"Official" 2007 College Football Thread

Drew22

The Fiesta wouldn't waste an at-large on West Virginia. Not a knock on their team, it's just that they won't bring a lot of fans. Sure, the hotels will take a hit, but filling the building with fans from a nearby school certainly is a huge benefit.

West Virginia travels ton's of fans and they will end up in the Rose Bowl if they win out and Ohio State goes to the BCS game, the reason the Rose Bowl will take them is because they will bring alot of fans.

I'm not sure Pasadena is ready for their fans, personally...

If Pasadena ain't ready for WVU's fans, and the Mounties do make it to the Rose Bowl, the fine inhabitants of Pasadena might do good to purchase fire insurance REAL QUICK... :D

(just a joke...I think only people from or around WV might get it, though.)

Or those who are familiar with WVU's "peculiar" way of celebrating football games. :P

Furniture sales will go through the roof!

... then perhaps they should have headed toward the galleryfurniture.com bowl when it was around?

Only if Tim Couch was leading them.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know much about Big Ten football. How long has the University of Wisconsin dropped everything for everyone in the stadium, marching band and ESPN crew included, to dance to Jump Around? That was the damndest thing.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

The mood in Tuscaloosa must be downright medieval.

College football still fails to make sense this year. Or the Huskers got told Bill Callahan was fired, but...Nebraska 73, Kansas State 31

And since it was D-III day on ESPN College Football

DePauw University 24, Wabash College 21 :D

DePauw wins the 114th Monon Bell Classic.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

College football still fails to make sense this year. Or the Huskers got told Bill Callahan was fired, but...Nebraska 73, Kansas State 31

A week after getting a 76-spot put on em...they put a 73-spot on KSU. Even if all of this makes little-to-no-sense, RockChalk JayHawk wins big. :D

A week after getting a 76-spot put on em...they put a 73-spot on KSU. Even if all of this makes little-to-no-sense, RockChalk JayHawk wins big. :D

I saw this elsewhere, but Nebraska does beat the state of Kansas on Aggregate, 112-107 :wacko:

You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

It's the lovely girlfriend's Birthday today, and as such, I'm not getting to watch the second half of the Illinois game. In lieu of ESPN Mobile, I have a team of friends texting me updates. I-L-L!

Ohio State may be in trouble. Illinois looks good.

They're not making mistakes. No turnovers, no penalties... no glaring mistakes. And... just now they're up by two touchdown's.

So far it's just a good ol' down home ass kicking. Illinois is the better team right now. Gotta give credit to the Illini, they're whipping our asses on both sides of the ball. No excuses. Still some game left but I don't see this turning around.

Edit: Then again...Beanie Wells for 6. Gotta find a way to stop them though.

BB52Big.jpg

That OSU QB sure can make plays with his legs when he needs to... but the mistakes he's making with his arm are killing his team.

edit: missed the first by an inch. I thought they got a generous spot, too. Come on, Zook... go for it.

They were set to punt before OSU called a timeout, weren't they?

IUe6Hvh.png

So Notre Dame has now lost to two service academies for the first time in....forever.

41-24 was the final for those curious.

Today, we are all otaku.

What a stud Juice Williams is. What's that, three times he's ran for first downs on third down on this drive alone?

The sad part is that everyone in the country new the guy was running the ball and The Buckeyes still couldn't stop him. Illinois played a helluva game today. Looks like it was our turn to fall from number one. This game was never as close as the score would indicate.

BB52Big.jpg

So Notre Dame has now lost to two service academies for the first time in....forever.

41-24 was the final for those curious.

This team is infinetely worse than Ty Willingham's third and final year. Weis has done nothing to deserve even a shred of job security.

IUe6Hvh.png

[NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP REDACTED]

*looks for orange glow on Western horizon*

Today, we are all otaku.

OSU's reign at the top is over. The Fighting Illini have won back Illibuck.

Nothing lasts forever. We'll be back next year. (hell if enough breaks fall the right way we may still be in it this year)

All in all I'd say even 10-2 (if it goes badly next week) is pretty good for a "rebuilding year." All credit to Illinois. They dominated that game. Even though they likely knocked us out of the title hunt, I am happy to see Illinois have a good season. Their fans went through some pretty lean times for a while there. Enjoy the win Illini fans.

Now it's on to Ann Arbor to ruin what's left of Michigan's season...I hope.

BB52Big.jpg

Archived