"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well...my latest newsletter from CoachFran.com that I paid thousands of dollars for reports that Dennis Franchione is discussing a buyout with A&M worth roughly $2 million.

Adios Fran

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Check out the "

" from the Navy-Notre Dame game. It's only the most awesomesly good sack in the history of organized football...and a NAVY player did it!

YouTube video alert: Safe for work. Not safe for Notre Dame fans. :P

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

Well....if you missed tonight's Western Michigan-Central Michigan tilt...you missed one of the best 4th Quarters I've seen played this season.

(Central won, 34-31 if you're curious.)

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Yeah, that was a great game (the all black of western looked horrible though, especially since their colors are brown and gold. Oh yeah, and those gold flakes in the chips' helmets looked great, I never noticed that before.) I didn't really care who won, but it was still an exciting game. It almost looked like Western might score on that last play, the laterals were working for a while.

MegatronSig2.jpg

Yeah, that was a great game (the all black of western looked horrible though, especially since their colors are brown and gold. Oh yeah, and those gold flakes in the chips' helmets looked great, I never noticed that before.) I didn't really care who won, but it was still an exciting game. It almost looked like Western might score on that last play, the laterals were working for a while.

I know...I was wondering if we were going to have Millsaps-Trinity again...which would have cemented this game's status as "instant classic".

Today, we are all otaku.

Check out the "
" from the Navy-Notre Dame game. It's only the most awesomesly good sack in the history of organized football...and a NAVY player did it!

A fine play without question, but best ever? It would have a tough time beating out the one that's become known simply as

It's not only a specutacular sack, it resulted in a score and was pivotal in one of college football's greatest rivalry games. The replay from the end zone shows it best.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The Fiesta wouldn't waste an at-large on West Virginia. Not a knock on their team, it's just that they won't bring a lot of fans. Sure, the hotels will take a hit, but filling the building with fans from a nearby school certainly is a huge benefit.

West Virginia travels ton's of fans and they will end up in the Rose Bowl if they win out and Ohio State goes to the BCS game, the reason the Rose Bowl will take them is because they will bring alot of fans.

It's still a little to early for predictions since there is no way Michigan or WVU will make the BCS as a at-large both need to win their conferences to get in and Hawaii only needs to move up a few spots in the BCS rankings or end up ranked higher than a conference champ with a auto-bid which could happen if Virginia wins the ACC.

Check out the "

A fine play without question, but best ever? It would have a tough time beating out the one that's become known simply as

It's not only a specutacular sack, it resulted in a score and was pivotal in one of college football's greatest rivalry games. The replay from the end zone shows it best.

I didn't say best play, just best sack.

On January 16, 2013 at 3:49 PM, NJTank said:

Btw this is old hat for Notre Dame. Knits Rockne made up George Tip's death bed speech.

The Fiesta wouldn't waste an at-large on West Virginia. Not a knock on their team, it's just that they won't bring a lot of fans. Sure, the hotels will take a hit, but filling the building with fans from a nearby school certainly is a huge benefit.

West Virginia travels ton's of fans and they will end up in the Rose Bowl if they win out and Ohio State goes to the BCS game, the reason the Rose Bowl will take them is because they will bring alot of fans.

I'm not sure Pasadena is ready for their fans, personally...

But, if Michigan wins everything except for their tilt with Ohio State, their computer numbers might be strong enough to forgive HOT! HOT! HOT! transgressions. Yes, they'd have 3 losses, but 2 of them would be to 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country. All that indicates is Michigan had a hard schedule. And the Rose Bowl will always opt for the "classic" Big Ten/Pac 10 matchup if its possible, especially because Michigan travels just as well, if not better than, West Virginia.

It's still a little to early for predictions since there is no way Michigan or WVU will make the BCS as a at-large both need to win their conferences to get in and Hawaii only needs to move up a few spots in the BCS rankings or end up ranked higher than a conference champ with a auto-bid which could happen if Virginia wins the ACC.

