets typeface. Which do you guys like better, the straight "j" logo or the logo with the curved "j"? Also, i made a head on view of a jet that could be cool for promotional items and advertisements. Obviously it's really plain because i haven't really figured out a way to do shading and such. After people tell me which "jets" logo they like better, I'll post a somewhat updated uniform concept. One final thing, the greens used are supposed to be darker but they got a lot lighter when i transfered them over from illustrator to photoshop...

jets.png

The head on view is well executed but wouldn't work for the Jets or a football team in general, in my opinion. As a secondary maybe (do football teams have secondaries?). Out of the wordmarks the straight edge one is far better. The jet has sharp, straight edges so the wordmark should have the same.

"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

I tweet & tumble.

I think I agree with everyone on the straight edged logo. For some reason it looks a lot cleaner if you get me...

nyjet88: I know the logo is very similar to their old helmet logo. Mine is so similar for two reasons-

1) I like the general concept of the original logo but the font and design was too "trendy", for lack of a better word, and got quickly outdated.

it didn't live to its fullest potential...

2) I didn't have many other ideas

Another thing is that I've tried in the past to use a jet as the actual logo but has been fairly unsuccessful. I tried putting the promo logo on a

helmet template and for some reason the head on view of the jet looks strange. I really wish it were easier to make "logoish" but I'll keep trying

to make it work...

nyy3351: I've never seen that logo before and although it's a bit too cartoony for my tastes, maybe it can help me work out the angles for shading and

such...

spartacat: Obviously, both are "real" logos but the current Jets helmet logo, to me, poorly represents the team. I love the Jets with all my heart but

honestly they have one of the weakest logo identities in the NFL. Look at (most of) the other 31 NFL teams and how their helmet logos either

solidly represent their team name or are iconic enough to represent their teams. The current Jets helmet logo is too busy and complicated and

isn't iconic enough to represent the team. Maybe if the Jets had been using the logo for the past 20 years it would be classic enough to

represent the team but it doesn't. I think the idea the Jets had going with the 90's style logo had potential and is a solid concept.

Maybe if the Jets had been using the logo for the past 20 years it would be classic enough to represent the team but it doesn't.

You do realize their current logo is what the jets used throughout their history, up until the green helmets, right? I think as a logo alone its weak, could be worse, but still weak. But it has history/tradition on its side...

kCkLFSX.pngWGUTHKC.pngnbweR1j.png

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

Maybe if the Jets had been using the logo for the past 20 years it would be classic enough to represent the team but it doesn't.

You do realize their current logo is what the jets used throughout their history, up until the green helmets, right? I think as a logo alone its weak, could be worse, but still weak. But it has history/tradition on its side...

Haha, owned...I didn't realize it was actually used so frequently but even so, it is no where as classic as say the Green Bay "G" or the wishbone "C" now synonymous with the bears (yes I know it's originally the U of Chicago's). Another thing, like bruschimania said, the logo is just a oval with jumbled letters inside. It doesn't really look good. I think that's the first time I have ever agreed with a Pats fan...

Maybe if the Jets had been using the logo for the past 20 years it would be classic enough to

represent the team but it doesn't.

Ummmmmm.........what? Joe Namath........Don Maynard..........Upset Super Bowl over my Colts? Ring any bells? How can you say that it's not classic enough. Especially where they won thier only super bowl with it? That amazes me.

Jimmy Eat World

jimmysig.jpg

realsaltlake.pngsaltlake-1.png

Archived