Hawaii should not get into the BCS, and either will drop a game to end that dream, or will see their poor schedule end their chances. I don't think Hawaii's even ranked in the computer polls. Seriously...Hawaii's best win right now is Louisiana Tech, and this team struggles in the lower 48. Sorry folks, the dream isn't happening this season.

Today, we are all otaku.

But, if Michigan wins everything except for their tilt with Ohio State, their computer numbers might be strong enough to forgive HOT! HOT! HOT! transgressions. Yes, they'd have 3 losses, but 2 of them would be to 2 of the top 3 or 4 teams in the country. All that indicates is Michigan had a hard schedule. And the Rose Bowl will always opt for the "classic" Big Ten/Pac 10 matchup if its possible, especially because Michigan travels just as well, if not better than, West Virginia.

Hawaii should not get into the BCS, and either will drop a game to end that dream, or will see their poor schedule end their chances. I don't think Hawaii's even ranked in the computer polls. Seriously...Hawaii's best win right now is Louisiana Tech, and this team struggles in the lower 48. Sorry folks, the dream isn't happening this season.

Michigan has an outside chance with three losses but they need to be in the BCS top 14 to get an at-large bid, they are ranked 12th now and would most likely drop below 14 following a loss to Ohio State, Florida has a better chance of moving up to the top 14 and getting in.

Hawaii has to move from 16 to 12 and that will happen if they win out since teams ahead of them like Michigan, Virginia Tech, and UConn will be losing to higher ranked teams if there are no upsets.

Michigan has an outside chance with three losses but they need to be in the BCS top 14 to get an at-large bid, they are ranked 12th now and would most likely drop below 14 following a loss to Ohio State, Florida has a better chance of moving up to the top 14 and getting in.

Hawaii has to move from 16 to 12 and that will happen if they win out since teams ahead of them like Michigan, Virginia Tech, and UConn will be losing to higher ranked teams if there are no upsets.

Michigan's got a game at Wisconsin, in which a win there should bolster its standing in the BCS before armageddon against Ohio State.

Hawaii's going to lose one of its last 4. Bank on it-either at Nevada, or against Boise State and Washington. Having actually seen them play, they are not that good, but rather the product of a schedule that, well, I've seen I-AA used to describe it. If they were a legit good team like Utah a couple of years back or Boise State last year, they would not need overtime to beat the likes of Louisiana Tech or San Jose State.

Today, we are all otaku.

Check out the "

It was still the better sack, because it was a sack + TD = win.

But the best sack I've ever seen goes to David Pollack back when he was with UGA. I think they were playing South Carolina, and he sacked some dude in the endzone, ball comes loose, he catches the ball in midair, and scores. It was unbelievable. I wish there was video eveidence on youtube.

Check out the "

It was still the better sack, because it was a sack + TD = win.

But the best sack I've ever seen goes to David Pollack back when he was with UGA. I think they were playing South Carolina, and he sacked some dude in the endzone, ball comes loose, he catches the ball in midair, and scores. It was unbelievable. I wish there was video eveidence on youtube.

It loses skill and style points because it's Chris Simms in a big game. That sort of thing's inevitable under those circumstances.

Today, we are all otaku.

If Pasadena ain't ready for WVU's fans, and the Mounties do make it to the Rose Bowl, the fine inhabitants of Pasadena might do good to purchase fire insurance REAL QUICK... :D

(just a joke...I think only people from or around WV might get it, though.)

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

If Pasadena ain't ready for WVU's fans, and the Mounties do make it to the Rose Bowl, the fine inhabitants of Pasadena might do good to purchase fire insurance REAL QUICK... :D

Or those who are familiar with WVU's "peculiar" way of celebrating football games. :P

Today, we are all otaku.

Or those who are familiar with WVU's "peculiar" way of celebrating football games. :P

Furniture sales will go through the roof!

#CHOMPCHOMPCHOMP

Furniture sales will go through the roof!

... then perhaps they should have headed toward the galleryfurniture.com bowl when it was around?

I saw, I came, I left.

Archived